SOMEONE SEND IN MY VID TO AX!!!!! AND SAID IT WAS THEIR'S!!!

General discussion of Anime Music Videos
tetsuo93108
Org Profile

SOMEONE SEND IN MY VID TO AX!!!!! AND SAID IT WAS THEIR'S!!!

Post by tetsuo93108 » Sat Jul 13, 2002 7:30 pm

hey i made a FLCL chop suey vid ( is on the org ) and i was at AX but not the AX AMV contest. A friend told me that my video was played even though i did not submit. so if any of u saw that FLCL chop suey vid please AIM me at TetsuoA2 to tell me more. :evil: :evil: :evil: to see the vid to make sure go here http://209.51.151.36/AMV_s/amv_s.html

NeoGohan
Org Profile

Post by NeoGohan » Sat Jul 13, 2002 8:07 pm

*Eyes burst and brain implodes*

Site design.. 0_o

And yeah, its quite possible that it was sent in by a fan of yours. Someone emailed me once asking if he could enter one of Aaron's videos to AX, and I told him no and explained how the AMV contests work.

ErMaC
The Man who puts the "E" in READFAG
Org Profile

Post by ErMaC » Sun Jul 14, 2002 6:25 am

Isn't it possible someone else made a video with the same song/anime choice? It's not like Chop Suey isn't a HORRIBLY OVERUSED SONG or anything.

Rebus_Valstay
Org Profile

Post by Rebus_Valstay » Sun Jul 14, 2002 9:32 am

[quote="NeoGohan"]*Eyes burst and brain implodes*

Site design.. 0_o[quote]

Awww SONOFA!

/head explodes
[GLaU] Rebus Valstay
-----
Dammit! Where'd I put my cancer sticks?

Dorgon
Org Profile

Post by Dorgon » Mon Jul 15, 2002 2:11 am

There was an FLCL video in the competition done to Deep Purple's "Speed King" - this was the Shameless Rock Video that won the "Fun" category. There was also a Chop Suey video done to Angelic Layer that was one of the better action videos in the competition.

If someone told they saw an FLCL video to Chop Suey, well . . . they were sadly mistaken.

G.

otakuscotty
Org Profile

Post by otakuscotty » Tue Jul 16, 2002 12:13 pm

i don';t get it, i would figure the just the whole idea of your vid being taken by someone else and called their own would get all amv creaters hopping mad... So is it true if it was a video that you thought was "good" then you would be at arms about the whole thing? Why focus on the content of the vid instead of the principal oh having your own hard work being claimed by someone else? Oh well c'est la vie
spPANDAforpresedentofUSA2004.org

AbsoluteDestiny
Org Profile

Post by AbsoluteDestiny » Tue Jul 16, 2002 12:36 pm

otakuscotty wrote:i don';t get it, i would figure the just the whole idea of your vid being taken by someone else and called their own would get all amv creaters hopping mad... So is it true if it was a video that you thought was "good" then you would be at arms about the whole thing? Why focus on the content of the vid instead of the principal oh having your own hard work being claimed by someone else? Oh well c'est la vie
We do get up in arms about people stealing videos and have done many times in the past. It's just that in this case, no such thing has happened.

There were no amvs that weren't in the contest and no contest entry matched the descripton of this guy's amv. There was no fraud, just some people with bad eyesight.

The Wired Knight
Org Profile

Post by The Wired Knight » Tue Jul 16, 2002 2:44 pm

Someone tell me when this would have been playing since AX did not play any other videos outside of the AMV contests, and also the fact that there are literally TONS of videos to Cop Suey.
BANG

Intellectual Property, Real Estate & Probate Attorney.

TokyoU15
Org Profile

Post by TokyoU15 » Tue Jul 16, 2002 7:20 pm

cop suey? I haven't seen any videos to that particular song, but I have seen many to S.O.A.D.'s "Chop Suey"
<a href="http://www.senpaiproductions.net">Image</a>
<a href="http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... =326">View My Profile</a>
The Thrill of The Kill Is Alive and Well!

bloodyfang
Org Profile

Post by bloodyfang » Tue Jul 16, 2002 7:25 pm

grapes make a tasty drink
An ocean of dust and randomly strung together pieces of hydrogen, serving no purpose other than allowing all of us to continue in our misery, doomed to an enternity of petty squabbles and meaningless ego trips, until the whole thing one day explodes and starts the whole shebang all over again. - Chaos_Angel

Return to “General AMV”