AX AMV Semifinalists

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Thu Jun 29, 2006 9:35 am

TommyRude wrote:Did he even submit one?
Yeah, and it's even won best of show at a previous con (Acen). Which is why most of us are baffled. :?
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

MiM
Org Profile

Post by MiM » Thu Jun 29, 2006 10:04 am

Ho that's cool. Happy to see my Lupin's four was selected.
Good luck for all finalists. :)
ImageImage

anneke
Org Profile

Post by anneke » Thu Jun 29, 2006 10:50 am

I had a video that won best of show at a convention, and it didn't make the finals for Fanime or Anime Expo. It depends on the judges, and well... it happens. (shrugs) . I'm still debating on going to the convention or not...

-Anneke
http://www.bakadeshiproductions.com
(Stop by for a different Video each month...)

Kisanzi
Why I likes so much?
Org Profile

Post by Kisanzi » Thu Jun 29, 2006 12:24 pm

Castor Troy wrote:I was really surprised that suberunker didn't make it in... :shock:
x2...and I was looking forward to seeing his newest again...

Bummer, looks like I didn't get my entry in the finals either. But regardless I'm still looking forward to a great contest. Best of luck to everyone in the finals and see ya at the con!

ssj4lonewolf
Org Profile

Post by ssj4lonewolf » Thu Jun 29, 2006 1:00 pm

yea that is surprizing, oh well, I missed out this year, I really thought i stepped my game up this year on the editing, time to go back to the drawing board :? :? Imma see if i can finsh my current projects in time for the awa pro comp
Oh god, that black dude with the afro is always making those damn trash ass music hip hop amvs...he needs to do something with techno or rock....
.......as if I would do something like that.
おおかみなく

Therax
Org Profile

Post by Therax » Thu Jun 29, 2006 6:19 pm

Doubly surprised here on the lack of suberunker goodness. (Almost typed "godness," but that would itself be a typo for "godliness.")

My video managed to trip across the parody rule, and although James gave me the chance to reenter in the eleventh hour with a version stripped of most everything that could be construed as parody, it looks like the resulting video didn't make the cut.

Hagaren Viper
Org Profile

Post by Hagaren Viper » Thu Jun 29, 2006 9:21 pm

Wait, I'm confused.....That email I got wasn't for the the finalists? I thought it was......... aaaaaaaaaaagggggggghhhhhhhhhhhh wheretheheckismynaaaaaaaaaammmmmmmeeeeeee?!!!!!!!!

Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Thu Jun 29, 2006 9:32 pm

Hagaren Viper wrote:Wait, I'm confused.....That email I got wasn't for the the finalists? I thought it was......... aaaaaaaaaaagggggggghhhhhhhhhhhh wheretheheckismynaaaaaaaaaammmmmmmeeeeeee?!!!!!!!!
dude, your sig is too freaking big

Pwolf

Brad
Org Profile

Post by Brad » Thu Jun 29, 2006 11:37 pm

Therax wrote:Doubly surprised here on the lack of suberunker goodness. (Almost typed "godness," but that would itself be a typo for "godliness.")

My video managed to trip across the parody rule, and although James gave me the chance to reenter in the eleventh hour with a version stripped of most everything that could be construed as parody, it looks like the resulting video didn't make the cut.
As I said in the other thread, I missed the part in the rules that stated that a video consisting of anime, edited to music, to create an original music video creation, wasn't considered an anime music video.

It's fine though. I'm sure the audience wasn't interested in having a good time anyway.
Ask Brad an After Effects Question! - Forum - Site

Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Thu Jun 29, 2006 11:47 pm

AtomX wrote:It's fine though. I'm sure the audience wasn't interested in having a good time anyway.
awww snap!

Pwolf

Return to “AMV Contests”