MikomiCon Finalists

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Raynovac
Org Profile

MikomiCon Finalists

Post by Raynovac » Mon Sep 25, 2006 1:34 am

Congrats to the Finalist to the first MikomiCon AGMV contest which is everyone who entered. So if you entered, your going on the big screen.

Here is the list of finalist:
Action/Adventure
Anneke - Waiting for Tomorrow...All my Life
Lil' Yakka Production - Dreaming of Darkness
Sayde - A New Emotion: Final Fantasy VII-2
p2njJJ - FIRE
Nic Neidenbach - Before I'm Dead
Edward Kain - Semper Fi

Drama/Romance
Lil' Yakka Production - Eyes of Remembrance
Nic Neidenbach - Be my Friend
RemO - Final Fantasy 8, Eyes on Me
RemO - Final Fantasy X/X-2 Truly Madly Deeply
Sylvester Ng - Falling in Love

Upbeat
Dean Serafi - Friends
Anneke - Amadeus
jubjub2 - Host Club Swing
JudgeHolden - Panty Raid!
RemO - Final Fantasy X/X-2 One More Night

Comedy
Anneke - Too Loud
jubjub2 - Who Loves You Baby?
JudgeHolden - Super Star

Just a reminder, if you plan on attending, please email me at the address below before hand so I can sent aside area for you and your guest.

There will also be pizza for the attending creators and their guest after the event. This is optional of course.

If there are any questions or issues, please email AGMV@mikomicon.com

Thanks for your entries and Good Luck.

p2njJJ
Org Profile

Post by p2njJJ » Mon Sep 25, 2006 9:48 pm

kickass imma finalist =D
i hope i win i need an external hd >.<

anneke
Org Profile

Post by anneke » Wed Oct 04, 2006 10:28 am

So anyone else going to this convention other then me?

-Anneke
http://www.bakadeshiproductions.com
(Stop by for a different Video each month...)

sayde
Org Profile

Post by sayde » Wed Oct 04, 2006 1:29 pm

I know I'm not going to be able to make it. But since your going, would you mind sharing a brief summary of the event when you get a chance(such as crowd reactions, your own personal thoughts, etc)?
I'd at least be interested in reading it.

btw, sorry to ask this of you.
My next biggest project to come...
wait on it!

anneke
Org Profile

Post by anneke » Thu Oct 12, 2006 5:41 pm

Guess I'm the only one going...yes I'll give a report...however I'm usually not very kind in such. (Shrugs)

-Anneke

anneke
Org Profile

Post by anneke » Sat Oct 14, 2006 12:50 am

Notes from the convention...warning I may not be nice in my comments, but then these are extraplated from the scribbles written just as I watch them...(shrugs).

Action -----------
1. Dreaming of Darkness.
Slow opening, the ending is nice an fast, there was oddly no applause at the end of the video. I think the audience was asleep.

*2. Fire
oh yeah a Naruto video. (rolls eyes) The audience cheers because it's Naruto...Don't they know anything? What a surprise applause at the end, because it well...Naruto. (Stupid Naruto heads)

*3. Waiting for Tomorrows...
This was my video. People liked the music, I cringed because really it should have been in drama, just no enough action in it. Whatever, it won't win, but people like the anime because it's pretty and that's why I made it.

4. Before I'm Dead
I LOVE this video. If anything should win in the contest this video should. Sadly audiences are dumb and can't appreciate the beauty of this video. I think they fell asleep again, not the best applause. I don't care I still love this video.

5. Semper Fi
Oh look another Naruto video. Look at the fans, or more correctly listen to the fans yell in delight. Maybe the votes will be split....listening to 14 year olds behind me. They don't like the pairings in this video as much as the other. (sigh)...

*6. New Emotion
Nice action, and I'm not a FF video fan. To much of the singer but not bad for FF. And look a few seconds of footage I haven't seen before. Audience likes it for being FF.

---- Drama
7. Be My friend.
Yuna...blah. Have I mentioned I'm not a FF video fan...more correctly I don't like FF.

*8. Eyes of Remeberence
Missed part of this, as I had to run out quick. Typical Kaoru / Kenshin / Tomae vid. I know Kenshin footage way to well to judge this video fairly. Not bad, a little slow.

*9. Truly Madly Deeply.
Another Yuna FF video. This one gives us a treat of bad lip synching. Didn't we see thise footage before in video 6?

10. Falling in Love
This video should win drama, it's cute. It's holding the audience's attention. I need to watch this anime. Awwwwww

*11. Eyes on Me
Lets have another Yuna video. Can she be more angsty...I don't know... lets see 3 Yuna videos in drama...blah!

-Upbeat/fun -
12. Friends
FF comes on and someone comments 'die cloud!'. The crowd is wanting to flee the room from FF over dose. This may had done okay in action.

13. Amadeus
My video...Okay the 15 year olds are screaming because it has hints of Yaoi. The older ones in the crowd like the song. This all just makes me happy. Heck it's not FF so the audience is happy.

14. Host Club Swing
Have I mentioned screaming 15 year olds behind me? They judge based on if they see characters/animes they like...someone shot me! This video is pretty good. I want to see the anime.

15. Panty Raid
Uh...where is Happossi? If your going to name a video 'Panty raid' don't you freaking need Happossi in it? Even the younger crowd members were wondering this as well. The video was nothing but fan service. I wanted Happossi to atleast tie it together!

