Dirge of Cerberus Videos

A forum for assistance with capturing or ripping footage from various media sources.
devilmaykickass
Org Profile

Post by devilmaykickass » Wed Sep 20, 2006 10:46 pm

Just follow the guide Castory Troy laid out in that other extremely long thread, and at the point where you split the file, make sure it's into 8 pieces rather than four.

I've done it twice now and it works without any issues. I'm not sure what other "details" are necessary.

sayde
Org Profile

Post by sayde » Thu Sep 21, 2006 11:48 am

devilmaykickass, tell us how many mb you set File splitter to split up the file at. Because there are a lot values one could use to split the iso into 8 parts. It maybe possible that the file size of each part ends up somehow affecting the offset and location of these fmv's. If this is indeed the case, it maybe neccessary that you tell us exactly how many mb you set the program to split up the file. Because I've tried this alread and have come up with nothing as well. I'm almost positive this is the problem. So if you see this, tell us the settings you used if you don't mind.
My next biggest project to come...
wait on it!

Knowname
Org Profile

Post by Knowname » Thu Sep 21, 2006 5:40 pm

:cry: it doesn't work and I blame it on you, RK... you're mean :cry:

... and all cuz I'm too damned lazy to beat the blurry assed boss fight *pout*

yeah, nova isn't finding anything for me neither. I tried splitting them up into 500 megs, 512 megs and 450 megs, but still. I'll tell you if I EVER get it.

Knowname
Org Profile

Post by Knowname » Thu Sep 21, 2006 5:42 pm

er... devil lol. sorry. Wrong fob.

Knowname
Org Profile

Post by Knowname » Thu Sep 21, 2006 6:14 pm

I think I may know what it is. Gamefly rented me out a pirated copy. DVD decrypter says 1, 2, 3 etc... region plus I read somewhere that if DVD decrypter doesn't recognize the disc it won't work for you. Well it idn't working :x ... least I figured out why ;p. Now I got too beat that STOOPID Weis jerk.

Yep! I put in a known legit game and it recognizes. But the DVDDecripter says region 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 (I think that's like... 5 too many o.0) but regardless the header isn't 'unknown'.

If it is a pirated copy lol. No WONDER Gamefly makes money off their service lol. Sneaky bastards.

Axwind
Org Profile

Post by Axwind » Thu Sep 21, 2006 6:44 pm

So what does that mean? What are we supposed to do?

devilmaykickass
Org Profile

Post by devilmaykickass » Thu Sep 21, 2006 9:00 pm

Ok, I'm going to type this once. I really shouldn't, because at this point if you're still asking "WHAT DO I DO?" you don't deserve help. If you don't want to read information that's already been provided like the rest of us who actually figured out how to do these things on our own did, too damn bad.

I am using the OFFICIAL NORTH AMERICAN RELEASE (that is, the NTSC version), not an illegal copy or an import or anything like that, which I assume is the first problem for most people. Here is a picture of my copy and what your's should look like if you're doing this:

A) Put the disc into your DVD-ROM drive.

B) Open DVD Decrypter, go to Mode, ISO, and select "Read".

C) When that's finished, open up the file splitter, go to "Number of Pieces" and select "8". These pieces should end up being 500 MB each, and I know some versions of the program only let you split by sized pieces, so just choose 500 MB.

D) When that's done (assuming you still have room on your HD), open up the Nova Software Extractor, click the Select button next to "Files to Scan", and select the 8 iso pieces. CHECK "MPG" ONLY UNDER TYPES. Now hit "Start". You should get TWELEVE RESULTS, listed as 00 through 11. Check them all and hit the "Extract" button (has a blue diskette on it).

E) ????????

F) Profit.

I am using Nova Software Extractor version 2.4, DVD Decrypter Version 3.5.2.0, and The File Splitter version 1.31 if you were wondering. If you need any of them use Google.

Good day.

Knowname
Org Profile

Post by Knowname » Fri Sep 22, 2006 6:46 pm

:lol: ya didn't do it SLLLLLOOOOWWWW enough Devil!
ok first of all showing the picture of the box does no good. when ppl get/ rent pirated games they don't receive BOXES! But than again showing the picture of the DISC also does little good as well! Most piraters print off the label as well. The only way to know is to see if there's blue dye on the bottom or not. I *think* that's the only method (note, I could be wrong).

But the pic you should have provided is this (from DVD Decrypter 3.5.2):

if the circled spot says unknown like that, it means it won't work with this method.

Also in 'B' you didn't specify wether you just press the disc -> folder icon or you go into the file menu and do it manually like Castor stated. I would guess that it wouldn't really matter though...

Axwind
Org Profile

Post by Axwind » Wed Sep 27, 2006 5:36 am

I did every step as you said, DMK, but got nothing. I have the same versions of the programs you have, except that I have a more recent version of DVD Decrypter. Dunno if that makes any difference or not, but the options in there were still the same.

Axwind
Org Profile

Post by Axwind » Wed Sep 27, 2006 5:59 am

Sorry for the double post, but I didn't think of this until after I'd made the previous one. I have the shareware version of Nova Extractor, does that make a difference? Does it have to be the full version or should the shareware version work, too?

Return to “Capturing / Ripping Help”