For my setup what order do I convert colorspace?

If you have questions about compression/encoding/converting look here.
Sub0
Org Profile

Post by Sub0 » Wed Oct 18, 2006 11:34 am

I don't even make clips no more, I just use the whole vob (converted to Huffy or some other editable format). Sure it makes it so you gotta store big ole 60 gig+ files (those AirTV 848x480 raws, 60 gigs PER EPISODE in Huffy! I may just have to try Lagarith...) WHILE editing. but it makes archiving TONS easier when all you need is the original dvd and a note of how you ripped it along with the project and any titles you have... I store HUNDREDS of projects per CD!... I dunno, I never filled one up really.

Movies of coarse, are smaller. And older series'. I used a riped NA DVD1 of Mahoromatic at 512x288 recently. the vobs (all but the menus/ previews) was -only- 13 gigs. like 11 gigs with cleaning -_-. Movies would be smaller.

Also makes clip hunting TONS tedious though. But you'll be that much more thourough since you basically watch EVERYTHING... a number of times.

Qyot27
Surreptitious fluffy bunny
Org Profile

Post by Qyot27 » Wed Oct 18, 2006 1:57 pm

For those with lower-end setups, another possiblity to expedite the clip-finding process is to convert to MJPEG from the scripts (only using the very basic deinterlace or IVTC filtering, or anything else that would affect the frames themselves), then use the LQ MJPEG files to find the clips you want, taking note of the frame numbers in a .txt file. Load the full-quality scripts back into VDubMod, track to the right frame numbers with the Go To... option, and export. Alternatively, one could also make scripts for each individual clip using Trim(), and then tell VDubMod to just take the entire folder of scripts and convert, thus saving all that time tracking through the footage yourself. It may not save you a whole lot of time, but it will save a lot of frustration at having to wait relatively long periods of time to get to the right frames while just searching for clips if you're using resource-heavy filtering (or even if you're not; IVTC and deinterlace operations take up enough as it is).

Return to “Conversion / Encoding Help”