Manifest 2006 Results

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Infinity Squared
Mr. Poopy Pants
Org Profile

Manifest 2006 Results

Post by Infinity Squared » Tue Sep 26, 2006 2:01 am

And the winner is:

His video, Echoes of Dawn, swept up all the awards; Drama, Action, Comedy, Manifest Choice, heck even both the Fan Favourite AND Fan Favourite Runner Up prize. It was just that good. Yeah, that's right folks. That's what you get for not rocking up to Manifest to pick up your prizes. It gets defaulted to whoever gets to the stage first.

Seriously though... here are the videos that won awards and whose owners have to beat up Lock right now to get them off his hands, and you better do it soon and hope he is still drunk or something from the after-party.

Best Action/Upbeat - Endless Sky by Warheart

Best Drama/Romance - Good Enough by AtomX

Best Comedy/Fun - Hellø Fairy by dokidoki

Manifest Choice - Echoes of Dawn by LockstocK (*gasps* he actually did win this for real)

Fan Favourite Runner Up - Dare to be Anime by HorrorPhD

Fan Favourite - Hellø Fairy by dokidoki

Ok, so I'm going to send over those swanky medals and prizes just as soon as I get confirmation of your postal addresses (PM or email me if you're reading this otherwise I'll eventually get around to contacting you anyway but just let me recover a little more :P).

And now just because they also deserve recognition I want to list down the following:

2nd Place Action/Upbeat - Galazy Bounce by Nostromo_vx

2nd Place Drama/Romance - World of Catastrophe by Vlad G Pohnert

2nd Place Comedy/Fun - Host Club Swing by jubjub2

Runner Up Manifest Choice - Open Your Eyes by bluetrain

Now... on to the Iron Chef AMV competition. This year we had even more people duke it out and try to steal away the title from bluetrain. In the end, the winner was:

Adagio - The Iron Collection by bluetrain

Yeah, he pulled through convincingly in the end. Warpwind's video came pretty close and hopefully she puts up her video sometime soon. Anyway just so everyone knows, the secret ingredient ended up being episode 1 of Ouran High School Host Club and man were they pissed with me for giving them that :lol:

Right, the convention has come and gone and man was this the best yet we've had in terms of AMVs. Everything except for the AMV Panel was shown in the main events theatre, the biggest theatre we had in Manifest (oh and I'd just like to mention we accidentally ended up with subwoofer system that was bigger than we ordered so the room was probably about to explode when we went nutts playing with the sound).

The AMV Fan Favourite screening on Saturday and the Exhibition on Sunday attracted a lot of people and there was a lot of cheering from the crowd as many awesome videos played throughout the weekend. Thanks a massive lot to the Reflections of Style 3 people for an awesome job and especially to AtomX for using up his time to get it to us in the nick of time. Also thanks to the Yuri Collections people as well because we showed those yaoi people what was better :twisted:

Best Manifest so far this year because AMVs kicked arse and I hope you guys submit more next year and even perhaps come down and join all the fun. AWA was nothing compared to this :twisted:

jade_eyed_angel
Mad Scientist
Org Profile

Post by jade_eyed_angel » Tue Sep 26, 2006 2:05 am

ahahhaa congrats everyone!!!!
/me glomps u all
and yuri collections will be uploaded as soon as.... i get upload approval for that huge pretty file... =] whee.... (hint? lol)

Brad
Org Profile

Post by Brad » Tue Sep 26, 2006 2:08 am

Hot diggity damn :-O
Ask Brad an After Effects Question! - Forum - Site

dokidoki
c0d3 m0nk3y
Org Profile

Re: Manifest 2006 Results

Post by dokidoki » Tue Sep 26, 2006 2:37 am

Hot diggity ditto :-D
Infinity Squared wrote:His video, Echoes of Dawn, swept up all the awards; Drama, Action, Comedy, Manifest Choice, heck even both the Fan Favourite AND Fan Favourite Runner Up prize. It was just that good.
heheh I read that on the Manifest forum. :)
I'd like to see a dractionedy...
Image Image Image
"Comedy is a dying breed." -- kisanzi // "Comedy. Serious business." -- dokidoki

Lockstock
Squirrel Boy
Org Profile

Post by Lockstock » Tue Sep 26, 2006 4:04 am

jubjub2
Org Profile

Post by jubjub2 » Tue Sep 26, 2006 7:52 am

Woo hoo! :)

Congrats to all the winners!

Willen
Now in Hi-Def!
Org Profile

Post by Willen » Tue Sep 26, 2006 8:56 am

Congrats to all the people who had their award medals groped by LockstocK. :P
Having trouble playing back videos? I recommend: Image

Lockstock
Squirrel Boy
Org Profile

Post by Lockstock » Tue Sep 26, 2006 9:13 am

Willen wrote:Congrats to all the people who had their award medals groped by LockstocK. :P
THEY ARE TAINTED!

Infinity Squared
Mr. Poopy Pants
Org Profile

Post by Infinity Squared » Tue Sep 26, 2006 9:36 am

:shock:

They're now burlier than ever!

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Tue Sep 26, 2006 10:18 am

congrats XD