Naruto

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.

Postby HyperTails » Mon Aug 21, 2006 12:33 am

Um, they didn't really cut anything from Inuyasha or Fullmetal Alchemist (apart from minor bits of blood and some language, which was all returned to normal on the DVDs).
HyperTails

Postby Tenshi K. Tama » Sun Sep 10, 2006 2:00 pm

there are alot of scenes where Naruto and Kiba look lazy eyed.....especially Naruto.
Tenshi K. Tama

need a lil help

Postby zekekun » Sat Sep 16, 2006 12:54 pm

hey boys and girls, im just about to make my first amv, im gonna do a tribute to rock lee,(i know its been done before) but i love the ones ive seen, and i wanna have a go at it, the thing is ive seen all naruto up todate and read all the mangas, so theres alot of naruto in my brain, im tyring to remember rock lee fights, i know the classic rock lee vs garra and the one with the bone guy, but theres outhers i just cant remember some from the filler, so if you could do me a huge huge favour, and tell us episodes that have rock lee kicking ass or getting his ass kicked it be great including the 2 i mentiond, im gonan spend the next few days finding them, so any help whould be great, also if theres like a rock lee fansite that has the info i need or anything like that, that whould be mucho aprchiated thanks alot and hope to hear from you soon :D
zekekun

Re: need a lil help

Postby Knightmrinarmr » Sat Sep 16, 2006 3:30 pm

zekekun wrote:hey boys and girls, im just about to make my first amv, im gonna do a tribute to rock lee,(i know its been done before) but i love the ones ive seen, and i wanna have a go at it, the thing is ive seen all naruto up todate and read all the mangas, so theres alot of naruto in my brain, im tyring to remember rock lee fights, i know the classic rock lee vs garra and the one with the bone guy, but theres outhers i just cant remember some from the filler, so if you could do me a huge huge favour, and tell us episodes that have rock lee kicking ass or getting his ass kicked it be great including the 2 i mentiond, im gonan spend the next few days finding them, so any help whould be great, also if theres like a rock lee fansite that has the info i need or anything like that, that whould be mucho aprchiated thanks alot and hope to hear from you soon :D

Rock Lee got crippled by Gaara, and the only other time he fights is Kimimaro. Oh he does do a little fight scene with the Sound Ninjas in the Forest of Death. He also spars with Sasuke before that.
Knightmrinarmr

Postby zekekun » Sun Sep 17, 2006 10:02 am

he also opens his own dojo and fights. and him and gai fight each outher(altho ther actulyl fighting wooden post men)
zekekun

Postby 76 » Sun Sep 24, 2006 11:33 pm

Smartone51555 wrote:I was disapointed by the hyuuga fight.

it was as good as I wanted it to be but it was ok
Everything came from nothing, therefore everything is nothing.

There's nothing to worry about.
Ninja mother-figure

Postby 76 » Sun Sep 24, 2006 11:36 pm

*wasn't^^^

Ninja mother-figure

Postby sharpshooter188 » Thu Sep 28, 2006 10:31 pm

i hope near the end of the series he ends up killing sasuke.

i hope sasuke finally kills itachi and then naruto kills sasuke. then he unloads the full nine tails on oro and takes him out.. then ends up dying. thus ending the series in a dramatic yet "proper" way.

note: i wish this series used swords more.. not "kunais" its just irritating how many of them block these huge weapons with these crappy little knives.
damn it i dont got time for this crap!
sharpshooter188

Postby older_gohan » Thu Sep 28, 2006 10:41 pm

The main reason is because of the basis on which naruto is written. In real life ninja were actualy disgraced samurai. They gave up the way of teh samurai and used their knowledge and became assassins. Though ninja were primarily trained in similar ways the samurai were their different styles of combat made them weak to the traditional fighting style of the. That's why ninja rarely used swords. Fighting sword on sword was not teh smart thing for them to do.

So in order to adapt becaome stronger in other ways they focused on illusionary techniques, speed, and stealth. Also because of the need for speed and steath, more bulky armor and weapons were not neccisary so they used smaller weapons to be as effect as normal weapons.

So albeit they may do extraordinary thigns with small weapons, the truth is it's not far from the truth.
older_gohan

Postby sharpshooter188 » Thu Sep 28, 2006 11:08 pm

yeah i know =(

but regardless the ninjas did use swords as well though they werent the length of typical samurais they mainly focused on short swords if they were forced into direct combat.
damn it i dont got time for this crap!
sharpshooter188

Postby older_gohan » Thu Sep 28, 2006 11:30 pm

but even then they avoided it as much as humanly possible. To fight directly sword to sword they knew they were weak. Either way i'm glad to keep some semblance of the nature of ninja in the show.
older_gohan

Postby 76 » Sat Sep 30, 2006 2:19 am

yeah, thanks to naruto, I've been studying ninja's like crazy, they actualy originaly wore armour like samurai, but later they became more into wearing ordinary clothing acording to their surroundings(misspelled)
they didn't use swords, they used things called "tanto" which consisted of kunai shuriken and other things, including the needles haku is seen using.
most of the time these items were drenched in poison and throw or stabbed into the target(OMFG, I can't remember how to spell.....damn, victem)

the ninja were always very gory too, when a head was to be rolled, no ninja dare ask questions. or they died, if they refused a mission, it was disgrace to their clan an they were put to death

I also looked up some other stuff

chuunin= mission commander, he hands out the missions
jounin= clan leader, he dishes out all commands to all the ninja in the clan, including chuunin

to leave the clan, is by death, to refuse a request of the clan, is death

well you get the idea :?

Ninja mother-figure

Postby narutoball » Sun Oct 08, 2006 3:39 am

it will be sad when naruto ends, although i can't think of a good enough ending.

ZOMG FILLERS ARE OVER!!!!!!!!!!!!! w0oT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
narutoball

Postby 76 » Sun Oct 08, 2006 11:20 pm

thats the second time I've heard that, what channel do you guys watch anime on?
:?

Ninja mother-figure

Postby narutoball » Mon Oct 09, 2006 9:58 am

download from datteboya =/
narutoball

PreviousNext

Return to Anime Series Discussion