primiere problem

The old Video Software Help forum, left visible as an archive.
tulipanooo
Org Profile

primiere problem

Post by tulipanooo » Fri Sep 22, 2006 7:48 pm

i have a problem with the primiere program. every time i import a file, a messege appear "file uses unsupported compression formate". i searched here for an answer, it told me to download the xvid program... but what to do next? could anyone tell me, please.. i am a new student in this field, and i want to learn how to make amvs with this program.. thank you.
i cannot be more lonely,
more drear i cannot be
my worn heart throbs so wildly
'twill break for thee

Melanchthon
Org Profile

Re: primiere problem

Post by Melanchthon » Fri Sep 22, 2006 8:12 pm

tulipanooo wrote:i have a problem with the primiere program. every time i import a file, a messege appear "file uses unsupported compression formate". i searched here for an answer, it told me to download the xvid program... but what to do next? could anyone tell me, please.. i am a new student in this field, and i want to learn how to make amvs with this program.. thank you.
The XviD codec can be found here, but you shouldn't be editing with XviD (Huffyuv, Lagarith, or mjpegs are better). Some of the frames in XviD video need the information contained in a previous frame, and if you edit that frame away then the footage can become difficult to work with.

Also, XviD source usually means fansubs, and that isn't good for quality. Buy the DVDs, support the industry that provides you with source. The majority of the time, they provide the best footage quality.

tulipanooo
Org Profile

Post by tulipanooo » Fri Sep 22, 2006 8:42 pm

For the quality, its somehow a dvd quality.. Without the Xvid, how can i open these files?
i cannot be more lonely,
more drear i cannot be
'twill break for thee

Minion
Org Profile

Post by Minion » Fri Sep 22, 2006 9:01 pm

if you have a fansub, i assure you it's not dvd quality. may look like it to the untrained eye though.
solution: buy dvds.
KioAtWork: I'm so bored. I don't have class again for another half hour.
Minion: masturbate into someones desk and giggle about it for the remaining 28 minutes

tulipanooo
Org Profile

Post by tulipanooo » Fri Sep 22, 2006 9:36 pm

I am a beginner :oops: , its better to practice with what's in my hands, then apply it to the original.. Those files are an avi files, is there any other way to open them other than that? :(
i cannot be more lonely,
more drear i cannot be
'twill break for thee

Purge
Org Profile

Post by Purge » Fri Sep 22, 2006 9:48 pm

it was already mentioned - convert the clips you want the lagarith or huffyuv lossless codecs.

tulipanooo
Org Profile

Post by tulipanooo » Sun Sep 24, 2006 6:03 am

i am a very beginner, could you tell me step by step?
i cannot be more lonely,
more drear i cannot be
'twill break for thee

tulipanooo
Org Profile

Post by tulipanooo » Sun Sep 24, 2006 6:27 am

i renamed the .AVI file to use the .MPG extension and it worked out. the primiere opened the file. thank you.
i cannot be more lonely,
more drear i cannot be
'twill break for thee

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Post by Scintilla » Sun Sep 24, 2006 7:25 am

tulipanooo wrote:i renamed the .AVI file to use the .MPG extension and it worked out. the primiere opened the file. thank you.
*facepalm*

In general, renaming file extensions just to get certain programs to accept them is only asking for trouble later on.
tulipanooo wrote:i am a very beginner, could you tell me step by step?
Here's a step-by-step guide:
http://www.animemusicvideos.org/guides/ ... meth1.html

Ignore the AVISynth part; just load your AVI files into VDubMod instead. The process of actually compressing the clips with HuffYUV/Lagarith will still be the same.
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

Cyco_Beaver
Org Profile

Post by Cyco_Beaver » Thu Oct 05, 2006 10:35 pm

Minion wrote:if you have a fansub, i assure you it's not dvd quality. may look like it to the untrained eye though.
solution: buy dvds.
Really? I got the dvd's but their copy protected! I am not into decieveing copy protection, so i use fansubs. yeah, Premeir is not always happy with Xvid and stuff. I find it works perfect with Divx however

Return to “Video Software Help Archive”