Newbie Roadblocks

The Legendary Robanian
Org Profile

Newbie Roadblocks

Post by The Legendary Robanian » Wed Oct 25, 2006 5:07 pm

Woah...where time goes. It's been 38 hours - 8 hours (school) - 30 min. (food)...that leaves me with 29 1/2 hours of tediously trying to figure this AMV thing out. I've read everything, followed every link, and I frankly need a push in the right direction. I just uninstalled and reinstalled everything. I've decryted about 4g's of video from Tsukihime. I've got the first episode saved as a .d2v. Can someone please link me to the right place so I can find how where to go from right here. I'm not necisarily concerened with tainting the video quality or anything related. I just want to know which program to use to code my .d2v file into something I can edit with Windows Movie Maker. (.mpeg , .mp2,.ect.) I don't know if this is complete ignorance or sheer stupidity, but all the guides posted in the "You wanna be an AMV maker" are all worthless. They appear to be outdated compared to the current versions of the program and it explains stuff which is done during instalation..at least I think...I'm so lost it's not even funny. Uhh....Please help...

dokidoki
c0d3 m0nk3y
Org Profile

Post by dokidoki » Wed Oct 25, 2006 5:12 pm

Try this guide, which should be on this site in the not-too-distant future.
Image Image Image
"Comedy is a dying breed." -- kisanzi // "Comedy. Serious business." -- dokidoki

CrackTheSky
has trust issues
Org Profile

Post by CrackTheSky » Wed Oct 25, 2006 5:56 pm

Holy shit, reduce your signature size.

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Post by Scintilla » Wed Oct 25, 2006 6:35 pm

dokidoki wrote:Try this guide, which should be on this site in the not-too-distant future.
To be fair, if the OP wants to follow that guide, s/he really should start with following EADFAG, starting <a href="http://www.animemusicvideos.org/guides/ ... s">here</a>, for loading the .D2V file with AVISynth and removing interlacing (if desired), and <i>then</i> come back to that guide for aspect ratios and everything thereafter.

Also, thank you. ^_^
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

JudgeHolden
Org Profile

Post by JudgeHolden » Thu Oct 26, 2006 9:09 am

CrackTheSky wrote:Holy shit, reduce your signature size.
If mine was removed and it was the same total size as DokiDoki's, then TLR's needs to be removed .... :evil:

JH

sirvayza
Org Profile

Post by sirvayza » Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:44 pm

LOL! dialup? :P :twisted:

Kariudo
Twilight prince
Org Profile

Post by Kariudo » Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:53 pm

the limit for one pic is 40x600
total sig size limit is 80x600
531 >> (much larger than) 40

CrackTheSky
has trust issues
Org Profile

Post by CrackTheSky » Thu Oct 26, 2006 8:54 pm

sirvayza wrote:
LOL! dialup? :P :twisted:
No.

The Legendary Robanian
Org Profile

Post by The Legendary Robanian » Tue Oct 31, 2006 8:51 pm

*Changes sig....*
Well. It's been a while...*sighs*
So far I'm doin' great. The only problem left is HARDRIVE SPACE. I've got exactly 8.6g's left and this makes it a little difficult. B/c I have to basically do all my editing in VirtualDubMod. (Not fun or easy). But it is coming along very nicely. I will continue working...one way...or another...

Kariudo
Twilight prince
Org Profile

Post by Kariudo » Tue Oct 31, 2006 9:17 pm

still need to reduce sig size buddy.
204 >> 40
(your sig is 360x204)

8.6 gigs? if you already have your d2v files, then this should be more than enough.
what you can do is make an avisynth script and de-inerlace your dv2 files.
then, you open the script in virtualdub(/mod).
look through these scripts in vdub(/mod) and take small clips (use the mark in and mark out buttons, EADFAG tells you how to do this (if you need help)

use a lossless codec (like Lagarith) to save your clips in the avi container. You can then use these small clips in your editing program. (you might have to change the settings for lagarith, but this just means clicking the "always suggest RGB for output" box and the output mode to RGB(default)...pretty easy

These small clips don't take up too much space, and as long as you don't take 600 clips averaging 1 second each you should still have room to export your project. (assuming you're making around a 4 minute amv)

Return to “Video & Audio Help”