Vegas 6 and 7... What's the big difference? 0.o

The old Video Software Help forum, left visible as an archive.
Moonie
Give me some candy!
Org Profile

Post by Moonie » Thu Oct 05, 2006 4:49 am

>_<

Maybe its food thats the meaning of life?
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

Radical_Yue
Org Profile

Post by Radical_Yue » Thu Oct 05, 2006 4:50 am

Brown Overalls

Moonie
Give me some candy!
Org Profile

Post by Moonie » Thu Oct 05, 2006 4:53 am

Radical_Yue wrote:Brown Overalls
Thats the meaning of life?!!

*goes to buy some brown overalls*
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

Radical_Yue
Org Profile

Post by Radical_Yue » Thu Oct 05, 2006 4:53 am

moonie211 wrote:
Radical_Yue wrote:Brown Overalls
Thats the meaning of life?!!

*goes to buy some brown overalls*

*shakes head woefully*

Poor poor Moonie...

Moonie
Give me some candy!
Org Profile

Post by Moonie » Thu Oct 05, 2006 4:56 am

Thats not it?!!
I went a bought 12 pairs of overalls! >_<

The meaning of life must be anime?!
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

Radical_Yue
Org Profile

Post by Radical_Yue » Thu Oct 05, 2006 4:57 am

moonie211 wrote:Thats not it?!!
I went a bought 12 pairs of overalls! >_<

The meaning of life must be anime?!
*sigh*

Do yourself a favor and look up the flash animation

"Forehead Shavecut"

All will become clear then

Willen
Now in Hi-Def!
Org Profile

Post by Willen » Thu Oct 05, 2006 5:00 am

Press Release and Product Description

Most of the features it seems deal with High-Def video handling and integration with pro-level equipment. There are some improvements or new features that may be useful to AMV editors:
Envelope brush "paint" tool New!
The new envelope brush tool in Vegas 7 software makes it possible to "paint" an envelope curve over time by holding down the shift key. This is a quick way to outline the general shape of an envelope without placing and modifying many distinct points. Once you rough in your envelope, the auto thinning feature approximates the drawn curve with as few points as possible. These points can then be further adjusted.
Multi-threaded audio engine New!
Vegas 7 software takes advantage of new multicore and hyper-threading computer systems to maximize available hardware resources. By leveraging the full capabilities of the hardware and reducing direct CPU load, you will notice:

* Greater number of tracks and audio/video effects for real-time preview
* Improved performance at lower latencies
* Faster audio render times
Export to PSP New!
Use Vegas 7 software to author and export content to a Sony PSP® device directly from the timeline. Delivered projects to PSP® for personal enjoyment or as a means to distribute content for client verification.
AVC/AAC Support New!
Vegas 7 projects can be rendered to an iPod®-compatible file that can be transferred using iTunes. The project can be authored using traditional Vegas editing techniques and methods followed by explicitly rendering the file to an iPod compatible H.264 MPEG-4 file.
Flexible window docking New!
Customizing window layouts across multiple monitors. The timeline can now be at the top or the bottom of the application. Docking window tabs can be at the top of bottom of the dock. Save and recall custom window layouts, and assign custom layouts as keyboard shortcuts.
Enhanced video preview options New!
View the Vegas timeline on both an internal monitor and an external device (or secondary display) simultaneously, with expanded resolution options. Auto-fit enhances previewing experience at all preview window sizes.
Improved snapping New!
Vegas 7 offers more object "snapping" options. The new snapping option allows snapping to events on any track. In addition, color-coded snap indicators denote a snap object type; marker, region, event, cursor, or grid. Complex projects involving multiple tracks with each containing several events prove difficult and tedious to precisely align events placement. By providing more snap objects across all tracks, precise event placement is simplified.
View media marker names in events New!
Media used in the timeline may contain markers. Vegas 7 software can enable the display of these media markers directly on the timeline event. By displaying the individual media markers on the explicit media event an editor can quickly focus on key points of interest with out cluttering the entire workspace.
But overall, I'd probably only list the Envelope Brush "Paint" tool and the improvements to the previewing as major stuff. The export to AVC/AAC is only useful if you want to provide a PSP/iPod version directly, without using other programs to do so (unless it also allows you to use higher profiles and resolutions than the ones those devices use, which then it may be useful for MP4 distro).
Having trouble playing back videos? I recommend: Image

Radical_Yue
Org Profile

Post by Radical_Yue » Thu Oct 05, 2006 5:03 am

Willen wrote:Press Release and Product Description

Most of the features it seems deal with High-Def video handling and integration with pro-level equipment. There are some improvements or new features that may be useful to AMV editors:
Envelope brush "paint" tool New!
The new envelope brush tool in Vegas 7 software makes it possible to "paint" an envelope curve over time by holding down the shift key. This is a quick way to outline the general shape of an envelope without placing and modifying many distinct points. Once you rough in your envelope, the auto thinning feature approximates the drawn curve with as few points as possible. These points can then be further adjusted.
Multi-threaded audio engine New!
Vegas 7 software takes advantage of new multicore and hyper-threading computer systems to maximize available hardware resources. By leveraging the full capabilities of the hardware and reducing direct CPU load, you will notice:

* Greater number of tracks and audio/video effects for real-time preview
* Improved performance at lower latencies
* Faster audio render times
Export to PSP New!
Use Vegas 7 software to author and export content to a Sony PSP® device directly from the timeline. Delivered projects to PSP® for personal enjoyment or as a means to distribute content for client verification.
AVC/AAC Support New!
Vegas 7 projects can be rendered to an iPod®-compatible file that can be transferred using iTunes. The project can be authored using traditional Vegas editing techniques and methods followed by explicitly rendering the file to an iPod compatible H.264 MPEG-4 file.
Flexible window docking New!
Customizing window layouts across multiple monitors. The timeline can now be at the top or the bottom of the application. Docking window tabs can be at the top of bottom of the dock. Save and recall custom window layouts, and assign custom layouts as keyboard shortcuts.
Enhanced video preview options New!
View the Vegas timeline on both an internal monitor and an external device (or secondary display) simultaneously, with expanded resolution options. Auto-fit enhances previewing experience at all preview window sizes.
Improved snapping New!
Vegas 7 offers more object "snapping" options. The new snapping option allows snapping to events on any track. In addition, color-coded snap indicators denote a snap object type; marker, region, event, cursor, or grid. Complex projects involving multiple tracks with each containing several events prove difficult and tedious to precisely align events placement. By providing more snap objects across all tracks, precise event placement is simplified.
View media marker names in events New!
Media used in the timeline may contain markers. Vegas 7 software can enable the display of these media markers directly on the timeline event. By displaying the individual media markers on the explicit media event an editor can quickly focus on key points of interest with out cluttering the entire workspace.
But overall, I'd probably only list the Envelope Brush "Paint" tool and the improvements to the previewing as major stuff. The export to AVC/AAC is only useful if you want to provide a PSP/iPod version directly, without using other programs to do so (unless it also allows you to use higher profiles and resolutions than the ones those devices use, which then it may be useful for MP4 distro).

Ahhh how cool :D ...

I don't see myself using any of those features xD

But thanks for clearing that up =3

Moonie
Give me some candy!
Org Profile

Post by Moonie » Thu Oct 05, 2006 5:03 am

What did i just watch???!!!! >_<

Hey thats alot of different features, but it doesn't list the most important one...

Ones newer than the other ^^
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

Radical_Yue
Org Profile

Post by Radical_Yue » Thu Oct 05, 2006 5:04 am

moonie211 wrote:What did i just watch???!!!! >_<

You watched the meaning of life

Return to “Video Software Help Archive”