Graphic Sigs

Wonka
Org Profile

Graphic Sigs

Post by Wonka » Fri Jun 28, 2002 11:45 pm

I have seen some people express disdane for them, and some people express joy at the ability to finally show them (I, for the record, belong to the latter body of thought).

I was wondering, instead of doing away with them all together, you just put a size limit on them, be it actual pixel size or file size.

I think they are a wonderfull way to attract attention to your possibly otherwise unknown AMV studios, and allow people to show off their respective artworks.

I realize it for some reason offends people to have them up, and not everybody is interested in seeing people's banner/picture, but some people realy enjoy them, so I think just aboloshing them is a little extreme.

Of course, it is your board and you run it how you see fit. Just my 2 cents :D

Btw, great job on the new layout, regardless of your sig verdict ;)

jbone
Org Profile

Attract people to your AMV sites?

Post by jbone » Sat Jun 29, 2002 2:06 am

I tend to be of the opinion that the best way to attract people to your AMV sites is to make good AMVs. :-D

If you require an ad banner to get people to your site, then you must not have anything there worth seeing. ;-)

TobinHood
Mr. Poopy Pants
Org Profile

Post by TobinHood » Sat Jun 29, 2002 3:44 am

I don't have anything worth seeing then.

Go to my site!
http://sakkaku.icedomain.netImageImage
I've got to stop procrasturbating.

Phade
Site Admin
Org Profile

Post by Phade » Sat Jun 29, 2002 9:55 am

Hey,

I will leave it as is for now. I will see if people abuse sigs by putting big graphic banner ad links to thier sites and stuff. If too many people do it, I'll turn them off.

I want the forum to be a place where the ideas and words that people say are the focus, not the sig file. If the sigs are bigger than the posts then something is wrong.

My advice is to make the sig graphics, if any, short, say about half the height of a regular banner. Those little mini-banners that I have seen on other sites are a good size. Full-size banners and such are just too big.

Phade.

AbsoluteDestiny
Org Profile

Post by AbsoluteDestiny » Sat Jun 29, 2002 10:01 am

Phade,

do you mean a banner like this one?

That's 200x40 which I think is about right for a mini banner.

I certainly wouldnt object to people having those - even though I'm anti-sigbanners.

Phade
Site Admin
Org Profile

Post by Phade » Sat Jun 29, 2002 10:18 am

Hey AbsoluteDestiny,

Yeah, that's cool.

Phade.

Wonka
Org Profile

Re: Attract people to your AMV sites?

Post by Wonka » Sat Jun 29, 2002 1:00 pm

jbone wrote:I tend to be of the opinion that the best way to attract people to your AMV sites is to make good AMVs. :-D

If you require an ad banner to get people to your site, then you must not have anything there worth seeing. ;-)
Hey jbone, every post you have made to me has been rather rude. What gives? I have done nothing to intentionally upset you, nor have I replyed with anything rude back, yet you continue to do it, and just becuase you tack a smiley face on the end of a sentance does not mean it wont come off as rude. Just wondering what is up man. If Im overly sensitive just let me know.

AbsoluteDestiny
Org Profile

Post by AbsoluteDestiny » Sat Jun 29, 2002 1:06 pm

Wonka - note jbone's use of smilies. He's just being his usually cynical sarcastic old self.

Wonka
Org Profile

Post by Wonka » Sat Jun 29, 2002 1:43 pm

I saw the smileys, but reffer back to my previous post of "even though you have a smiley tacked on, does not mean its not rude", and beleve what he said was pretty damn rude, smiley or not.
Had it come from MJ, Adiamante, Carlos , Fluxy or sombody else I know and talk to, it would have been groovie, but I have no idea who jbone is, and so far, all my interactions with him have been him complaining about somthing Im doing. So, I just wanted to figure out if he is actualy being sarcastic and joking around, in wich case I retract all my previous statements about his behavior, or if he just dosnt like me.

Senta
Org Profile

Post by Senta » Sat Jun 29, 2002 2:12 pm

I think these sig pics are a waste of space, especially since most of them just link to a website for which a button (www) already exists.

Return to “Site Help & Feedback”