encode question

This forum is for questions and discussion of all the aspects of handling your footage. If you have questions about capturing/ripping footage, AviSynth, or compression/encoding/converting, look here.

encode question

Postby dowhatnow » Thu Nov 02, 2006 7:15 am

I've got a problem.

I have a 52 second video that, without audio, compresses fine. However, when the audio is added (192 Kbps MP3 CBR or even 1411 WAV CBR), the end result comes out to:

upwards of 700 MB for the MP3 version
upwards of 60 MB for the WAV version

I've got the following for a script:

aviSource("C:\newamv.avi")
ConvertToYV12()
telecide(order=0,guide=0)
Decimate(cycle=5, mode=2,quality=3)
AssumeFPS(29.97)
Tweak(cont=1.0,sat=1.5,bright=-3, hue=0)
temporalcleaner()
deen("a3d",4)
mftoon()


WTF am I doing wrong?
User avatar
dowhatnow
 
Joined: 14 Nov 2002
Location: Nowhere of interest

Postby Purge » Thu Nov 02, 2006 7:33 am

how are you adding the audio?


Could just compress in VdubMod the Video without the audio. Then just add the audio to the compressed video.
User avatar
Purge
 
Joined: 10 Oct 2005
Location: Under Aus

Postby dowhatnow » Thu Nov 02, 2006 7:41 am

Purge wrote:how are you adding the audio?


Could just compress in VdubMod the Video without the audio. Then just add the audio to the compressed video.


I'm doing that. Following the EADFAG step by step.

I've encountered a bit more information that could prove helpful.

When I abort the operation (audio with video) about 200 frames into the actual video, I noticed that the colors inverted. Why? Would this have anything to do with my problem?
User avatar
dowhatnow
 
Joined: 14 Nov 2002
Location: Nowhere of interest

Postby BauziOLD » Thu Nov 02, 2006 7:50 am

Do you have tried this:
Ouput the video without audio, but with the scriptedits and in Lagarith.
and than: Open the file in VDM and add the song via streamlist.

Anyway a good alternative is:
http://aflux.deltaanime.net/Zero1/MP4/x264.html
Have you tried it?

When I abort the operation (audio with video) about 200 frames into the actual video, I noticed that the colors inverted. Why? Would this have anything to do with my problem?

:( Not good...
ImageImageImage
Image
User avatar
BauziOLD
 
Joined: 17 Oct 2006
Location: Austria (uhm the other country without kangaroos^^)

Postby dowhatnow » Thu Nov 02, 2006 8:04 am

-Bauzi- wrote:Do you have tried this:
Ouput the video without audio, but with the scriptedits and in Lagarith.
and than: Open the file in VDM and add the song via streamlist.

Anyway a good alternative is:
http://aflux.deltaanime.net/Zero1/MP4/x264.html
Have you tried it?

When I abort the operation (audio with video) about 200 frames into the actual video, I noticed that the colors inverted. Why? Would this have anything to do with my problem?

:( Not good...


I've not tried it yet... I'm not sure I should tackle it yet, though.

"Not good," eh? I figured as much. *sigh* :(

So, how bad is "not good"?

I've deleted a bunch of scriptedits that I really didn't need (deinterlacing (done in pre production), etc.), but it didn't seem to help.

All that's there now is:

ConvertToYV12()
Tweak(cont=1.0,sat=1.5,bright=-2, hue=0)
mftoon()


yet the video itself still comes out to be like... ~50-60 MB. Or at least, that's what VDM's telling me the projected size is.

I should probably mention that it's incomplete. Meaning, I've got lots of black. Also, if it's any help, I've hellaciously sped up what I do have, in excess of 5000% or higher in spots. Are any of these factors in my video's encoding hassles?
User avatar
dowhatnow
 
Joined: 14 Nov 2002
Location: Nowhere of interest

Postby BauziOLD » Thu Nov 02, 2006 8:13 am

So, how bad is "not good"?

So bad, that I really don´t know what you should do.

...in an h.264 script you can also load an avs into to work with it.
Your script itself should be no problem for VDM.

Have you tried an other video with the same scipt in VDM? Maybe VDM itself is damaged.
ImageImageImage
Image
User avatar
BauziOLD
 
Joined: 17 Oct 2006
Location: Austria (uhm the other country without kangaroos^^)

Postby dowhatnow » Thu Nov 02, 2006 8:26 am

-Bauzi- wrote:
So, how bad is "not good"?

So bad, that I really don´t know what you should do.

...in an h.264 script you can also load an avs into to work with it.
Your script itself should be no problem for VDM.

Have you tried an other video with the same scipt in VDM? Maybe VDM itself is damaged.


I'll give h.264 a go one of these days, just not this one.

I've actually tried a very similar script in VDM and had no problems. I don't think VDM is damaged, so...

Anything else?
User avatar
dowhatnow
 
Joined: 14 Nov 2002
Location: Nowhere of interest

Postby dowhatnow » Thu Nov 02, 2006 9:25 am

I'm sorry for the double post, but it's necessary.

All of the above was very n00bish of me. I just finished an encode that, when combined with audio totals to 16.1 MB. (bad figure for a 52 second video?)

What I was describing was an attempt to combine the huffy and the audio in one encode.

fail.
User avatar
dowhatnow
 
Joined: 14 Nov 2002
Location: Nowhere of interest

Postby Willen » Fri Nov 03, 2006 7:18 am

jonnkakarotto wrote:I just finished an encode that, when combined with audio totals to 16.1 MB. (bad figure for a 52 second video?)

Size seems acceptable for the duration.
Having trouble playing back videos? I recommend: Image
User avatar
Willen
Now in Hi-Def!
 
Joined: 10 Jul 2005
Location: SOS-Dan HQ
Status: Melancholy

Postby NarutoxFlame » Sun Nov 05, 2006 12:00 pm

ill tell you my clips are HUGE and i keep then that way = )
life is suicide
NarutoxFlame
 
Joined: 17 Oct 2006


Return to Footage Help

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests