Mecha-Mania - Mechanical Monstrosities

Discussion & organization of Multi-Editor Projects
OropherZero
Org Profile

Mecha-Mania - Mechanical Monstrosities

Post by OropherZero » Fri Sep 15, 2006 7:56 pm

<b><i>PROJECT Mecha-Mania: A Mechanical Monstrosity</i></b>

<b>Introduction:</b>

Mechas in anime have been around for quite awhile now with an extensive history. This project is to be a compilation of showing off various mecha from different histories of anime.

<b>Specifications of the Project</b>
All editors are welcomed and there is no set quota as of yet although you must met the following criteria

First of all this MEP is primarily an action based eye candy project. You can include drama if you really feel it is necessary for your segment but it MUST relate to your chosen mecha.

1. You may use any mecha classified anime you wish but the footage you use must meet the following criteria: Clamp-X and I are strictly defining mecha as "mechs are piloted or remote-controlled limbed vehicles" for more info see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mecha This means no battleships, humanoids/human sized mecha (such as the armour in Bubblegum Crisis) or general warfare items including tanks and warships.

2. A MAXIMUM of 1 editor on any given mech, multiple source tracks are not permitted unless they relate (eg Gundam Seed and Gundam Seed Destiny) to be fair to other editors who may want to use your mecha idea. However you may use more than one mech from your chosen anime provided no one else wants to use the other mechs you are thinking of doing. If one person wishes to do the same anime then he or she should focus on an entirely new mech from the show.

3. 2 track maximum per editor (this may change depending on the progession of the project)

4. A track is to be roughly 30sec-1min in length.

5. Music MUST BE fast paced action type stuff, a good example of this is jpop, however jpop is NOT required.

6. Right now the deadline stands at 1st July 2007 so you have plenty of time. BETA due date is 20th November 2006 and

should be at minimum 10secs of editting

Technical Specifications

-BETAs may be encoded in Xvid, MPEG but I want the final copy as a loseless such as lagarith or Huffyuv.

-Please use the best quality sources you can, you may use fansubs but absolutely NO subtitles, crop them out or cover them in some way.

-Audio should be in the highest quality you can, not too fussy about this as long as the audio doesn't make my ears bleed.

-DO NOT fade your track in and out and leave video and audio filler for transitioning.

-Frame rate will be NTSC 29.97, the project will be formatted at a 4:3 aspect ratio so widescreen tracks should be 'letterboxed'.

-Resolution should complement the aspect ratio ie: 640 x 480 for standard 4:3. All tracks should be send as 640x480.

-The source audio files should be encoded into the video segment when submitted, remember about the filler audio and video...

I think that covers the most important details, tell me if I left something out which is important to the project.

Contact info:

Keep in touch with me via PM on this forum, reply to this thread or visit
http://www.members.optusnet.com.au/~shinomatrix/ if you need to contact me.

Clamp-X can be contacted through:
AIM: XSV00
or Clamp-X on IRC rizon =)

Have fun and I hope people will be interested in joining.

Apologies for keep using Gundam Seed as an example but it's the latest mecha I've watched and is fresh in my mind.

Format:

AMV Name: | Anime: | Mech(s) focussed on: |Music:

Introduction: Various Mechas

Example:

1. OropherZero | Gundam Seed/Destiny | Athrun's mechs (Aegis, Justice, Saviour and Infinity Justice) | HIGH AND MIGHTY COLOUR - ICHIRIN NO HANA (Huge hollow mix)

<b>Sign Up Info:</b>

Intro - Various, including GSD, GS and KnM
[Bold = Done]
Editor: Eva-Fan
Anime: Bakuretsu Tenshi (Burst Angel)
Mech: Joe's Bot
Song: Pistolero

Editor: wurpess
Anime: Full Metal Panic (season 1)
Mech: Gauron's AS
Song: "Intermission" by Panic at the Disco

Editor: OropherZero
Anime: Gundam Seed + Destiny
Mech: Kira Yamato's mechs (Strike, Freedom, Strike Freedom)
Song: Gackt - Metamorphoze

4. [DONE]
Editor: jubjub
Anime: BigO
Mecha: BigO
Music: DJ Jazzy Jeff & Fresh Prince - Boom! Shake the Room

5. [DONE]
Editor: bobstur
Anime: Magic Knights Rayearth OVA
Mecha: All of them
Music: NAOKI underground -INSERTiON (ddr 5th mix)

Editor: Purge
Anime: Zegapain
Mech: Zegapain Altair
Song: Sasha - Destination Unknown

