vegas 5 transitioning question

The old Video Software Help forum, left visible as an archive.
salemshady
Org Profile

vegas 5 transitioning question

Post by salemshady » Mon Oct 09, 2006 1:44 am

ive recently switched from cyberlink powerdirector to vegas 5 and the only thing so far that i havent been able to figured out yet is how do you actually adjust the duration of the transition? when i drag a transition between two clips.. a new window pops up that helps u adjust transition properties.. but i dont see anyway i can change the duration like i can in powerdirector. i see a timeline at the bottom but i cant understand how to use it! can anyone shed some light on this? i went through the whole vegas guide for dummies sticky but no mention of it there..
thanks

CrackTheSky
has trust issues
Org Profile

Post by CrackTheSky » Mon Oct 09, 2006 1:46 am

Click and drag the edge of the transition on the timeline to where you want it to start/end. There's no way to feed it an actual amount of seconds (that I know of); you have to actually drag it on the timeline to expand/contract it.

I hope that makes sense :/

salemshady
Org Profile

Post by salemshady » Mon Oct 09, 2006 2:05 am

CrackTheSky wrote:Click and drag the edge of the transition on the timeline to where you want it to start/end. There's no way to feed it an actual amount of seconds (that I know of); you have to actually drag it on the timeline to expand/contract it.

I hope that makes sense :/
well yeah that makes perfect sense but i cant do it on my timeline. i am still so used to cyberlink timeline.. where you can see the transition on the timeline.. but here on the vegas timeline.. i cant see the transition. that is why i cant stretch it like u said.. but i think yea i get the concept.. except i cant do it myself.. i am missing something..

Willen
Now in Hi-Def!
Org Profile

Post by Willen » Mon Oct 09, 2006 3:48 am

Select your transition and drag it onto the beginning or end of the clip. If you look closely, you'll see a tiny sliver added to the end of your clip with a little box in the vertical center and the top corner is now missing the blue triangle (or it may change to a lighter blue). To adjust the duration, move your mouse over the top left corner for transtions at the beginning of a clip, or the top right for the ending of the clip. The pointer should change into what looks like a quarter of a circle with a two-ended horizontal arrow through it. Hold down your left mouse button and drag either left of right depending on whether you want a longer or shorter transition and if it is at the beginning or end of the clip.
Having trouble playing back videos? I recommend: Image

salemshady
Org Profile

Post by salemshady » Mon Oct 09, 2006 8:16 pm

Willen wrote:Select your transition and drag it onto the beginning or end of the clip. If you look closely, you'll see a tiny sliver added to the end of your clip with a little box in the vertical center and the top corner is now missing the blue triangle (or it may change to a lighter blue). To adjust the duration, move your mouse over the top left corner for transtions at the beginning of a clip, or the top right for the ending of the clip. The pointer should change into what looks like a quarter of a circle with a two-ended horizontal arrow through it. Hold down your left mouse button and drag either left of right depending on whether you want a longer or shorter transition and if it is at the beginning or end of the clip.
thanks a bunch.. works like a charm!

Return to “Video Software Help Archive”