Naruto

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
HyperTails
Org Profile

Post by HyperTails » Mon Aug 21, 2006 12:33 am

Um, they didn't really cut anything from Inuyasha or Fullmetal Alchemist (apart from minor bits of blood and some language, which was all returned to normal on the DVDs).

Tenshi K. Tama
Org Profile

Post by Tenshi K. Tama » Sun Sep 10, 2006 2:00 pm

there are alot of scenes where Naruto and Kiba look lazy eyed.....especially Naruto.

zekekun
Org Profile

need a lil help

Post by zekekun » Sat Sep 16, 2006 12:54 pm

hey boys and girls, im just about to make my first amv, im gonna do a tribute to rock lee,(i know its been done before) but i love the ones ive seen, and i wanna have a go at it, the thing is ive seen all naruto up todate and read all the mangas, so theres alot of naruto in my brain, im tyring to remember rock lee fights, i know the classic rock lee vs garra and the one with the bone guy, but theres outhers i just cant remember some from the filler, so if you could do me a huge huge favour, and tell us episodes that have rock lee kicking ass or getting his ass kicked it be great including the 2 i mentiond, im gonan spend the next few days finding them, so any help whould be great, also if theres like a rock lee fansite that has the info i need or anything like that, that whould be mucho aprchiated thanks alot and hope to hear from you soon :D

Knightmrinarmr
Org Profile

Re: need a lil help

Post by Knightmrinarmr » Sat Sep 16, 2006 3:30 pm

zekekun wrote:hey boys and girls, im just about to make my first amv, im gonna do a tribute to rock lee,(i know its been done before) but i love the ones ive seen, and i wanna have a go at it, the thing is ive seen all naruto up todate and read all the mangas, so theres alot of naruto in my brain, im tyring to remember rock lee fights, i know the classic rock lee vs garra and the one with the bone guy, but theres outhers i just cant remember some from the filler, so if you could do me a huge huge favour, and tell us episodes that have rock lee kicking ass or getting his ass kicked it be great including the 2 i mentiond, im gonan spend the next few days finding them, so any help whould be great, also if theres like a rock lee fansite that has the info i need or anything like that, that whould be mucho aprchiated thanks alot and hope to hear from you soon :D

Rock Lee got crippled by Gaara, and the only other time he fights is Kimimaro. Oh he does do a little fight scene with the Sound Ninjas in the Forest of Death. He also spars with Sasuke before that.

zekekun
Org Profile

Post by zekekun » Sun Sep 17, 2006 10:02 am

he also opens his own dojo and fights. and him and gai fight each outher(altho ther actulyl fighting wooden post men)

Ninja mother-figure
Org Profile

Post by 76 » Sun Sep 24, 2006 11:33 pm

Smartone51555 wrote:I was disapointed by the hyuuga fight.
it was as good as I wanted it to be but it was ok
Everything came from nothing, therefore everything is nothing.

There's nothing to worry about.

Ninja mother-figure
Org Profile

Post by 76 » Sun Sep 24, 2006 11:36 pm

*wasn't^^^
Everything came from nothing, therefore everything is nothing.

There's nothing to worry about.

sharpshooter188
Org Profile

Post by sharpshooter188 » Thu Sep 28, 2006 10:31 pm

i hope near the end of the series he ends up killing sasuke.

i hope sasuke finally kills itachi and then naruto kills sasuke. then he unloads the full nine tails on oro and takes him out.. then ends up dying. thus ending the series in a dramatic yet "proper" way.

note: i wish this series used swords more.. not "kunais" its just irritating how many of them block these huge weapons with these crappy little knives.
damn it i dont got time for this crap!

older_gohan
Org Profile

Post by older_gohan » Thu Sep 28, 2006 10:41 pm

The main reason is because of the basis on which naruto is written. In real life ninja were actualy disgraced samurai. They gave up the way of teh samurai and used their knowledge and became assassins. Though ninja were primarily trained in similar ways the samurai were their different styles of combat made them weak to the traditional fighting style of the. That's why ninja rarely used swords. Fighting sword on sword was not teh smart thing for them to do.

So in order to adapt becaome stronger in other ways they focused on illusionary techniques, speed, and stealth. Also because of the need for speed and steath, more bulky armor and weapons were not neccisary so they used smaller weapons to be as effect as normal weapons.

So albeit they may do extraordinary thigns with small weapons, the truth is it's not far from the truth.

sharpshooter188
Org Profile

Post by sharpshooter188 » Thu Sep 28, 2006 11:08 pm

yeah i know =(

but regardless the ninjas did use swords as well though they werent the length of typical samurais they mainly focused on short swords if they were forced into direct combat.
damn it i dont got time for this crap!

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”