AMV Contest Lists

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
TaranT
Org Profile

AMV Contest Lists

Post by TaranT » Mon Oct 07, 2002 3:47 am

This is a "community service" project that I've been working on during the past month or so. I collected contest listings that were released by contest organizers as email, dot-org postings, Web pages, etc. - formatted the information and put it all on this Web page:

http://www.fgcentral.com/Contests/ContestMain.htm

The pages are in crude HTML so they should load quickly in any browser. (Not to mention that they're easier to maintain and won't chew up my bandwidth budget.)

These lists are more accurate than the participation lists from the dot-org database. Those lists always have false entries or missing entries. These new lists have some problems, too, but as an historical record, they are as good as we have.

To correct errors or add missing information, email me or post here on this thread. But don't ask me to add a video to a list unless the respective contest organizer is ready to back you up.

If you're a contest organizer and want me to add a list for your contest, feel free to email the info to me. I'd like to have all five data items for each AMV, but I can work with less. Exceptions: no yaoi-con, no yuri-con, no hentai-con of any kind. Sorry, but I have site content restrictions I have to live with.

TaranT
Org Profile

Post by TaranT » Mon Oct 07, 2002 3:54 am

Forgot this for Lethann or Quu:

I lifted the AWA8 Expo list from the O.P. Web site. It was too long for me to spend time reformatting. If you don't want me to use that page, let me know. I'll pull it or replace it with something else.

For everyone else:

The AWA 8 pages are current, but incomplete. I will update as more information becomes available.

The Wired Knight
Org Profile

Post by The Wired Knight » Mon Oct 07, 2002 4:40 pm

Wow, handy list you have. My congrats to you. Perhaps you should ask Phade to provide a link to this on the main page?
BANG

Intellectual Property, Real Estate & Probate Attorney.

anneke
Org Profile

AWA

Post by anneke » Mon Oct 07, 2002 8:14 pm

This reminds me they haven't said anything about the Dance Awards or the individual awards for AWA. :(

Anneke

AbsoluteDestiny
Org Profile

Post by AbsoluteDestiny » Mon Oct 07, 2002 8:18 pm

Anneke - because all the vat guests werent present to state their award matt is having to contact them all now to get all the awards done.

You'll be glad to know that at the closing ceremony Dave Peterson gave you an award for your kenshin video in Pro. (I think it was dave). They couldnt remember your name but I pointed it out to them. Well done.

Hakura
Org Profile

Post by Hakura » Mon Oct 07, 2002 8:51 pm

I couldn't stay for the end :( I had to catch my plane.....

anneke
Org Profile

Thanks

Post by anneke » Mon Oct 07, 2002 11:42 pm

I figured that's where the confusion about awards was.

Anneke

TaranT
Org Profile

Post by TaranT » Tue Oct 08, 2002 2:30 am

The Wired Knight wrote:Wow, handy list you have. My congrats to you. Perhaps you should ask Phade to provide a link to this on the main page?
A link would be fine by me, but a better long term fix would store this information in a real central archive like Waldo's or the a-m-v.org database (or on the Useful Files page). These places are likely to last longer than my Web site.

I might propose this in a few weeks, but I want to let this run awhile just to see how useful it is and how much work is involved.

BTW, if anyone wants to add links to dot-org pages, go ahead and copy the source files. Email the final copy to me; I'll look it over and host it.

Freako
Org Profile

ummmm

Post by Freako » Tue Oct 08, 2002 6:46 am

ummmm ..... did anyone see this?http://www.animemusicvideos.org/legacy/contests.php

:shock:

hehehe

The Wired Knight
Org Profile

Post by The Wired Knight » Tue Oct 08, 2002 9:18 am

That's only a list of contests and their deadlines, what Taran has is a list of past contests and who won what awards. This will make it easier for people who want to see the award winning videos. If he wants to take it one step further he could provide links to those vides on that page so users could look at the con, look at the awards and then go straight to the video.
BANG

Intellectual Property, Real Estate & Probate Attorney.

Return to “AMV Contests”