I think I'm gonna take this one on a point-by-point.
1. Not a huge fan of yuri, but I don't mind it. Besides, I make a note to download all the MEPs I see announced.
2. Editing of all of the segments was at least solid. Some (like the one using Loveless) stood out to me as being excellent, but they were all good tracks.
3. Video quality was pretty good, although I was hoping for a little better considering the filesize to video length ratio.
4. The song mix lacked a LOT of phrasing. Most popular music works on 8 or 16 measure phrasing. However, I found a lot of segments cutting off in the middle of verses or choruses (meaning, only 5 or 13 or whatever measures in.) It made the mix flow poorly.
5. Didn't really understand the random "yuri collections" text that appeared in the first quarter of the video a few times. Was that a part of the people's tracks? Was it added in by the coordinator as a transition? Whatever the case, it didn't work out so hot.
6. Was really
impressed by the credits, even though they were hard to read. That had to have taken a good deal of effort, and I give it a major
for being creatively done.
On two personal notes... firstly, it was interesting to realize that I knew most of the songs used. Secondly, I was amazed that no one used Cardcaptor Sakura. There's so much gay lovin' in that anime that I was almost positive it'd be in the project. Oh well. If there's a volume 2 of this MEP, maybe someone will pick it up.
All in all, very nicely done among the editors. There needs to be a little more quality control and better phrased tracks next time, but the editing was all there. Great work, folks. ^_^