One Piece

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
paizuri
Org Profile

One Piece

Post by paizuri » Sun Jul 02, 2006 6:57 pm

This is the official One Piece discussion thread.

Official site (english)
Official site (japanese)

Mr. Anobe
Org Profile

Post by Mr. Anobe » Sun Jul 02, 2006 7:42 pm

Let me be the first to say that I'm sadly disappointed on how the english version was handled by (couldn't stressed more enough) 4*fuckin*Kids!

Even though I hardly seen that series, but I wish Viz Media will do something about the uncut subs or even dub perhaps because this series has been already crashed and burned to a bloody crisp. No questions ask.

Anyways, if I could find a sub or some sort and to see what it's like, then I could say something about this series other than my disgust over this terrible mess which 4Kids made.
A.k.a- "The Anime>Observer" 8-)
The Lone Anime Ranger...off duty

*sigh*..."It's not easy being an Anime Fan."

Unlimited Rice
Org Profile

Post by Unlimited Rice » Mon Jul 03, 2006 2:27 am

good stuff. I like it, even though it gets dragged out a lot. It's a fun show.

The Enies Lobby arc is gonna get pretty insane once the Strawhat group starts fighting the CP9. It looks like
Luffy is gonna fight against CP9 member, Blueno
on ep 270

anime_flower
Org Profile

Post by anime_flower » Mon Jul 03, 2006 6:11 am

AAAAHHH!!!! What have they done to One Piece!!! Let me see, they cut out some bits, they (what seems like) re-written the whole script and they changed Sanji's cigarette to a red lolly-pop. :x I wish the English Version could just translate, leave the rest as it is and just change the rating of the ANIME.

I love the original a lot better. It's funny, action-packed and I do agree, some major (if not most) battles seems to take forever to end. But, it's great... lots and lots and lots of eps... but great! :D

Cornwiggle
Org Profile

Post by Cornwiggle » Mon Jul 03, 2006 8:44 am

For some reason, I just can't get into the anime of One Piece. It just feels...wrong.

I like the manga, but the anime, I just can't tolerate. And it's not because of 4Kids.
¯\(°_o)/¯

anime_flower
Org Profile

Post by anime_flower » Wed Jul 05, 2006 7:03 am

Does anyone know how many eps there are in One Piece? Personally, I don't think they're ending the ANIME anytime soon so I guess the real question is, how many eps are there so far?

HyperTails
Org Profile

Post by HyperTails » Wed Jul 05, 2006 1:41 pm

Episode 271 airs this weekend, so 271 so far.

I seriously wonder how 4Kids will edit Luffy's final fight against Crocodile, since blood plays an important role in it. Are they going to change it to sweat? My friend says Fruit Punch. :lol:

anime_flower
Org Profile

Post by anime_flower » Thu Jul 06, 2006 9:30 am

271 eps huh?!? Wow...I feel like this is gonna be a very, very long ANIME. Makes me wonder how many seasons it gonna take for all of them to fit...

From what I've heard, cigarettes have been changed to lolly-pops (like Sanji), alcohol have been changed to fruit drink and all excessive blood is changed to sweat. So, for that battle, I'll say they'll ruin it by changing it mostly to sweat and water drops. :x Makes me so mad that they're changing it so much.

Cornwiggle
Org Profile

Post by Cornwiggle » Thu Jul 06, 2006 9:35 am

anime_flower wrote: From what I've heard, cigarettes have been changed to lolly-pops (like Sanji), alcohol have been changed to fruit drink and all excessive blood is changed to sweat. So, for that battle, I'll say they'll ruin it by changing it mostly to sweat and water drops. :x Makes me so mad that they're changing it so much.

That's the DUB, not the ANIME. The sub of the anime still has the violence, cursing, cigarettes etc
¯\(°_o)/¯

Unlimited Rice
Org Profile

Post by Unlimited Rice » Thu Jul 06, 2006 10:58 am

Cornwiggle wrote:That's the DUB, not the ANIME.
since when were dubbed anime.... not anime?

and I think all this anger over edits on One Piece are really exaggerated

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”