Ah!/Oh My Goddess Videos

This forum is for people to list AMVs made by others that they believe to be the best in their field.
Tsunami Jones
is the best medicine.
Org Profile

Ah!/Oh My Goddess Videos

Post by Tsunami Jones » Thu Oct 05, 2006 10:33 am

This thread is for recommending the very best amvs that primarily use any of the Ah!/Oh My Goddess series as a source.

Please follow the rules for posting in the recommended videos forum. Any posts breaking these rules will be removed.

One post per person, please.

Knowname
Org Profile

Post by Knowname » Thu Oct 05, 2006 11:26 am

Moonie
Give me some candy!
Org Profile

Post by Moonie » Thu Oct 05, 2006 11:35 am

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

Minion
Org Profile

Post by Minion » Thu Oct 05, 2006 11:38 am

KioAtWork: I'm so bored. I don't have class again for another half hour.
Minion: masturbate into someones desk and giggle about it for the remaining 28 minutes

dj_ultima_the_great
Org Profile

Post by dj_ultima_the_great » Thu Oct 05, 2006 12:56 pm

Thanks, TJ. ^_^

The essential high-powered AMG video. Probably as close to action as this anime ever gets, with a super-fast and energetic song to back it up with some drive. Not a huge use of effects, but the editing speaks for itself.

A very fun video that strays far away from the usual Keiichi/Belldandy romances in favor of an Urd profile. Definitely a unique piece for those of you wanting something not so predictable in a Goddess video.

A bit of a predictable song, but this is another one of those rare action-oriented AMG videos. Has extremely good timing as well as interesting editing and use of effects. Definitely not a romance video, but wonderful nonetheless.

A fast, techno video that profiles Morgan from the movie. It's a fluid instrumental piece, with a remix of a tune that many folks will recognize. The song is very befitting of Morgan's personality. Generally great editing all around makes this one a keeper.

- Jen
Last edited by dj_ultima_the_great on Fri Nov 16, 2007 1:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Willen
Now in Hi-Def!
Org Profile

Post by Willen » Thu Oct 05, 2006 10:36 pm

Yay! Here goes:

The current standard bearer for romantic AMG AMVs, IMO. Best Romance AWA Expo 2006 to boot!

It's a dokidoki AMV! Need I say more?

It's got subtitles! Ok, let me clarify, the version on the ORG's Local is the version with the song's lyrics subtitled. Admittedly, compared to Sierra Lorna's newer videos and by today's current standards it doesn't keep up, but I still like it.
Last edited by Willen on Fri Jun 19, 2009 10:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Having trouble playing back videos? I recommend: Image

StrangeAsAngels
Org Profile

Post by StrangeAsAngels » Wed Oct 18, 2006 8:40 pm

My favorite is "Oh! My Destiny".

Vigilluminatus
Org Profile

Post by Vigilluminatus » Thu Oct 19, 2006 5:41 am

These ones are definitely worth watching:

Member: mckeed
Song: "God is a girl" by Groove Coverage
Anime: Ah! My Goddess OVA
Belldandy is a god
Many different special effects and perfect timing. Scenes of other charas too, but mainly K1/Bell.

Member: p0d
Song: "Million Tears" by Groove Coverage
Anime: Ah! My Goddess Movie
Addict - Kara version
A Karaoke version of the song, with Bell as main singer. Nearly flawless lip-sync and incredible timing here too.

Force-Attuned_Krogoth
Org Profile

Re: Ah!/Oh My Goddess Videos

Post by Force-Attuned_Krogoth » Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:53 am

All this time and nobody has mentioned my favorite AMG AMV. This one has been with me for a very long time, and actually introduced me to the movie. Yet despite being old, and low-res, it's still engrossing and moving and captures the movie perfectly.
Video: Still
Category: Drama
Anime: Ah! My Goddess: The Movie
Song: When You Love a Woman
Artist: Journey
Creator: atchang

XStylus
Org Profile

Re: Ah!/Oh My Goddess Videos

Post by XStylus » Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:42 pm

There's a vid I had seen as an AX2009 contest judge that didn't make it into the finals, yet I was quite impressed with it. It pulls all the right strings and hits all the right emotional cues. The creator's comments said he(or she) originally made it as a joke, which is surprising because I think with the right tweaks it can be one of the most powerful AMG vids out there.

Return to “Recommended AMVs”