Finally A Kingdom Hearts Extractor

A forum for assistance with capturing or ripping footage from various media sources.
jasper-isis
P. Y. T.
Org Profile

Post by jasper-isis » Mon Oct 02, 2006 12:13 pm

Now this is certainly interesting. Is there are chance that we would be able to extract the files without any subtitles? :D

Also, I was under the impression that the cutscenes couldn't be extracted was because they were dependent on gameplay. Like for example, the keyblade that shows up in a certain cutscene is the one that you had equipped in moments leading up to that cutscene. If we render these files ourselves, will the characters be shown with only their default weapons (Kingdom key, Mage staff, Knight shield)?

I'm asking because I might be interested in remastering my KH video if this ever comes to be. But my video showcases a lot of different keyblades and weapons, so I'll only be able to remaster if it is possible to control which scenes get which keyblades.

deanaugust1
Org Profile

Post by deanaugust1 » Fri Oct 06, 2006 1:40 am

Is there are chance that we would be able to extract the files without any subtitles?
Im afraid not

sorry

and to that other question im not really sure, but i'll see what i can do.

ech33
Org Profile

Post by ech33 » Tue Oct 10, 2006 9:27 pm

how exactly are u able to extract the audio/video clip, just curious.

deanaugust1
Org Profile

Post by deanaugust1 » Wed Oct 11, 2006 6:00 am

ech33 wrote:how exactly are u able to extract the audio/video clip, just curious.
Hi

Well there are actually a number of ways you can do this i'll list them:

- Hex Editing (Finds the most, I found the Ending and Secret ending with this)
- Run the game using PCSX2 (Great for getting the start and ending points of the Intro)
- A process of searching using the following method (Audio):

1. Get Gigaherz FMV Extractor Version 4 (not 5) and select method 2 to find false streams)

2. Use cube Media player 2 and scan through the False streams
(WARNING takes hours but finds heaps of audio)

- To find the rest of the Audio just follow the next steps:

1. Make an ISO Image file using DVD Decrypter

2. Scan through it de-selecting every file exept the RIFF and 3DS File (using NOVA extractor)

3. Scan those files with Cube Media Player 2 and then youll have the rest of the Audio files.

Done

The audio as stated in my first post are in a ADPCM format, when trying to play them in Cube media it will sound fast and a bit high pitched.
theres a way to fix them using these programs:

1. Cube Media Player 2
2. Xilisoft Audio Maker

I'll right a guide on this later on.

sayde
Org Profile

Post by sayde » Wed Oct 11, 2006 12:47 pm

^^that post alone was pretty informative. I can't wait to see all the info your guide will offer. Thanks a lot for this. Hopefully you'll at least be able to share the basics of the hex editting process with us.
My next biggest project to come...
wait on it!

ech33
Org Profile

Post by ech33 » Thu Oct 12, 2006 2:27 am

well thanx for the info. i`m not very good at all wz hex editing-so it`s a pass for me. but pcsx2, meantime had problem wz configuring the setting, and cube media player2-no free copy. hehehe

so been using gigahertz tool 0.5(which also has false stream).

u de-selecting all files except "riff and 3ds"?. well, normally i de-select everything + group files except the mpeg.

will try the xilisoft audio tools that u recommended. thanx for the info and how u`ll post the nice guide. thanx.

ech33
Org Profile

Post by ech33 » Thu Oct 12, 2006 3:50 am

i`ve heard that`s the audio is in atrac3 format. is it correct?

deanaugust1
Org Profile

Post by deanaugust1 » Thu Oct 12, 2006 9:59 pm

ech33 wrote:i`ve heard that`s the audio is in atrac3 format. is it correct?
That is correct, that format is also used in Kingdom Hearts 2

ech33
Org Profile

Post by ech33 » Fri Oct 13, 2006 2:53 am

ok.

i`ve been doing some testing wz a tools that i got, and it manages to extract PNG/BMP files from FF7:DOC which i unable to do so using NOVA EXTRACTOR. hopefully i`ll be able to get something from KH using this tool.

i`ve yet to fully experiment it, though.

avdcptr
Org Profile

Post by avdcptr » Sat Oct 14, 2006 3:30 pm

hey dean cld you share some of the hex offsets of things you found? i'ma try the other methods too. but just want to see for myself hex wise.

Return to “Capturing / Ripping Help”