A note about YouTube

outlawed
Org Profile

Post by outlawed » Mon Oct 30, 2006 10:06 pm

sprueill wrote: all joking aside this is a serious matter and I don't like how everyone is either taking up a negitive point of veiw or are just plain giving up. there must be something we can do
We should all just stop making AMVs. It would be more healthy for us all.

Lyrs
Org Profile

Post by Lyrs » Mon Oct 30, 2006 10:39 pm

^ I support this man's sentiments. Hobbies such as meth, WoW, and Liquor are much more likely to kill the average AMV editor.
GeneshaSeal - Dead Seals for Free
Orgasm - It's a Science

Dookstar
Org Profile

Post by Dookstar » Mon Oct 30, 2006 10:40 pm

itll probably be like what happened with napster. NAPSTER was the big bad free ware downloading system that caught the public eye. 3 years pass it dies down, napster subsides and agrees to rights and MAKES people pay for downloads. with that spawned more and more freeware ie: limewire, bearware, etc...

si possibly it might be the end of this generation of amv downloads, but with it will probably spawn hundreds of new sites dedicated to the old ways, with one that will overcome. With a community like this, I could see iot being victorious.

in short, a-m-v.org may fallbut in its place may come a more stronger more efficient community, made by the community.... but better.

or we'll all just go to hell and rely on youtube and conventions for our fix .. -_-

outlawed
Org Profile

Post by outlawed » Mon Oct 30, 2006 10:46 pm

To be serious for a second...

One thing that strikes me as fascinating is how the current status quo seems to fear being marginalized by something like youtube.

Something similar kind of happened with the original online crowd when the online AMV growth exploded in 2001.

Dookstar
Org Profile

Post by Dookstar » Mon Oct 30, 2006 11:02 pm

like mentioned by Vlad, this community seems to be pretty close... no matter what happens - being shut down or limited to certain restrictions - people will always make amvs as long as theres a calling for it. this site was , for many people, a starting point in a new love, and with that people to share it with. NO ONE can tell you cant make amvs, if I recall amvs are made because you love to make them not to make a profit, not to be popular, its to do something you feel good about and maybe have people to share it with.

the end of a-m-v.org doesnt mean the end of amv's. a new breed will spawn and the process will start over

"wash rinse and repeat" everything comes goes and repeats in a new or redone idea. downloads stop. community lives. amvs will never die.

SQ
Doesn't have a title
Org Profile

Post by SQ » Tue Oct 31, 2006 3:38 am

Dookstar wrote: the end of a-m-v.org doesnt mean the end of amv's. a new breed will spawn and the process will start over
We'll probably all just meet at AWA and exchange disks or something, and there will be cardboard signs with "I Miss Phade" and "I miss the .org"

Then, there will always be that rebel going "I miss Kevin Caldwell."
StandardQuip
Discord: @standardquip
BentoVid (previously AMV Sashimi) Discord Server

tardini
Org Profile

Post by tardini » Tue Oct 31, 2006 5:39 am

WOW :shock: so practically it is being assumed that the site WILL disappear no matter what, and that absolutely nothing will be able to avoid this from happening, am i correct?

So how much time do you think this will last; 1 year perhaps 2 more?
How much time do we have of enjoyment before it all falls down.
and i just found this place :roll:

Is it that bad what we are doing here, i mean removing this site from the internet is not going to solve the huge problem that it is PEER TO PEER applications.

plz someone respond to this post
tnx!!

BauziOLD
Location: Austria (uhm the other country without kangaroos^^)
Org Profile

Post by BauziOLD » Tue Oct 31, 2006 7:57 am

tardini wrote:WOW :shock: so practically it is being assumed that the site WILL disappear no matter what, and that absolutely nothing will be able to avoid this from happening, am i correct?
As Phade said: "The days of this site are counted"
You can´t avoid the end. Everything ends! It is just a matter of time, when this happens and if it is a happy end for all or not.

Who knows? Maybe the site dies because there are not enought people that are interressted in amvs.
ImageImageImage

sprueill
Org Profile

Post by sprueill » Tue Oct 31, 2006 6:19 pm

but why do we have to give up without fighting? we have an awesome thing going here, always have, I think it is worth defending...so, why arn't we?
empireripmeeminaliveymnioj
МУАХАХА
[злой смех]
Ive spun for 7:32:46 what about you?

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Post by Scintilla » Tue Oct 31, 2006 6:34 pm

sprueill wrote:but why do we have to give up without fighting? we have an awesome thing going here, always have, I think it is worth defending...so, why arn't we?
Legally defending, you mean? Because the people running this website simply cannot afford to risk it. They're ordinary people with day jobs, just like us; they don't have the backing of big corporations with enough money and resources to take on such a case.

But there's nothing stopping us from taking other, smaller defensive actions, such as disclaiming any connection between our AMVs and the artists and telling AMV fans NOT to ask the artists or record labels about AMVs, openly promoting a-m-v.org in favor of <s>Suzumiya Haruhi no</s> Yuu'utsube (I like that word; I think I'll keep using it), etc.
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

Return to “Site Announcements”