Premiere 2 frame jumping

Discussion and help related to Adobe video software goes here. e.x. Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop, etc.
SrgtWilco
Org Profile

Premiere 2 frame jumping

Post by SrgtWilco » Sat Oct 28, 2006 12:14 am

I'm having some trouble - whenever I try to edit cinematic movies (standard TV shows seem to work fine) I run into a problem where a few millisecond frames will jump a little ways forward in the timeline, which makes the shot look like it's going through some sort of spasm when I play it back (for instance, in the scene in Akira where the gang drives out of the alleyway, it looks like their bikes go foreward, then somehow jump back a few feet, then go forward again, then jump back, etc.) If anyone can tell me how I can fix this, I would greatly appreciate it.

Purge
Org Profile

Post by Purge » Sat Oct 28, 2006 1:47 am

i think you using xvid or divx. Post more info on the file type

BauziOLD
Location: Austria (uhm the other country without kangaroos^^)
Org Profile

Post by BauziOLD » Sat Oct 28, 2006 1:53 am

This was the same case, when I was working with MPEG (I think it was 1 and not 2). Same problem.
Use losless Codecs such as http://lags.leetcode.net/codec.html (Lagarith) and you should not have such problems with footage.
ImageImageImage

SrgtWilco
Org Profile

Post by SrgtWilco » Sun Oct 29, 2006 11:37 am

-Bauzi- wrote:This was the same case, when I was working with MPEG (I think it was 1 and not 2). Same problem.
Use losless Codecs such as http://lags.leetcode.net/codec.html (Lagarith) and you should not have such problems with footage.
Okay; I've downloaded the installer for lagarith but when I try to open it I get the "to open this file, windows needs to know what program created it" message.

Kariudo
Twilight prince
Org Profile

Post by Kariudo » Sun Oct 29, 2006 1:35 pm

right click the files that you unziped until you find one that has an "install" option (the .inf file)

SrgtWilco
Org Profile

Post by SrgtWilco » Sun Oct 29, 2006 5:11 pm

Kariudo wrote:right click the files that you unziped until you find one that has an "install" option (the .inf file)
Okay, I'm looking in the folder but none of them are labeled .inf

Krisqo
Cooking Oil
Org Profile

Post by Krisqo » Sun Oct 29, 2006 8:12 pm

It does not say .inf after the file name. These should be the contents of the install. I pointed out the said file.

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Post by Scintilla » Sun Oct 29, 2006 8:24 pm

Krisqo wrote:It does not say .inf after the file name.
Well, it will if you have "Hide extensions of known file types" disabled in Windows's* Folder Options. I don't know why this is on by default; having it off makes things so much easier.

* I feel perfectly justified constructing the possessive this way in this case, because Windows here refers to a single program, not the plural common noun "windows".
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

Kariudo
Twilight prince
Org Profile

Post by Kariudo » Sun Oct 29, 2006 8:42 pm

kinda off topic...but wouldn't it be Windows' for the possesive?
(sometimes I think that English rules are stupid...and give up all hope for the language...this is one of those times)

and even if you didn't have the file extensions...if you followed my instructions, you would have gotten it (eventually...60 seconds top). Only 1 file has the install option when you right click it

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Post by Scintilla » Sun Oct 29, 2006 9:09 pm

Kariudo wrote:kinda off topic...but wouldn't it be Windows' for the possesive?
(sometimes I think that English rules are stupid...and give up all hope for the language...this is one of those times)
Well, I already explained my reasoning briefly, but this gives me a good opportunity to rant further, so:

This is one of my biggest gripes with English spelling in the past ten years or so: suddenly everyone thinks it's okay to form possessives for SINGULAR nouns that end in S with just an apostrophe (examples of such incorrect behaviour: James', Charles', Hans', Nils', etc.)

In reality, the only time you can just tack on an apostrophe and be done with it is when your noun is PLURAL and ends in S.
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

Return to “Adobe Software”