exporting problem

Discussion and help related to Adobe video software goes here. e.x. Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop, etc.
Scotty_was_Taken
Org Profile

exporting problem

Post by Scotty_was_Taken » Fri Nov 03, 2006 7:12 pm

hey im trying to export and encode my bleach video but not matter what settings i use theres a problem

when i use the high definition tv settings the shape is all wrong and theres huge spaces on the left and right of the video. if i try and change the resolution an error message states "an unknown error has occoured" great help there...

im used the windows media video 9 codec. should i have used another? im playin it in the newest media player.

so i do the wm9 NTSC and the quality is just utter crap no matter what i set the resolution to.

ive tried about 10 different configurations and either the quality is great, but its the wrong shape. or i get the right shape but the quality is terrible.

it takes my computer like 15 minutes to export the video, and waiting 15 minutes 10 times in a row gets very annoying, especially if each time the resulting video sucks. so if anyone has any tips at all that can save me a day id much appreciate it

thanks
scotty

p.s. one of the settings put the video out of timing with the audio... wth is with that???
i only like naruto so far...im new to anime... what else is good?

Purge
Org Profile

Post by Purge » Fri Nov 03, 2006 7:26 pm

what program are you using?

read the "Exporting Your AMV Ready For Compression" of this guide and it might solve your prob:) http://www.animemusicvideos.org/guides/avtech/

Kariudo
Twilight prince
Org Profile

Post by Kariudo » Fri Nov 03, 2006 7:28 pm

bash, Purge beat me to it, but I have things to add too...

what program are you using?
what are the project and export settings?
what are the properties of the footage you're using (resolution, NTSC/PAL, etc)?

all I can say right now is that you should probably export using Huffyuv, or uncompressed. If neither of those are options, try exporting DV or DV-avi...pretty much whatever is avaliable (if you can't do any of this...export with the absolute highest setting you can)

you can then do your final encode in virtualdub(/mod)
following these steps

Scotty_was_Taken
Org Profile

Post by Scotty_was_Taken » Sat Nov 04, 2006 12:12 am

heya, thanks for your help

im using premievere pro and i followed that guide purge game me to the letter. AWESOME QUALITY love it, awesome everything... EXCEPT!

now the video is half the speed it should be. i followed the guide exactly.

the file wont play in winamp, and when i play it in media player it says i need the file extentsion. shouldnt windows media player already have that file extension?

thanks for any more help you can provide
scotty

Scotty_was_Taken
Org Profile

Post by Scotty_was_Taken » Sat Nov 04, 2006 12:14 am

sorry but i couldnt find an edit post button

i know i said the time is delayed, but if i skip ahead to halfway throughthe video, the time is in synch again when it starts but slowly falls behind. maybe my computers too slow to run it raw?

its a 3500 athlon 512 ram and some video card. gforce a6800 128 meg.

thanks again...and why no edit button?

Purge
Org Profile

Post by Purge » Sat Nov 04, 2006 12:21 am

lol - not the required info again

what codec did you use for your vid file?

If its huffyuv/lagarith/uncompresed then slow playback in media players can be expected.

You wanna do this if thats the case:
Kariudo wrote:you can then do your final encode in virtualdub(/mod)
following these steps

Kariudo
Twilight prince
Org Profile

Post by Kariudo » Sat Nov 04, 2006 12:23 am

no edit button because of the potential abuse of it.

anyway...export uncompressed RGB
premiere pro has issues with exporting...and the only thing that works consitently is uncompressed export (vdub is better anyway)

this will be a big file, ~5GB big and you will not be able to play it (in realtime at least)
your specs look fine (I assume Athlon 64 3500)

then follow the steps in the guide that you were linked to by both Purge and me

Scotty_was_Taken
Org Profile

Post by Scotty_was_Taken » Sat Nov 04, 2006 1:21 am

i am going crazy

i expoerted it uncompressed by the way, sorry about that purge.

ok so i exporeted it, and followed all the steps which took over 1 hour to do perfectly... and i finaly think im nearly finished, and when i click save in virtual dub it says... take a guess

"virtual dub has encountered a problem and needs to close. sorry for the invconveniance" send error report?

every time it says this... i feel like this video is taking every possible turn away from completion just to completly piss me off. i duno what to do anymore im goin nuts i swear. so much wasted time. ive spent like 1 week just making the first 30 seconds of this video, and if it doesnt work im gana be a sad sad panda!

gah.

Scotty_was_Taken
Org Profile

Post by Scotty_was_Taken » Sat Nov 04, 2006 1:40 am

again, no edit post button, but i fixed the problem. sorry :(

they really need an edit post button lol

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Sat Nov 04, 2006 11:08 am

Scotty_was_Taken wrote: ive spent like 1 week just making the first 30 seconds of this video, and if it doesnt work im gana be a sad sad panda!
You make it sound like that's a lot of time. :lol:
<- Currently been working on a video for nearly 3 months (280 hours of actual work time) and has 8 seconds of video actually placed on the timeline.

Just to make sure this is all correct, you exported uncompressed video and no audio (less hassle) and then tried to use VirtualDubMod to transcode to... what exactly? DivX? Is your codec up to date? What do your encode settings look like? 1-pass or 2-pass? When does it crash? What else do you have open at the time?
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

Return to “Adobe Software”