How to Spot a Bootleg

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Tue Jul 11, 2006 9:17 pm

IIRC the R2 of FLCL was released on 6 discs @ around $45 a piece so you really have nothing to complain about. I'm not saying i support high prices but buying bootlegs is stupid. If you want to pirate stuff, you can do it for free through the internet! :roll: I'm not saying you should, but at least this way you're not helping make someone rich on your own stupidity.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

devilmaykickass
Org Profile

Post by devilmaykickass » Tue Jul 11, 2006 9:24 pm

BasharOfTheAges wrote:IIRC the R2 of FLCL was released on 6 discs @ around $45 a piece so you really have nothing to complain about. I'm not saying i support high prices but buying bootlegs is stupid. If you want to pirate stuff, you can do it for free through the internet! :roll: I'm not saying you should, but at least this way you're not helping make someone rich on your own stupidity.
And how is it stupidity if the bootlegs are excellent quality at a low price, better than that which is commercially availible?

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Tue Jul 11, 2006 10:42 pm

devilmaykickass wrote:
BasharOfTheAges wrote:IIRC the R2 of FLCL was released on 6 discs @ around $45 a piece so you really have nothing to complain about. I'm not saying i support high prices but buying bootlegs is stupid. If you want to pirate stuff, you can do it for free through the internet! :roll: I'm not saying you should, but at least this way you're not helping make someone rich on your own stupidity.
And how is it stupidity if the bootlegs are excellent quality at a low price, better than that which is commercially availible?
Because you're paying for something you don't need to pay for!
| | |

devilmaykickass
Org Profile

Post by devilmaykickass » Tue Jul 11, 2006 11:53 pm

BasharOfTheAges wrote:
devilmaykickass wrote:
Because you're paying for something you don't need to pay for!
No no, you see, quality is my main concern, in order to get the quality, downloads aren't going to do me any good, since downloads are [almost] always overly compressed to be within a certain filesize. Plus I've looked online for the SM movies, and none of them are encoded from R2 rips. :p

So again, I ask; how is it stupidity?

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Tue Jul 11, 2006 11:56 pm

You just need to know where to look. I can't be bothered, so i started just buying the R2s :?
| | |

celibi87
Org Profile

Post by celibi87 » Mon Aug 14, 2006 1:02 am

Sorry if someone has alreayd validated this site but i want to make sure its valid before buying http://www.bargainanime.com/anime-dvd-b ... robin.html

cheeseninja2002
Org Profile

Post by cheeseninja2002 » Mon Aug 14, 2006 4:17 am

OK..this may be belated..IVE BEEN PREOCUPIED! So you feel downloading fansubs is ok and buying bootlegs is wrong, fine. You prefer to purchase the origionals, thats ok BasharOfTheAges.

Now imagine your in a Forien land where you don't get the Releases untill 3 to 4 years after they be released in Japan, even sumtimes 2 years after the release in America. Now imagine you only have access to DIALUP, the only way to download the fansubs is to go to the BIG CITY.....5 HOURS AWAY. Then go to a net cafe and download as much as you can. Or you could purchase these prducts online and find you need a new dvd player with the right region and with the correct power supply converter and hope it lasts. Then learn JAPANEESE.
OR you could purchase the bootleg copies years in advance to the release date in your country for a fraction of the cost and about 23 hours shorter than downloading the Series from the net in a big city net cafe probalby costing 4-5 times the cost due to how long you were in the cafe for.

So I gues since your living in this foreign country with such great ethics I'll be telling you how great a series Bleach was while you writhe in pain for a good 1 -3 years only to find the dubed voices suck as much as the Naruto dubs. Enjoy :)

KIRBY 4 EAV...along with 1337 SP33k =)
bum bum STOP.......................KIRBYTIME<(-.-)><(-.-<)<(-.-)>(>-.-)><(-.-)>

Gepetto
Mr. Poopy Pants
Org Profile

Post by Gepetto » Mon Aug 14, 2006 6:14 am

so much hate in your heart...

That's an extreme case. Buy the bootlegs, but be prepared to face the consequences on Judgment Day.
And God spoke unto the Chicken, and He said: "Thou shalt crosseth the road", and the Chicken did cross the road, and there was much rejoicing.
My DeviantART profile

cheeseninja2002
Org Profile

Post by cheeseninja2002 » Tue Aug 15, 2006 4:31 am

Not hate....just trying to help others understand that there are legit reasons to purchase the boots despite their heavy stance on this matter.

I can understand an individual to feel that they won't purchase the legits... but to say that it's wrong, unforgivable and no legitamite reasons for others to purchase the boots I can't understand. It's a choice that only you alone can make.

.....jesus this makes me seem like I care aboot this matter.

I NEED MORE CAFFINATED BEVERAGES!

1337 SP33K 4 3V4
bum bum STOP.......................KIRBYTIME<(-.-)><(-.-<)<(-.-)>(>-.-)><(-.-)>

RevolutionaryDragon
Org Profile

Post by RevolutionaryDragon » Wed Aug 23, 2006 12:55 am

i understand everyones reasons about bootleged animes..... to me i really dont support it..:( i bought some anime on ebay (i thought that they were originals when perchesed) that are bootleg and some are :D great quality viewing.... :idea: all i can say is that if ppl want to buy the originals and are not sure that they arent, just contact the seller(on any websites) and ask them if they are originals.... and if you want to buy the copies then go ahead no one can force you not to... just be fair and make the right choice...

to buy them or not to buy them? its your choice...

Return to “General Anime”