Negima!?

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
angelx03
Location: In school, Rochester NY mainly RIT; in home, Tampa, FL
Org Profile

Post by angelx03 » Thu Oct 12, 2006 6:19 am

Bakadeshi wrote:
madbunny wrote:This one is a bit on the childish side. Not to say that it's without charm thus far (I'm about 10 eps in) but I'm not seeing all the heavy handed greatness that the reviews I read about it intimated.
10? You sure your on the right Negima?! I can only find upto eps 2 in raw, and only 1 subbed. As far as I know, only eps 2 has aired so far?
He's probably referring to Xebec's version.
ImageImage

Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness
Org Profile

Post by Kitsuner » Thu Oct 12, 2006 10:04 am

Alright, the animation is definitely better, though I'm not quite sure I like what they did to certain characters (especially Natsumi :<). I did think it was pretty cool how every girl got to say something in the first episode, and Zazie was pretty great.

To be honest, I was pretty surprised when I saw that it started with the Evangeline arc, so I'm still a bit iffy on that. But hey, as long as Kotaro isn't forgotten in this version too, I doubt I'll have too many complaints. :3
OtakuGray wrote:Sometimes anime can branch out to a younger audience and this is one of those times where you wish children would just go die.
Stirspeare wrote:<Stirspeare> Lopez: Vanquish my virginity and flood me with kit. ["Ladies..."]

angelx03
Org Profile

Post by angelx03 » Sun Oct 15, 2006 8:35 pm

Ahhh, here we go! This webpage should get the viewers here up to speed on who's who and such:

http://hashihime.atspace.com/negima/negindx.htm

And did anyone check out the OP sequence? That is by far the best use of desks I've ever seen! :lol:
ImageImage

Renato
Org Profile

Post by Renato » Mon Oct 16, 2006 12:38 pm

Despite the different approach, I have to say this 'alternate-retelling' of Negima is far much better than Xebec's version, in terms of art-work. And also, I quite like it this way. The anime is more focused on a certain story and plot (so far) than in Xebec's version where Fan service and Ecchi prevailed. (Okay, I may have over said that, but you know what I mean :P)

As for the OP, I love it! Very cool use of the 'thousands' of desks in the animation. Also, its great to see PPD related things in there again such as the blackboard!

Also in episode 1 (for those who didn't notice it):
18:33 - The Metronome you see is from Pani Poni Dash! and is often seen at the Intros. The cat you see at the bottom of the Metronome is also from Pani Poni Dash! called Kami-sama(?) (Please correct me if the name is wrong, since I havent seem PPD in ages!)

19:21 - I saw a reference to Azumanga Daioh! On the blackboard, you can see a 'Chiyo equation'! Her pigtails + a pigtail-less Chiyo = (answer not shown). Also you can see the 'あ' in the blackboard! Which is also a reference to Azumanga Daioh

angelx03
Org Profile

Post by angelx03 » Tue Oct 17, 2006 10:58 am

Episode 2......my god, they sexed up Nodoka! :shock:

In fact, I loved the color shadings on the characters in the night scenes since it brings out some kind of genuine sexiness and maturity at the same time. Anyways, basically.....
...we do get some nice background information on Eva, and why she's doing what she's doing.
And the random dropping of pans are BACK (anyone who has seen MoonPhase will know what I'm talking about)! 8-)
ImageImage

greenjinjo
Org Profile

Post by greenjinjo » Tue Oct 17, 2006 1:47 pm

angelx03 wrote:Episode 2......my god, they sexed up Nodoka! :shock:

In fact, I loved the color shadings on the characters in the night scenes since it brings out some kind of genuine sexiness and maturity at the same time.
greenjinjo wrote:In my opinion, the art is way better in this one that the original.
Definitely. Is episode 2 released yet? Or just the raw?
godix wrote:Free sausage. No conditions. No tricks. To the best of my ability I will give anyone a sausage on anything they ask for. I'm not kidding here, I'll do as many sausage as I can.
Check out my deviantART!

angelx03
Org Profile

Post by angelx03 » Tue Oct 17, 2006 1:56 pm

Yea, they're out.....
ImageImage

greenjinjo
Org Profile

Post by greenjinjo » Tue Oct 17, 2006 2:23 pm

I need to check that site more often :|
godix wrote:Free sausage. No conditions. No tricks. To the best of my ability I will give anyone a sausage on anything they ask for. I'm not kidding here, I'll do as many sausage as I can.
Check out my deviantART!

greenjinjo
Org Profile

Post by greenjinjo » Tue Oct 17, 2006 4:18 pm

Wow, I just got done watching episode 2. The art in this one is even more amazing than the first episode. The colors are magnificent, too.
Check out my deviantART!

Bakadeshi
Abuses Spellcheck
Org Profile

Post by Bakadeshi » Tue Oct 17, 2006 9:32 pm

Wow.... :shock: I'm REALY digging the art in this new series!

they realy made Nadoka look cute and sexy too in that one scene of Negima holding her after she got...
bit by the vampire girl
The magical battles are looking very nice and dinamically animated, so I have high hopes for this series thus far. Anyone else seeing potentially great AMV material in this? :wink:

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”