The Prince of Tennis II

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
anime_flower
Org Profile

Post by anime_flower » Wed Aug 16, 2006 8:21 am

Yes, the way the tennis ball flys and lands is like strange but I kinda like it just so it makes it more fun and interesting. The matches I agree that it can get dragged out for a long while and sometimes if seems like, if you've seen it once then you've seen it all, kind of feeling. Then, I compare it to the real life Tennis matches and boy do they go for ages and ages so when it comes to that, I'm glad it's an Anime. I love the fillers (they're so funny) and love seeing them train especially when they have to run around the tennis courts and whoever loses will have to drink the special Inui drink mix. That was hilarious. :lol:

anime_flower
Org Profile

Post by anime_flower » Sun Nov 05, 2006 12:51 am

Has anyone seen the movie of Prince of Tennis? Man, the tennis moves were drawn really graphical. If the way the characters made the tennis balls fly and land don't make sense in the series then this DEFINITELY wouldn't make sense. So unreal...

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Re: The Prince of Tennis II

Post by mirkosp » Sun Jan 15, 2012 12:13 pm

Unlocked and bumped for sequel.

Jasta85
Org Profile

Re: The Prince of Tennis II

Post by Jasta85 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:54 pm

Anyone know if this actually follows the manga, I never read it. I really liked the original series, however the movie and OVA's seemed to just be a bunch of DBZ type action with very little to do with actual tennis. I'd like to think the second series goes back to "slightly" more realistic tennis (I actually tried watching some actual tennis matches after seeing the first POT series, it was so boring in comparison lol.)

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”