The Idiots Guide to Vegas

For help and discussion concerning Magix's (formerly Sony's) Movie Studio and Vegas Pro editing software.
Willen
Now in Hi-Def!
Org Profile

Post by Willen » Sun Jul 30, 2006 6:13 am

Kionon wrote:A white flash is REALLY easy. Just place a white bmp file on the time line and do a cross dissolve to next scene. This should work in most modern editing suites, and probably even WMM.
WMM has a built-in fade-to-white. You just need to adjust the timing to get the effect you desire. Although a white (and even a black) .BMP is probably good to have and use regardless.
Having trouble playing back videos? I recommend: Image

Cross/Zero Blues
Org Profile

Post by Cross/Zero Blues » Tue Aug 01, 2006 11:11 pm

I miss Vegas so much... I still have my Vegas 6 Box... I wish it ran on OS X Final Cut Pro is just... not Vegas lol.

Great guide here you are doing an excellent job.
I stayed up one night playing poker with Tarot cards. I got a full house and 4 people died.
"Bub's are you an unethical quack?" - Homestar Runner
"Aww, now my heads not taped to the TV." - Strong Bad

Gepetto
Mr. Poopy Pants
Org Profile

Post by Gepetto » Wed Aug 02, 2006 7:07 am

Excuse me, Cross/Zero Blues, you might want to read the Forum Rules.
Forum Rules wrote:Forum signatures shall have no greater total dimensions than 600 pixels wide and 80 pixels high or four lines of normal-sized text (font size 12). You may have multiple images in your signature, but no single image may exceed 600 pixels in length or 40 pixels in height or be greater than 100 kb in size. Any signature exceeding these total dimensions or any single image that goes beyond the aforementioned limits may be removed or altered without warning.
And God spoke unto the Chicken, and He said: "Thou shalt crosseth the road", and the Chicken did cross the road, and there was much rejoicing.
My DeviantART profile

Krisqo
Cooking Oil
Org Profile

Post by Krisqo » Thu Aug 03, 2006 10:59 pm

I just have one question that I cannot find a difinitive answer to. Can Vegas use AVS files? I think I read somewhere that it can't but I want to be sure before I buy it. I hate dealing with clips.

Willen
Now in Hi-Def!
Org Profile

Post by Willen » Thu Aug 03, 2006 11:57 pm

Krisqo wrote:I just have one question that I cannot find a difinitive answer to. Can Vegas use AVS files? I think I read somewhere that it can't but I want to be sure before I buy it. I hate dealing with clips.
As far as I know, no. You'll have to make fake AVIs with the AVS files and use those.

Jnzk
Artsy Bastid
Org Profile

Post by Jnzk » Fri Aug 04, 2006 2:42 am

Krisqo wrote:Can Vegas use AVS files? I think I read somewhere that it can't but I want to be sure before I buy it. I hate dealing with clips.
Not directly, but there is a workaround:

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/phpBB/v ... 251#760251

soulcalibur1234567890
Org Profile

Post by soulcalibur1234567890 » Fri Aug 04, 2006 8:35 am

I need some help with vegas and its probably pretty simple but I'm just learning how to use vegas.

When I drag my video into the track area and I play it I can't see my video in the preview box.

Someone please help.

Willen
Now in Hi-Def!
Org Profile

Post by Willen » Fri Aug 04, 2006 9:17 am

soulcalibur1234567890 wrote:I need some help with vegas and its probably pretty simple but I'm just learning how to use vegas.

When I drag my video into the track area and I play it I can't see my video in the preview box.

Someone please help.
I assume you are trying to import a XviD AVI video file. Read this post: http://www.animemusicvideos.org/phpBB/v ... hp?t=70277

or convert the video/make clips into Huffyuv or Lagarith AVI files with VirtualDubMod instead.

soulcalibur1234567890
Org Profile

Post by soulcalibur1234567890 » Fri Aug 04, 2006 10:48 am

What program do I need to convert my video into an huffyuv avi?

Gepetto
Mr. Poopy Pants
Org Profile

Post by Gepetto » Fri Aug 04, 2006 1:00 pm

VirtualDub or VirtualDubMod. Of course, you also need to have the huffyuv codec installed, but I recommend you use Lagarith instead.
And God spoke unto the Chicken, and He said: "Thou shalt crosseth the road", and the Chicken did cross the road, and there was much rejoicing.
My DeviantART profile

Return to “Movie Studio & Vegas Pro”