Negima!?

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
paizuri
Org Profile

Negima!?

Post by paizuri » Wed Oct 11, 2006 12:45 pm

This is the official Negima!? discussion thread.

Official site (japanese)

greenjinjo
Org Profile

Post by greenjinjo » Wed Oct 11, 2006 2:00 pm

May I be the first to say, I'm a Negima addict :roll:
godix wrote:Free sausage. No conditions. No tricks. To the best of my ability I will give anyone a sausage on anything they ask for. I'm not kidding here, I'll do as many sausage as I can.
Check out my deviantART!

angelx03
Location: In school, Rochester NY mainly RIT; in home, Tampa, FL
Org Profile

Post by angelx03 » Wed Oct 11, 2006 2:16 pm

And judging from the reactions of this remake (or rather alternate retelling), it's seriously split. You either love it or you hate, but since I love Akiyuki Shinbo's trippy art style, I found this looking FAR BETTER than Xebec's version. Granted SHAFT's version took extreme liberties, but it's just so cool! Especially since they went straight to Evangeline's story, and the overall design is viciously eye-candy (similar vein to other of Shinbo's works like Petite Cossette and MoonPhase).

Of course there are some comedic moments like those Baka Rangers. And anyone who has seen Pani Poni Dash will noticed the changing blackboards are BACK! :lol:
ImageImage

Bakadeshi
Abuses Spellcheck
Org Profile

Post by Bakadeshi » Wed Oct 11, 2006 7:14 pm

THose of you who know Poni poeni dash! will recognize the style in this one, as its directed by the same director (possibly same studio, not sure on that) but the introductions and everything was just like Poni poeni dash eps 1 ;p

I'm a Negima manga fan, so was a bit disapointed with Xebecs adaptation of it, but this one looks promising since it will be focusing more on the magical battles than just plain fanservice and Haremness. In fact its been noted that this will be more kidfrendly than the first one in regards to that.

I'm giving this one a chance.

greenjinjo
Org Profile

Post by greenjinjo » Wed Oct 11, 2006 9:29 pm

I'm going to go ahead and be the noob.

As much as I've been following (parts of, apparently) this series, I was only aware of the manga and the Xebec release.

Seeing as I can't read (much) Japanese, can someone fill me in as to what this new other (?) version holds in store, and when we can expect to see it?
godix wrote:Free sausage. No conditions. No tricks. To the best of my ability I will give anyone a sausage on anything they ask for. I'm not kidding here, I'll do as many sausage as I can.
Check out my deviantART!

Bakadeshi
Abuses Spellcheck
Org Profile

Post by Bakadeshi » Wed Oct 11, 2006 9:50 pm

greenjinjo wrote:I'm going to go ahead and be the noob.

As much as I've been following (parts of, apparently) this series, I was only aware of the manga and the Xebec release.

Seeing as I can't read (much) Japanese, can someone fill me in as to what this new other (?) version holds in store, and when we can expect to see it?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Negima%21%3F

greenjinjo
Org Profile

Post by greenjinjo » Thu Oct 12, 2006 12:49 am

Ooookay, well that makes me feel stupid :wink:

I did not know anything about the Negima with a ?, but I loved the battles from the manga/other anime, so this one should be awesome.
Check out my deviantART!

madbunny
Org Profile

Post by madbunny » Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:07 am

This one is a bit on the childish side. Not to say that it's without charm thus far (I'm about 10 eps in) but I'm not seeing all the heavy handed greatness that the reviews I read about it intimated.
Build a man a fire, and he will be warm for a night. Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

greenjinjo
Org Profile

Post by greenjinjo » Thu Oct 12, 2006 1:49 am

Ok so I saw the first episode. In my opinion, the art is way better in this one that the original. I can see where mad might be getting the 'more childish' part from, but if it looks this good, it doesn't matter. Plus, I can see the spellcasting part of the show is probably going to rock as well, though I guess I need to see a few more episodes first before I judge that.

I love how Mana was back there in her seat cleaning her gun the whole time :P
Check out my deviantART!

Bakadeshi
Abuses Spellcheck
Org Profile

Post by Bakadeshi » Thu Oct 12, 2006 5:19 am

madbunny wrote:This one is a bit on the childish side. Not to say that it's without charm thus far (I'm about 10 eps in) but I'm not seeing all the heavy handed greatness that the reviews I read about it intimated.
10? You sure your on the right Negima?! I can only find upto eps 2 in raw, and only 1 subbed. As far as I know, only eps 2 has aired so far?

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”