Problem with AVI-CLips in Sony vegas 6!!!

For help and discussion concerning Magix's (formerly Sony's) Movie Studio and Vegas Pro editing software.
Kevmaster
Eisenbahnmörser
Org Profile

Problem with AVI-CLips in Sony vegas 6!!!

Post by Kevmaster » Sat Nov 04, 2006 9:42 am

I have a big problem. I installed Sony Vegas 6 on my computer, but for a reason I don't know I can't import any AVI-clips in it. I'm only talking about DivX and Xvid..I installed both codecs, but it hadn't worked, so I uninstalled the codecs and installed them again, but it is still not working. I also uninstalled vegas and installed it again, but nothing worked..I really need help! At the moment I can only use not good quality WMV-clips. Please help me!! :cry:

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Re: Problem with AVI-CLips in Sony vegas 6!!!

Post by Scintilla » Sat Nov 04, 2006 11:29 am

Kevmasterflashdeluxe wrote:I have a big problem. I installed Sony Vegas 6 on my computer, but for a reason I don't know I can't import any AVI-clips in it. I'm only talking about DivX and Xvid..
<a href="http://www.amvwiki.org/index.php/DivX_E ... evegas.gif[/img]</a>
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

Kevmaster
Eisenbahnmörser
Org Profile

Post by Kevmaster » Sat Nov 04, 2006 11:39 am

But which files I should use instead of DivX or Xvid? wmv is shitty quality and all the people I know and asked can use this clips..only I can't use them..

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Post by Scintilla » Sat Nov 04, 2006 11:53 am

Kevmasterflashdeluxe wrote:But which files I should use instead of DivX or Xvid? wmv is shitty quality and all the people I know and asked can use this clips..only I can't use them..
Did you click the link?
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

Kevmaster
Eisenbahnmörser
Org Profile

Post by Kevmaster » Sat Nov 04, 2006 11:59 am

yes after I posted the reply..lol.. :? but i still don't understand why IÄm the only one who can't use them

Kevmaster
Eisenbahnmörser
Org Profile

Post by Kevmaster » Sat Nov 04, 2006 12:05 pm

And all the clips are from a website and this clips are without sound and made from the webmaster to use in amvs! but when i try to insert my clips into vegas it does nothing.. :(

CrackTheSky
has trust issues
Org Profile

Post by CrackTheSky » Sat Nov 04, 2006 12:11 pm

Kevmasterflashdeluxe wrote:And all the clips are from a website
Well there's your first problem. Don't use downloaded footage. Go buy the DVDs and rip scenes straight from there and encode the clips with a lossless codec (i.e. HuffYUV and Lagarith).

If you're still having problems, THEN we can help.

Kevmaster
Eisenbahnmörser
Org Profile

Post by Kevmaster » Sat Nov 04, 2006 12:25 pm

but that all wasn't what I really wanted :'(

I just want to know how to use this damn clips and not what i can use instead of them!

oh well..maybe I should say from which website, this are really good quality quality clips from [Kalium: Link removed.] !Dragonball Clips! The webamster ripped them from DVD and put them up to download. Everyone I know can use this clips in vegas, only I can't use them. They work only In windows Movie maker and in another beginner program i have, but Vegas and Adobe After Effects can't read them.. :(

Oh yeah..i forgot..I just tried it to see if it is with all clips..some DivX-amv's I can insert in vegas and sometimes there's only the sound of the clips..
also when I insert some of downloaded animeepisdoes, there's also only the sound. But sometimes there are picture and sound... :roll:

Minion
Org Profile

Post by Minion » Sat Nov 04, 2006 12:46 pm

you can't link to footage download sites here =/
KioAtWork: I'm so bored. I don't have class again for another half hour.
Minion: masturbate into someones desk and giggle about it for the remaining 28 minutes

Moonie
Give me some candy!
Org Profile

Post by Moonie » Sat Nov 04, 2006 2:16 pm

To get your clips to work you need to re-encode them in a program like virtualdub and use a codec like Huffyuv or Lagarith
Its best to encode only the clips you need insted of whole episodes since those codecs can make HUGE files
you can download virtual dub here
http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/virt ... p?download
Since you are using downloaded footage at some point you may get files in MKV or OGM format. For those you will need virtualdub mod to convert them
http://virtualdubmod.sourceforge.net/

I used these screenshots to show someone how to convert dvd vobs but they can be used here for this.
The screenshots are from virtualdub mod but what you are doing can be done in regular virtual dub

run virtualdub mod (or virtualdub) and open the video file wherever it is on your hard drive

After it opens go to "video" then select "compression" and select a codec like Huffy

You can use the buttons like shown below to select scenes you want to encode.
Once you select a scene go to "file" then save it as an avi.

Thats basically what you have to do! ^_^

*drinks sake*
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

Return to “Movie Studio & Vegas Pro”