Dirge of Cerberus Videos

A forum for assistance with capturing or ripping footage from various media sources.
Kira_Douji
Org Profile

Dirge of Cerberus Videos

Post by Kira_Douji » Wed Aug 23, 2006 1:47 pm

I've been trying to find a method of gaining the Dirge of Cerberus cut scene footage... to no avail. Every method I've looked up on this site/forum flat out doesn't work. The most I can accomplish is an ISO file. If someone could provide some insight as to how one might be able to get the video into an editable format, I'd be very appreciative.

Thank you in advance,
Kira
ImageImage

devilmaykickass
Org Profile

Post by devilmaykickass » Thu Aug 24, 2006 6:22 pm

There's a ripper for it, but I can't get it to work...although it is a Japanese ripper so it may be for the NTSC/J version only.

sayde
Org Profile

Post by sayde » Fri Aug 25, 2006 10:36 pm

^^yeah, it is unfortunately. Though there is someone on the internet who was kind enough to share the ripped .pss files. So it is possible to obtain untouched copies of DoC's fmv's. The only problem is, you'll have to swallow your pride and download them. But if you own the game, then you should'nt feel *too* guilty about it. Because as of now, it seems like the only way to get what you want just short of making your own application to rip the NA version.
My next biggest project to come...
wait on it!

Kira_Douji
Org Profile

Post by Kira_Douji » Fri Aug 25, 2006 10:54 pm

sayde wrote:The only problem is, you'll have to swallow your pride and download them. But if you own the game, then you should'nt feel *too* guilty about it. Because as of now, it seems like the only way to get what you want just short of making your own application to rip the NA version.
Yeah, that's what I ended up doing - downloading them, I mean. *sigh* At least the quality's good. :/

- Kira
ImageImage

devilmaykickass
Org Profile

Post by devilmaykickass » Tue Aug 29, 2006 7:38 pm

:D

I split it into eight pieces instead of four, then scanned it and it found them all.

sayde
Org Profile

Post by sayde » Tue Aug 29, 2006 7:54 pm

^^OMG, are you freak'n serious!?
Did you at the very least end up cutting some of the fmv's in half in the process!? Anyways, that's really awesome. I had no idea that splitting up the iso into so many parts would help Nova Extractor find the mpeg2 streams any easier.
My next biggest project to come...
wait on it!

Kira_Douji
Org Profile

Post by Kira_Douji » Tue Aug 29, 2006 9:35 pm

WIN. Internet is in the mail.

- Kira
ImageImage

DriftRoot
Org Profile

Post by DriftRoot » Wed Aug 30, 2006 10:45 am

I dl those .pss files awhile back when they were first available, but couldn't get them to work for some reason (and yes, I was supposedly doing everything right). So you're saying you DID manage to extract the FMVs? *rubs her hands together* I've been plotting my AMV with DoC for months now, having thoroughly spoilered myself by watching the FMVs when the game came out in Japan. I've got the game, now, but hadn't delved into extraction as of yet. I'm glad I found this thread.

Axwind
Org Profile

Post by Axwind » Sat Sep 02, 2006 7:27 am

I tried splitting it into 8 pieces like you said, but it still doesn't find anything. Nada. Should I use a different program other than Nova? What settings should I select? Please help! ^_^

josian
Org Profile

Post by josian » Wed Sep 20, 2006 10:28 am

I split the file into 8 pieces but dint work with nova extractor.
Please devilmaykickass can you give us some details ?

Return to “Capturing / Ripping Help”