A newbie vegas tutorial

For help and discussion concerning Magix's (formerly Sony's) Movie Studio and Vegas Pro editing software.
NarutoxFlame
Org Profile

A newbie vegas tutorial

Post by NarutoxFlame » Sun Nov 05, 2006 1:42 pm

Welcome to NarutoXFlames Sony Vegas Tutorial Part 1
Ok. This is my first tutorial. It's about the NLE(non-linear editor) called Sony Vegas. I'm using version 6.0 but you can still use most versions with this tutorial i believe. Anyways, on with the tutorial!

Ok. First of all, you have to understand the videos you use in vegas cannot be compressed in DiVX of Xvid. If they are(wich you will figure out if they don't go onto your timeline) you need a little program called Virtual dub mod:
http://virtualdubmod.sourceforge.net/

what you need to do:
open your video in Virtual dub mod(VDub Mod form now on) and select the clips you want to render with the 2 buttons at the bottom tolbar(most right buttons)
Now. You'r going to want to compress in lagarith
so make a google search for "lagarith loseless codec" I'm not going to tell you about other codecs right now, because i find lagarith is the best way to do it. Once you have your clips,

OPEN UP VEGAS!
First of all, use your explorer to find all your clips(im guessing you NEATLY organized your clips somewhere.) Now drag your clips into the "timeline" You can have as many video and audio tracks as you want in order to make faded images with the "opacity" trick wich i will explain in my next guide. This is the fun part. You get to drag your clips and audio onto the timeline and mix around. Image

This concludes part 1 of my tutorial. Next time we'll be learning about some other basics like basic effects, transitions, panning and other things!

P.S:Sorry about the image sizes

i hope you enjoyed part 1![/img]
life is suicide

Kariudo
Twilight prince
Org Profile

Post by Kariudo » Sun Nov 05, 2006 2:49 pm

uhhh...
http://www.animemusicvideos.org/phpBB/v ... hp?t=66054
this has been there for awhile

Digitalmaster3605
Org Profile

Post by Digitalmaster3605 » Sun Nov 05, 2006 3:02 pm

Besides the fact we have a Vegas Tutorial STICKY at the top of this forum, you completley disregard the fact that the org has an AMVApp that includes VDubMod, Lagarith, HuffyUV, and a load of other things to be used. So this guide phails.

NarutoxFlame
Org Profile

Post by NarutoxFlame » Sun Nov 05, 2006 4:23 pm

i know that stuff there. I read the stickied guide and the VDub Mod guide. I just wanted to make this so that ppl can read it too this there will most likely be stuff that Mercury didn't cover like playback rate, synching, etc.
life is suicide

Kariudo
Twilight prince
Org Profile

Post by Kariudo » Sun Nov 05, 2006 4:32 pm

there are already guides for syncing, and it looks like playback rate is just that slider underneath the layers.

the point is, that everything you're intending on covering is either already covered.

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Post by Scintilla » Sun Nov 05, 2006 9:49 pm

... Compression is your friend. Even lossless .PNGs would save a good deal of space.
I'm just glad I'm not trying to view this thread on dialup. :?
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

Return to “Movie Studio & Vegas Pro”