virtual dub makes huge files when exporting

If you have questions about compression/encoding/converting look here.
Jasta85
Org Profile

virtual dub makes huge files when exporting

Post by Jasta85 » Mon Nov 06, 2006 12:32 am

ok, first off i will state that i did look at the guides and i did a search on the forums for a related topic and couldnt find what i was looking for, onto me question

im using virtual dub for the first time to get rid of subtitiles but when i have my vid cropped and looking good i have problems exporting.

according to directions i just go to file, save as... and then save my file. the problem is that when it saves it it saves into a file that is over 10 GB large, i dont understand why it's doing that, my amv is just a few minutes long. anyway, it's really frustrating and i would be greatful if someone could help me

thanks ahead of time

Kariudo
Twilight prince
Org Profile

Post by Kariudo » Mon Nov 06, 2006 12:46 am

you're saving the file as uncompressed RGB, which is very very large.

you'll want to compress your video (prefferably with a lossless codec like Lagarith)
but these files are also large (but not as large as uncompressed), so you might just want to save the small clips that you think you'll end up using (use the mark-in and mark-out buttons to designate an area of the video that you want to save)

Willen
Now in Hi-Def!
Org Profile

Post by Willen » Mon Nov 06, 2006 6:25 am

Converting entire episodes (especially in Uncompressed, but even with Lagarith or Huffyuv) is not for the faint of heart. Or those with little free hard drive space. :P
Having trouble playing back videos? I recommend: Image

Return to “Conversion / Encoding Help”