exporting problem

Discussion and help related to Adobe video software goes here. e.x. Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop, etc.
Scotty_was_Taken
Org Profile

Post by Scotty_was_Taken » Sun Nov 05, 2006 2:02 am

thanks for your help and attention you 3, now heres yet another problem

the video im makin is set to 720 x 480 and all my sources except 1 are 640x460. when i export at 720 x 480 there are big black gaps on either side of the images i use, but still show footage when i zoom in on something. so they act as a border till i make the scale of the frames bigger, then the video can be seen in that area. so its not really a border

if i export the resolution to 640x480 the videos have these real nasty lines running horisontally and the quality looks crap. ive used square pixels and source type pixels and its always the same problem... there something annoying no matter how i export... any ideas?

p.s. bashar whats the video your workin on, song and anime? cant wait to see it finished if its for bleach cause im still yet to see a bleach video i enjoy... "hence why im making one ;) "
i only like naruto so far...im new to anime... what else is good?

Kariudo
Twilight prince
Org Profile

Post by Kariudo » Sun Nov 05, 2006 2:22 am

do you mean that all of your sources are 640x480 except for one?
640x460 would be a rater odd resolution...
if so, then you should consider resizing the one source that isn't 640x480 (or crop it, or resize and crop)

many programs can crop/resize footage, but most of them go about this in a way that isn't too great, it would be best if you could do your resizing in/with VirtualDub(/Mod)/AviSynth

after you get that settled, you should have the project settings match your footage properties (640x480 square pixels) and export with the same settings

doing this should take care of those borders, and those lines too...could you take a screenshot of these lines and post it?

Scotty_was_Taken
Org Profile

Post by Scotty_was_Taken » Sun Nov 05, 2006 3:08 am

nah i cant take screen shots of media player footage :( it never works for me, plus i cant see the upload option

and yeah sorry, i meant 640 480

so let me see if i understand. take the clip thats 720 by 480 and reasize to 640. but its already edited in the clip with 100 edits attached. do i have to redo them all?

and even if i do resize this source, how do i change the project settings from 720x480 to 640 by 480? i liked for that option for ages and concluded it didnt exist. am i wrong?

Kariudo
Twilight prince
Org Profile

Post by Kariudo » Sun Nov 05, 2006 3:22 am

If I'm not mistaken, you can start a new project and import the old one into it. (that's one of the problems with premiere pro, you can't change [most of] the project setttings after set them)

so if you change the resolution in the new project and then import the old one it could solve your problems.
the section that is 720x480 might be interpreted by premiere...or just cut off (probably at one end or the other, but you may get lucky and have it cut equally on both sides...40 pixels each)

for uploading, you can use a free image hosting service like www.imageshack.us
and usually you just open your video in virtualdub(/mod) and take a screenshot of that (but it should work with WMP as well)
press the prt sc (print screen) button to take the shot, then open up paint and paste (control+v) then save as a jpg.

upload the image, copy the direct link (if the image is bigger than 800x600 you'll have to copy the second thumbnail link) and put it in img tags

Code: Select all

[img]url to image[/img]

Scotty_was_Taken
Org Profile

Post by Scotty_was_Taken » Sun Nov 05, 2006 3:53 am

[img][img]http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/2839 ... wt0.th.jpg[/img][/img]

thats the pic. this is the result i got after changing the preject settings to 640 by 480 with 640 by 480 sources...

I DONT UNDERSTAND! why would these lines appear is the project settings and the source settings are the ame resolution?[/img]

Kariudo
Twilight prince
Org Profile

Post by Kariudo » Sun Nov 05, 2006 4:13 am

that looks like interlacing (or...worst case scenario, interlacing and blending)
did you de-interlace your source?
did you resize it?

you may not be able to do anything about it this time around. The only thing I can think of doing is making a little avs script.
you'll need the TIVTC package
the only way I know how to take care of this while still having a chnace of preserving your sync is to use TFM(order=-1,mode=5,PP=7,field=-1,slow=2)

I assume that you know about and have AviSynth (2.5.5 or later)
if not, you'll want to read up on it in EADFAG
when you get it, put the files into avisynth's plugins directory (or you'll have to use loadPlugin("pathToPlugin.dll") to get it to work)

I'm not 100% sure if you need other plugins as well, but if you do, they're all free

Purge
Org Profile

Post by Purge » Sun Nov 05, 2006 8:51 am

are the lines showing only after you export?

when exporting make sure in the keyfame and rendering section that "No Feilds (pogressive Scan)" is selected and everthing else is unchecked.

Scotty_was_Taken
Org Profile

Post by Scotty_was_Taken » Sun Nov 05, 2006 3:29 pm

well the lines are absent when i export at the 720 resolution, so it is something to do with the resolution. i just need to find a way for the boarder to stay the same shape hwen i shake the screen in an action scene. ill try out your techniques though after todays exam

thanks so much for your help so far Purge and Kariudo, and all your time. you got me through problems i couldnt do on my own...

hopefully ill learn enough soon to help others here.

Scotty_was_Taken
Org Profile

Post by Scotty_was_Taken » Sun Nov 05, 2006 3:33 pm

and woah i only just noticed but the lines in that picture are nowhere near that bad... i have no idea what happened. maybe an error in the upload, but they are defintaly not that plentiful and masive lol. its actually sotra watchable with them, but slightly annoying none the less.

Return to “Adobe Software”