Editor: Immorrel
Anime: Vandread
Mecha: Vandread Dita
Song: The Offspring - Bad Habit

8. [DONE]
Editor: Fizziks
Anime: RahXephon
Mecha: RahXephon
Music: "Heaven Sent" by John Digweed

9.[DONE]
Editor: Savvy-Style
Anime: Innocent Venus
Mechs: All Gladiators
Music: See Who I Am" by Within Temptation

10. [DONE]
savvy_style
Anime: Code Geass
Mechs: Lancelot (and Guren MK II)
Song: "10th Man Down" by Nightwish

Flamp-X
anime: Soukou no Strain
mech(s): ALL (duh! XD)
song: Theme of ENTHUSIA

OropherZero
Anime: Gurren Lagaan
Mech(s): The 2 final form WHAT THE HELL DO YOU THINK THEY ARE?!
Song: Machinae Supremacy - Overworld
Editor: Autraya
Anime: Gravion Zwei
Music: Pillar - Frontline

Editor: Niwa-kun
Anime: Gunbuster 2
Audio: Janne da Arc - Suicide Note
Last edited by OropherZero on Wed May 28, 2008 9:19 pm, edited 39 times in total.

Warpwind
Org Profile

Post by Warpwind » Fri Sep 15, 2006 10:02 pm

I'm thinking of using vision of escaflowne (focusing on Van and Escaflowne of course). I'll have a think about music possibilities tonight and get back to you with the specifics.

Warpwind | Vision of Escaflowne | Escaflowne | Music - unknown atm

(still considering using bigO so if someone asks nicely I may relinquish escaflowne)

EvaFan
Org Profile

Post by EvaFan » Fri Sep 15, 2006 11:57 pm

I'd like:

Anime: Bakuretsu Tenshi (Burst Angel)
Mech: Joe's Bot
Artist: Juno Reactor
Song: Pistolero

kthx
"The people cannot be [...] always, well informed. The part which is wrong will be discontented, in proportion to [...] the facts they misconceive. If they remain quiet under such misconceptions, it is lethargy, the forerunner of death to public liberty. What country can preserve its liberties, if it's rulers are not warned [...] that this people preserve the spirit of resistance? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants."-Thomas Jefferson

Osakaness
Org Profile

Post by Osakaness » Sat Sep 16, 2006 12:02 am

w00t! i can actually put good use to these dvds

Mr.Panda | Bakuto Sengen Daigander | Akira's Mechs | Masaaki Endo - Bakuto Sengen Daigander

wurpess
rabid fangirl
Org Profile

Post by wurpess » Sat Sep 16, 2006 12:13 am

I probably shouldn't be joining another MEP. lol. But this looked too cool!

wurpess|Full Metal Panic|Gauron's AS|"Intermission" by Panic at the Disco
ImageImage

Moonie
Give me some candy!
Org Profile

Post by Moonie » Sat Sep 16, 2006 5:06 am

This mep is gonna be great!
I gonna try to come up with something for this. It sucks that i can't use various animes though >_< because i don't really have much anime that are mainly about mechas. I just have anime tiltles that show some mecha scenes like in Project A-ko, Nurse witch komugi chan,Akane Maniax

I'll get back to you when i think of something^^;
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

OropherZero
Org Profile

Post by OropherZero » Sat Sep 16, 2006 5:39 am

Plus I'm not allowing parodic mechas into this project so Akane Maniac is a no-no <_<

But yeah take your time picking, have plenty of time :)

Moonie
Give me some candy!
Org Profile

Post by Moonie » Sat Sep 16, 2006 5:53 am

:cry:
I thought you said:
OropherZero wrote: And heck mechs from old to new would make this project more interesting instead of just popular ones so i definitely have NO restrictions at all to what mecha anime you would want, especially if you were to consider how some have evolved over the years.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

OropherZero
Org Profile

Post by OropherZero » Sat Sep 16, 2006 6:52 am

I said that it had to actually be classified as a 'mecha anime' :P Erm Akane Maniac is a love comedy isn't it? With random mechs for exaggeration purposes... but at the end of a day it isn't a mecha anime right? I've only seen the first OVA ep of it and I don't remember it having serious mecha to the point of being a mecha anime, plus I doubt there's enough footage of those love-stricken mind exaggerations to put something together ;) Sorry =)

jubjub2
Org Profile

Post by jubjub2 » Sat Sep 16, 2006 9:06 am

So.....

tempted.....

Return to “Multi-Editor Projects”