(Check here first) PS2/PS1 Ripping (All links here)

The old Video Software Help forum, left visible as an archive.
kenpachi_2
Org Profile

Post by kenpachi_2 » Sat Apr 29, 2006 6:12 am

hey i 'm new too can any one tell me how can i download video
:P

Kariudo
Twilight prince
Org Profile

Post by Kariudo » Sat Apr 29, 2006 2:15 pm

please read the forum rules
short answer...no, asking for downloadable footage here can get you banned

dacXlee
Org Profile

Post by dacXlee » Sat Jul 15, 2006 5:04 pm

isn't there just a simple ripping software to easily just run the video game with and extract what you need? ^_^"
100 0100 110 0001 111 0010 110 1001 110 0001

littleneutrino
Org Profile

is there any hope to rip movies from dirge of cerberus

Post by littleneutrino » Mon Aug 21, 2006 12:42 pm

i have used some of the methods found on this site and non of them have been able to rip the videos off of dirge of cerberus then again i do not even know where on the disk they are.

DriftRoot
Org Profile

Re: is there any hope to rip movies from dirge of cerberus

Post by DriftRoot » Wed Aug 30, 2006 10:52 am

littleneutrino wrote:i have used some of the methods found on this site and non of them have been able to rip the videos off of dirge of cerberus then again i do not even know where on the disk they are.
I assume you've seen the Dirge of Cerbus ripping thread?

Looks like you grab the ISO and then break it down from there. Haven't gotten around to trying it myself, but makes sense.

ffixcollector
Org Profile

Post by ffixcollector » Thu Aug 31, 2006 2:20 pm

When trying to rip Chrono Cross with psmplay, I get the error "Bad Magic Number". What the heck does that mean?!

Mew Lime
Org Profile

Post by Mew Lime » Mon Sep 04, 2006 4:38 pm

Yokou Seishirou wrote:What if I want all the cut scenes from kingdom hearts, and not just the begining and ending ones.

Do I just use a video card that is able to attach to a tv and then record from their or do i get some emulator?
Same question. Mainly for Star Ocean: Till the End of Time cutscene (non-FMV) footage. I'm thinking of ripping the footage w/a capture card. What software is recommended for recording it w/capture card?

ffixcollector
Org Profile

Post by ffixcollector » Sat Sep 16, 2006 12:21 pm

I figured it out and have spent a week ripping all the final fantasy cinema scenes. So I have posted a .torrent file on new nova containing the cinema scenes of;

Final Fantasy VII
Final Fantasy VIII
Final Fantasy IX
Vagrant Story
Chrono Cross
Xenogears

For those of you who don't want to rip all of the scenes. This can be downloaded from the link on my website, which can be found on my profile. These files are divx encoded.

Mephistophilles
Org Profile

General PS2 Ripping

Post by Mephistophilles » Fri Sep 22, 2006 3:07 pm

Ok there Has been a lot on ripping specific Games mostly in the FF series.
What I'm wondering is thus........
Is there no program out in the world which can just rip FMV's off PS2 DVD Disks or am I looking at getting a different App fer just about every Game I wish to extract footage from?

devilmaykickass
Org Profile

Re: General PS2 Ripping

Post by devilmaykickass » Fri Sep 22, 2006 4:28 pm

Mephistophilles wrote:Ok there Has been a lot on ripping specific Games mostly in the FF series.
What I'm wondering is thus........
Is there no program out in the world which can just rip FMV's off PS2 DVD Disks or am I looking at getting a different App fer just about every Game I wish to extract footage from?
Different games require different methods. Some have their own specific rippers (i.e. FFX), some can be done with the ISO split and extract with Nova (this method works with most games), and then some are a complete mystery (i.e. Kingdom Hearts).

But no, there is no universal PS2 FMV ripper, and because of the technical nature of games on the PS2, there more than likely never will be.

Return to “Video Software Help Archive”