Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
angelx03
Location: In school, Rochester NY mainly RIT; in home, Tampa, FL
Org Profile

Post by angelx03 » Mon Jul 24, 2006 7:33 pm

Ahhh, episode 16 the Meakashi chapter which starts the long awaited Answer arc!!! :P
Hmmm, so Mion and Shion are very close to each other to a point where Mion allowed Shion to impersonate her in order to protect Shion. Man, Shion left one hell of a mess when dealing with the affairs with Satoshi and Satoko. :roll:

I wonder when there will be the time where the twins of Mion and Shion are revealed. And poor Satoko!!! :cry:
Just to note, this episode happened BEFORE Keiichi moved in.
ImageImage

angelx03
Org Profile

Post by angelx03 » Sun Jul 30, 2006 4:51 pm

Episode 17.....oh shit! 8O
Oh that was just gruesome! :x

The identity of Shion being Mion's twin sister has been exposed since she tried to protect Satoshi, and Mion's family weren't really happy. So they forced her to strap herself into this contraption that removes fingernails. Interestingly enough, Satoshi's aunt got killed, but it wasn't him. Also, he dissappeared without a trace.
You know what, I'm getting a feeling that in the Watanagashi arc,
...it was all of Shion's doing, and Mion is one in that cage.
Though that seems a bit obvious. :roll:
ImageImage

angelx03
Org Profile

Post by angelx03 » Mon Aug 07, 2006 8:46 pm

Episode 18 leave a rather big cliffhanger, and I bet next episode is when...
...Shion will finally snap and do the actions that happened in the Watanagashi arc.
Hmmm, is anyone going to throw in theories about this series? For a rather complex series, I guess I expected more of a discussion in here (probably it's due to laziness perhaps). :roll:
ImageImage

Flame-X
Org Profile

Post by Flame-X » Mon Aug 07, 2006 9:14 pm

ya, laziness is one reason, the other is im always one step ahead by watching raws and i rather not give away clues. ^^
i am still watching the series while reading parts of the manga version.

angelx03
Org Profile

Post by angelx03 » Mon Aug 14, 2006 5:29 pm

Wow, episode 19 is starting to make a whole lot of sense.
The bottom line is that Shion IS the perpertraitor of what happened in the Watananigashi chapter, and it includes with her impersonating Mion.
Next episode should be the last episode of the Meakeshi chapter.
ImageImage

angelx03
Org Profile

Post by angelx03 » Mon Aug 21, 2006 5:05 pm

Ok, I was wrong. Next week's episode should be the last episode of the Meakeshi chapter. :roll:

Though episode 20 was incredibly excellent. The event where...
....Rika stabbed herself to death finally comes into full circle. It seems like her and Shion were having a brawl.

Also something tells me Shion is REALLY overreacting on the the whole curse thing. If Rika said was true, then the whole Oyashiro's curse is not really "vengeful" as one expects. In short, Shion's crazy. :lol:
ImageImage

Skylink
Org Profile

Post by Skylink » Mon Aug 21, 2006 11:10 pm

I'm still not over the whole fingernail ordeal.. from a few episodes back. That was pizza horribly wasted. and a keyboard horribly destroyed..
ImageImage

angelx03
Org Profile

Post by angelx03 » Tue Aug 22, 2006 6:14 am

But you got to admit though.....
...the duel between Rika and Shion was awesome! Rika was pack'n a mace and a syringe while Shion has a taser. IT'S A BATTLE OF THE CENTURY!!!! :o
ImageImage

Skylink
Org Profile

Post by Skylink » Tue Aug 22, 2006 9:28 am

Yeah, but I felt so sad about it..
Having the whole battle turn around like that when Shion took the syringe away. HOw do you stab yourself 6 times in the throat like that?! Come to think of it.. everyone who got injected with the drug, became extremely aggressive and started attacking their throat, like in the first Question Arc, Tomitake was said to kill himself that way and Keiichi ended up the same way, but not until be beat the life out of Rena and Mion.. or would that have been Shion? O= They could've switched any time in the first arc without us knowing. It does seem that Rena and Shion have some sort of "alliance".
ImageImage

Skylink
Org Profile

Post by Skylink » Sat Aug 26, 2006 7:00 pm

Ok... so I seen episode 21. It was the raw though.. So since I have no idea what was actually said, I'm going to explain as much as I did understand. Since it's a really big spoiler I might as well break it up into what it did answer.
1) What happened to Satoko?
2) What happened to Mion?
3) What happened to Keiichi?
4) What happened to Shion?
5) What was with the freaky ending on episode 8?

So, what did they show? Quitea few things. You see what happened to Satoko. I'm merely assuming that the talk her and Shion had before she stabbed her to death was about Satoko's relationship with Satoshi. Shion comes to her senses realizing she just killed Satoshi's sister, literally wetting herself at the thought. Doesn't last long though, and she resumes the lunacy.

They also explained what Oishi said about finding Mion in the bottom of the pit. After Shion zapped Keiichi, she went back to Mion and swapped clothes with her. Shion then tazered Mion and sent her down the pit too, putting her in the right place.

I'm guessing she really did go crazy. They sent Shion and Keiichi to the hospital and that night Shion went crazy, yet again.. :roll: ..marched over to Keiichi's house and.. stabbed him with the butcher knife. Yeah, you all remembered that part.

After Shion stabbed Keiichi, she snuck back to her room but she got snagged on something, slipped, fell, said sorry to Satoshi as the editors were nice enough to give her a slow motion drop... but then there was a budget cut in special effects and she fell instantly. NOt even a fade to black. So it was really SHION that was on the ground at the hospital!
Episode 21 ends with Shion falling. However, there's one thing that wasn't "explained". You all remember Oishi leaving Keiichi's room at the end of episode 8 and Mion popping out from under the bed, right? Well.. guess what? It IS Mion! Shion's died so there's no way it would be her. And remember, Shion and Mion exchanged clothes so, of course, she'd still be in the robe. Oishi said they found Mion in the pit. My guess is, she wasn't really dead. That's why they took her to the hospital. So, there are two ways it could've worked. the first would be the Natural Way, meaning Oyashiro isn't real and that it's just people doing all the work. Mion was pissed because none of this would've happened if Keiichi would've just given her the doll. Or even better, never came at all. So, she snuck into his room, under his bed, and waited until the last moment.. then I guess whatever went down there went down. But I think it's kinda impossible for her to kill him without people coming in and getting her...
Of course, number 5 is all just my good assumption.. but with great evidence.
ImageImage

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”