AX AMV Semifinalists

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
sasuke2468
Org Profile

Post by sasuke2468 » Wed Jul 05, 2006 3:13 am

Castor Troy wrote:
Stryyder wrote:I have to say, I was a bit disheartened by the show this year. A couple small facts:

While I am a bit biased, as Rider4Z (V. Rider) is my fiance, I must say my favorite vid of the con was her "Fight for Life" video. I had a feeling it would be her vs Castor for the action category. It also seemed to get the most audience reaction of all the 3 non-comedy categories.
That was probably my favorite video of the action category and I gave it my vote. :)
i actually voted it best action against mine and for best in show >.> it was by far my favorite showed that night. >.< nothing against the naruto ball z... but even my nonanime fan friend that i draged along love it XD

anneke
Org Profile

Post by anneke » Wed Jul 05, 2006 9:46 am

Clamp panel had the room half full, AMV contest packed the room. Money spent to get CLAMP to the US...alot! Money spent on the AMV contest? Next to none, when we know the coordinator was using his own computer (which crashed) for the contest. The convention makes mega bucks, and treats such a major event so poorly.

Of the videos my favorite was Nic's action video, "Before I Die". I was absolutely amazed by it. Nic has a wonderful eye for editing and with such subtlety that you don't even notice what he did, so it's even more amazing. Download it and really look at what he did.

I hope people enjoyed my Count of Monte Cristo video. I just like showing people such a beautiful anime.

-Anneke
http://www.bakadeshiproductions.com
(Stop by for a different Video each month...)

ProphetDK
Org Profile

Post by ProphetDK » Wed Jul 05, 2006 1:01 pm

Anneke, I thought it was pretty enjoyable.

Nice to see some AMV creaters, other than me waiting for the tickets. hehe and chat for a few minutes.

molecrabs
Org Profile

Re: AX AMV Semifinalists

Post by molecrabs » Wed Jul 05, 2006 2:09 pm

The Wired Knight wrote:Action / Adventure
David Ferguson - Between the Truth and the Lies
Matt Aclaro - Mostly Fatal Blood
Nic Neidenbach - Before I'm Dead
Ryan Molina - A battle of epic proportions
Sean Rehbein (Sasuke2468) - Before I forget
Stephanie Huang - A City to Love
Victoria Rider - Fight for Life

Drama
Brad DeMoss - Signal to Noise
Gregory Jones Jr. - The Jungle Emperor
Jason Scheiner - ...and the World Shifted
Mike Balei - Molly
Stephen Turczynskyj, Thanh Pham & Thi Pham - Bebopera
Teri Archibald - Always
Terrell Codrington - From Rivals To Friends

Comedy
Holly Paul (Savvy) - I am NOT gay!
Jani Kauppila - Avast-chu!
Jen Galas (Dr. Raven) - Dare To Be Anime
Paisley & Sammy - Host Club Wannabe
Owen Kuhn - Ultimate Anime Showdown
Sean Thordsen & Rebecca Baylis - Illapalazo's Ultimate Plan
Tim Park - Stop Watching Anime and Go Outside!

AmTV
Alexandre Legrand - Lupin's Four
Cynthia Delker (Anneke) - Waiting
Jason Scheiner - Temporality V
Michael Martignetri - Chapter 219
Terry Kaleas - Monomachia
Thomas Smith - This Video Goes to 11
Victoria Rider - Life of a Dog

Congrats to everyone and good luck.

I'm gunning hard this year for an AX Award.
Anyone know the name of the anime with the kid that was raised by that guy, and the kid later turned into a wolf like creature, and turned back to a human when he was found by that girl? I believe the amv appeared in the Drama category.

sasuke2468
Org Profile

Post by sasuke2468 » Wed Jul 05, 2006 2:43 pm

anneke i liked ur amv alot XD it actually got me out to a best buy to git the anime >.> but they didn't hav it T_T

Stryyder
Org Profile

Post by Stryyder » Wed Jul 05, 2006 3:59 pm

Castor Troy wrote:
Stryyder wrote:I have to say, I was a bit disheartened by the show this year. A couple small facts:

While I am a bit biased, as Rider4Z (V. Rider) is my fiance, I must say my favorite vid of the con was her "Fight for Life" video. I had a feeling it would be her vs Castor for the action category. It also seemed to get the most audience reaction of all the 3 non-comedy categories.
That was probably my favorite video of the action category and I gave it my vote. :)
I feel a bit embarrassed by my last post not mentioning one thing, lol. While My favorite was fight for life I have no angst toward your vid for winning action. It was a great video, with great editing and I am sure it took quite a bit of time. Congrats, and it was kewl to meet you as well. My thanks (and Rider's I'm sure) to you and Sasuke2468 for your praise of her vid.

aznfs
Org Profile

Post by aznfs » Wed Jul 05, 2006 9:42 pm

anneke wrote:Clamp panel had the room half full, AMV contest packed the room. Money spent to get CLAMP to the US...alot! Money spent on the AMV contest? Next to none, when we know the coordinator was using his own computer (which crashed) for the contest. The convention makes mega bucks, and treats such a major event so poorly.

Of the videos my favorite was Nic's action video, "Before I Die". I was absolutely amazed by it. Nic has a wonderful eye for editing and with such subtlety that you don't even notice what he did, so it's even more amazing. Download it and really look at what he did.

I hope people enjoyed my Count of Monte Cristo video. I just like showing people such a beautiful anime.

-Anneke
i liked your video quite a bit :)

The Wired Knight
Org Profile

Post by The Wired Knight » Thu Jul 06, 2006 12:46 am

Little Masa-ouki wrote:As one of the two Ultimate Showdown creators (the first one, not that it matters) I agree. I'm not saying that either of us would have won, but I definitely think that us both being there lowered both of our chances as we were telling similar jokes and it split the people who voted for us.
I had the second.

To be hoenst though I think it probably hurt mine more because mine came second. It's been consistent tha whenever the same song is in a catagory twice teh one that airs first always does better. This was true for Sleep Now, Lost in Space and now Ultimate Showdown.

Overall though I'm rather pleased with who won what and it's what I expected. Though I am getting sick of Naruto and Sasuke videos winning every blasted thing everywhere they go. It's not like it even matters what you do it to, just doing that fight gets a good response.
BANG

Intellectual Property, Real Estate & Probate Attorney.

sasuke2468
Org Profile

Post by sasuke2468 » Thu Jul 06, 2006 2:46 am

The Wired Knight wrote:
Little Masa-ouki wrote:As one of the two Ultimate Showdown creators (the first one, not that it matters) I agree. I'm not saying that either of us would have won, but I definitely think that us both being there lowered both of our chances as we were telling similar jokes and it split the people who voted for us.
I had the second.

To be hoenst though I think it probably hurt mine more because mine came second. It's been consistent tha whenever the same song is in a catagory twice teh one that airs first always does better. This was true for Sleep Now, Lost in Space and now Ultimate Showdown.

Overall though I'm rather pleased with who won what and it's what I expected. Though I am getting sick of Naruto and Sasuke videos winning every blasted thing everywhere they go. It's not like it even matters what you do it to, just doing that fight gets a good response.

psh song matters too when it comes to sasuke vs naruto! if its got slipknot its got my vote XD jk hahaha

Return to “AMV Contests”