Dum di dum... my mad programming skillz return! AR generator

RadicalEd0
Org Profile

Dum di dum... my mad programming skillz return! AR generator

Post by RadicalEd0 » Sun Oct 06, 2002 10:46 pm

I have created a...
dum dum dum...
Aspect Ratio generator!
no, its really pretty cool. Check it out, you put the height and width of a video (e.g. 320,240) an aspect ratio (4,3) or an aspect ratio.. uh.. decimal (1.333 , 1) and it spits out the AR (in decimal form) and resizes the window to that aspect ratio (not the number of pixels, just the AR) so you can get a neat little visual representation of wutever aspect ratio you want. 8)

http://www.angelfire.com/anime3/airanime/ar.html

tomorrow I plan on implementing a Square 1:1 pixel option and a NTSC non-square 11:10 pixel option so that you can see the output on a TV (for instance, 352:240 with the NTSC option ticked will show you a 4:3 picture)
other things that could be done - resize to exact pixels mode, display aspect ratio to closest whole number (like 5:3 for an AR of 1.66666:1) and a mode to compare to 4:3 or 16:9. Theres really a lot of neat things that could be done
now, AD, you're going to say that this tool is useless and poorly done, but thats ok because its neat anyhow. At least I like it :P
NMEAMV: PENIS
NMEAMV: IN
NMEAMV: YO
NMEAMV: MIXED
NMEAMV: DRINK

klinky
Org Profile

Post by klinky » Sun Oct 06, 2002 11:24 pm

Nice non-working page :}

~klinky

RadicalEd0
Org Profile

Post by RadicalEd0 » Mon Oct 07, 2002 2:35 pm

whoa, not bitching

there, i fixed it :P
same link
NMEAMV: PENIS
NMEAMV: IN
NMEAMV: YO
NMEAMV: MIXED
NMEAMV: DRINK

Sub0
Org Profile

Re: Dum di dum... my mad programming skillz return! AR gener

Post by Sub0 » Mon Oct 07, 2002 2:58 pm

RadicalEd0 wrote:I have created a...
dum dum dum...
Aspect Ratio generator!
no, its really pretty cool. Check it out, you put the height and width of a video (e.g. 320,240) an aspect ratio (4,3) or an aspect ratio.. uh.. decimal (1.333 , 1) and it spits out the AR (in decimal form) and resizes the window to that aspect ratio (not the number of pixels, just the AR) so you can get a neat little visual representation of wutever aspect ratio you want. 8)

http://www.angelfire.com/anime3/airanime/ar.html

tomorrow I plan on implementing a Square 1:1 pixel option and a NTSC non-square 11:10 pixel option so that you can see the output on a TV (for instance, 352:240 with the NTSC option ticked will show you a 4:3 picture)
other things that could be done - resize to exact pixels mode, display aspect ratio to closest whole number (like 5:3 for an AR of 1.66666:1) and a mode to compare to 4:3 or 16:9. Theres really a lot of neat things that could be done
now, AD, you're going to say that this tool is useless and poorly done, but thats ok because its neat anyhow. At least I like it :P
hey thanks, I don't quite understand what you just said but maybe it'll do a little dance for me ;-p

Return to “Video & Audio Help”