A note about YouTube

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Mon Oct 30, 2006 4:01 pm

And if you have to stretch the truth a little bit to get these people on "our" side (saying they will no longer be able to view these AMVs they like so much if the problem continues, etc. etc.) then that's fine. Quite a few of these types of people won't actually listen to reason unless the consequence adversely affects them in some way.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

Gepetto
Mr. Poopy Pants
Org Profile

Post by Gepetto » Mon Oct 30, 2006 5:46 pm

Plus, a lie repeated a thousand times becomes true. Just ask Hitler and Stalin.

As for video quality skyrocketing "because people will have to pay for their own hosting", I didn't get that. If they have to pay for their bandwidth wouldn't the most obvious choice for the average editor be aiming for a smaller filezise at the expense of quality?
And God spoke unto the Chicken, and He said: "Thou shalt crosseth the road", and the Chicken did cross the road, and there was much rejoicing.
My DeviantART profile

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Mon Oct 30, 2006 5:57 pm

Gepetto wrote: As for video quality skyrocketing "because people will have to pay for their own hosting", I didn't get that. If they have to pay for their bandwidth wouldn't the most obvious choice for the average editor be aiming for a smaller filezise at the expense of quality?
I think Beo meant different quality, as in not video quality but work quality. That does make sense to some extent since that would scare away those who aren't willing to invest more into their AMVs (in this case, investing into hosting).

Unfortunately where Beo's argument doesn't make sense is that with free hosting and video sharing sites like youtube becoming more and more prevalent, it really will NOT be a problem for the casual AMVers. They'll just move on there.

Furthermore there was plenty of videos that sucked back in the pre-.org days. Just that many of us didn't know about them because they were scattered away from any .org-like central authority. But trust me, I've seen those, and they weren't pretty :P
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

Gepetto
Mr. Poopy Pants
Org Profile

Post by Gepetto » Mon Oct 30, 2006 5:59 pm

Ah, so now it all makes sense. :D
And God spoke unto the Chicken, and He said: "Thou shalt crosseth the road", and the Chicken did cross the road, and there was much rejoicing.
My DeviantART profile

sprueill
Org Profile

Post by sprueill » Mon Oct 30, 2006 7:28 pm

ok, I don't know much about law, well I do just not copyright law, so i don't have much to imput, at least nothing helpful, but I would just like to make my concern for this issue known and ask if there is anything we can do to save ourselves?
empireripmeeminaliveymnioj
МУАХАХА
[злой смех]
Ive spun for 7:32:46 what about you?

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Post by Scintilla » Mon Oct 30, 2006 7:31 pm

sprueill wrote:ok, I don't know much about law, well I do just not copyright law, so i don't have much to imput, at least nothing helpful, but I would just like to make my concern for this issue known and ask if there is anything we can do to save ourselves?
Start making your own music?

/me is still wondering just what the hell "b**** the f*** up" was supposed to mean.
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

sprueill
Org Profile

Post by sprueill » Mon Oct 30, 2006 7:38 pm

can do!...wait that was a joke huh?

all joking aside this is a serious matter and I don't like how everyone is either taking up a negitive point of veiw or are just plain giving up. there must be something we can do, if only it is to somehow reduce publicity so they don't find us as fast. there must be something...

or I could just threaten the right people, my formula that disprooves all basic arithmitic can destory the world you know.
МУАХАХА
[злой смех]

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Mon Oct 30, 2006 7:46 pm

Scintilla wrote: Start making your own music?
Or find artists who'd be understanding and benevolent towards this sort of thing. (There's probably more out there than people might initially think)
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

Beowulf
Org Profile

Post by Beowulf » Mon Oct 30, 2006 9:32 pm

I'm sorry but I think its hilarious that when I say "AMV quality", people think I'm talking about resolution and compression.

I'M TALKING ABOUT THE QUALITY OF ART. WHAT ELSE WOULD I POSSIBLY BE TALKING ABOUT. THIS WARRANTS ALL CAPS.

sprueill
Org Profile

Post by sprueill » Mon Oct 30, 2006 9:45 pm

power to ya man.
МУАХАХА
[злой смех]

Return to “Site Announcements”