*16. One More Night
It's a FF video...it's focusing on Yuna. Damn I want/need a smoke break right now, and I don't smoke! Audience is holding on because next is comedy.

-Comedy-
17. Who loves you baby
Good laughs, and response. People liked that certain animes were used. 15 year olds squeeled off and on...like I had my own Naruto detector. Squelling...why that must be Naruto on the screen. Not a bad video.

18. Superstar
Audience just didn't react to this one. Was more fanservice then funny. And after 15, which was total fan service, this was blah.

19. Too Loud
My video....cringe...will it go off well? It was entered in another contest and people didn't seem to rememeber it at all. They are laughing...they are getting it. What...THEY LOVE IT?! Good audience reaction and applause...well atleast the contest ended on a high note for the audience.

-----
Overall....

They played what they had. The videos were okay, not bad for a small con. The sound was abit loud and sometimes piercing at times, but that was only two or three videos, most were okay. I also was close to the speakers. Small screen, but it worked. Contest ran smoothly, and was Hosted VERY well. Where's my free pizza? huh?

I enjoyed the contest. Reminded me why I hate audience judging some times. The 15 year olds were nice to talk to, good kids...but no clue about editing or what a good video is. (shrugs) Then they think Gravitation is heavy yaoi. (sigh)...

Masquerade tomorrow. Not sure when awards are, but I'll leave those to the admin of the contest to post. I just went because it was local. Oh the * before numbers are songs that the one girl proclaimed (each time) 'I love that song!'

-Anneke

sayde
Org Profile

Post by sayde » Sat Oct 14, 2006 1:44 am

christ. If I had known there were gonna be so many FF vids (more specifically with Yuna in them), I would'nt have bothered entering. Seriously. lmao.

anyways, thank you so very much for the report anneke. I'm very appreciative that you went out of your way to jot down your observations and opinions for each amv. Especially considering the fact that you really didn't have any obligation to do so in the first place. :D

Once again, thanks a lot!
My next biggest project to come...
wait on it!

jubjub2
Org Profile

Post by jubjub2 » Sat Oct 14, 2006 3:27 am

Anneke, thanks for posting all that! It's always great to know what crowd reaction is, but even more, what other editor's reactions are.

Much appreciated!

kain2983
Org Profile

Post by kain2983 » Tue Oct 17, 2006 11:14 am

Thanks annake for telling us how people reacted to the videos. And for your input on them as well.
My newest video: Semper Fi
The two before that: To Be Strong, This is how a man should be!!

DanieBarton03
Org Profile

Post by DanieBarton03 » Tue Oct 17, 2006 11:52 pm

Over all I enjoyed the contest.

Action:
1. Dreaming of Darkeness
Didn't care for it much. The audience didn't seem to like it much either. =\

2. Fire
Everybody liked it because they love the anime. IMO, it's smart to use an anime that's popular when the audience is voting because they'll like it more. True, they shouldn't be biased, but that's what happens.

3. Waiting for Tomorrow... All my Life
I liked it. Made me interested in the anime. The audience seemed to like it also. Beautiful art. xD

4. Before I'm Dead
Unfortunately, some late arrivals decided this was the moment to sit down right behind me and I ended up shushing them during the entire thing. It looked good frokm what I saw. I don't think the audience liked it much.

5. Semper Fi
I loved the clips and this story arc used. The audience wasn't as enthused as they were for the first Naruto. I liked this one better.

6. A New Emotion: Final Fantasy VII-2
Too much focus on Yuna, but I liked the editing. Sister and audience liked it because of the subject. She sees Cloud and is hooked. -_-

Drama:
7. Be My Friend
Meh. It was very repetitive.

8. Eyes of Remembrance
It was very pretty. Slow, though.

9. Final Fantasy X/X-2 Truly Madly Deeply
Ack! Synching was off.

10. Falling in Love
The whole time I was like "omgomgomgomgomgomgomg." This AMV was too beautiful for words. The song was so fitting and the scenes were beyond adorable. In tie for first place (in my book)... <3

11. Final Fantasy 8, Eyes on Me
Not very original, but I still ove it. Beautiful song and good scenes.

12. Friends
Honestly, I don't remember anything about this one and my notes just say "AC".

13. Amadeus
It was decent. Had a good pace and the synching was accurate. Over all I liked it. The kids in the back just liked that it was Gravitation.

14. Host Club Swing
Makes me want to see the anime. It was cute and had a good pace.

15. Panty Raid
Nothing but fan-service. Annoying...

16. Final Fantasy X/X-2 One More Night
Tuned it out. Sorry...

Comedy:
17. Who Loves You Baby?
It was cute. A medley of series.

18. Super Star
Mainly fanservice and unfortunately, I tend to be biased against that anime.

19. Too Loud
Freaking hilarious! It made the whole night. This one is tied with "Falling in Love" in first place on my list. Awesome job!
anneke wrote: Then they think Gravitation is heavy yaoi. (sigh)...
Lol! Anneke, don't flame the narutards for being narutards. The kid's reactions' were a higlight of the contest. :roll: *sigh* If they saw hard-core yaoi they'd wet themselves.
Last edited by DanieBarton03 on Thu Oct 19, 2006 3:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “AMV Contests”