Quality problems

CBE
Org Profile

Quality problems

Post by CBE » Sun Nov 12, 2006 6:32 am

Hello everyone!
I'm new in the AMV community, so far I had made only one AMV and I'm very proud of it. But well, back to the topic. I had problems with the quality of my AMV, it was bad. I ripped my scenes from my DVD and they were ok until I transformed them to .VOB into .MOV files. After that the quality went down.
Can anyone tell me why is that? It is because of the DVD, some security system? Maybe because of my ripping programm? (I used 0SEx 0.0110a1, btw). If is not anything I mentioned so what it could be?
Please answer my question, because I want to make another AMV and the scenes came with bad quality too.

AMV_4000
Org Profile

Post by AMV_4000 » Sun Nov 12, 2006 6:34 am

low bitrate? smaller resolution? MOV??

yeah those could all be it...

CBE
Org Profile

Post by CBE » Sun Nov 12, 2006 6:44 am

well, one of those could be the reason, but still I don't know. Has anyone know a solution to my problem?

analspider
Org Profile

Post by analspider » Sun Nov 12, 2006 6:46 am

well i personally dont convert my vob files unless i really need to cuz yeah the quality really drops but im still trying to think of a solution to ur problem
Dont mock the weak, mock the prosperous......

Willen
Now in Hi-Def!
Org Profile

Post by Willen » Sun Nov 12, 2006 7:01 am

I suspect it's because of the conversion from VOB to MOV where you lost the quality. I'll point you to this thread: http://www.animemusicvideos.org/phpBB/v ... hp?t=72938 which may help. Unfortunately, the links on the posted replies are down. :(
Having trouble playing back videos? I recommend: Image

CBE
Org Profile

Post by CBE » Sun Nov 12, 2006 7:21 am

Do you think that instead of ripping the DVD we can, like, capturing the images while playing tha video ond the DVD player of the computer?
If there's not a way for it then I guess we better find a way to obtain a good quality from the transformation. Personally, I followed the tutorial of How to make an AMV with Mac, the examples show there were good quality. Maybe he guy who did that tutorial know a way.

CBE
Org Profile

Post by CBE » Sun Nov 12, 2006 7:23 am

Do you think that instead of ripping the DVD we can, like, capturing the images while playing tha video ond the DVD player of the computer?
If there's not a way for it then I guess we better find a way to obtain a good quality from the transformation. Personally, I followed the tutorial of How to make an AMV with Mac, the examples show there were good quality. Maybe he guy who did that tutorial know a way.

analspider
Org Profile

Post by analspider » Sun Nov 12, 2006 7:25 am

maybe if you can get a hold of him that would probably be for the best ^_^
Dont mock the weak, mock the prosperous......

Kariudo
Twilight prince
Org Profile

Post by Kariudo » Sun Nov 12, 2006 1:56 pm

chances are that you will run into the same quality issue (might be even worse) if you try to capture the footage instead of ripping it

CBE
Org Profile

Post by CBE » Sun Nov 12, 2006 5:07 pm

Kariudo wrote:chances are that you will run into the same quality issue (might be even worse) if you try to capture the footage instead of ripping it
Well you might be right. But I´m not sure that there isn't some way. Maybe what I meant was a capturing, what I meant to say it's a recording. Recording scenes with an special software (don't know if theres is any like that) something like recording programs form the TV or a thing like that.

Return to “Video & Audio Help”