The Doom Project [Deimos]

Discussion & organization of Multi-Editor Projects
Dagda
Org Profile

Post by Dagda » Wed Jun 14, 2006 2:57 am

The beta of my video is here: http://rapidshare.de/files/22584163/Sec ... _.wmv.html

Please, I need all the feedback I can get. Believe me, I'll latch on to your every word.

Orwell
godx, Son of godix
Org Profile

Post by Orwell » Thu Jun 15, 2006 7:20 pm

Updated track listing and edited the first post to clear up some misinterpretation. We currently need 2 editors and I anticipate a need for more.
Latest
[Kristyrat]: Vote for Orwell
[Kristyrat]: because train conducters are dicks.
Otohiko: whereas Germans are like "god we are all so horrible, we're going to die a pointless death now."

*inverse*
Org Profile

Post by *inverse* » Thu Jun 15, 2006 7:55 pm

Just for the record, I have also used Tokyo Babylon in "The Red Moon" segment, and Takefuji used Final Fantasy Advent Children rather than Escaflowne in her "Dark Side of Phobos" segment.

OropherZero
Org Profile

Post by OropherZero » Thu Jun 15, 2006 11:48 pm

If we take one of the two tracks left, do we have to edit to it all or just choose like a minute of it?

I can do something to DSoP_14_InfectedLab(E1M7) but I might not have time to do the entire thing for the BETA deadline since I'm also in 3 other MEPs =|

Edit: Actually I have heaps of ideas for InfectedLab =3

Okay if you give me until the 7th July for BETA then I can do the entire duration of:
InfectedLab - The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya

Orwell
godx, Son of godix
Org Profile

Post by Orwell » Fri Jun 16, 2006 12:11 am

The deadline mentioned is just a proof of concept/beta deadline. Meaning I just want to know what you have planned and if you can have some video complete by then that's great, if not, then oh well. If you mean the whole track being a minute or so, then no, I'd prefer at least 2 minutes and the whole thing if possible. If your making any audio changes, send me a copy for a check to see if maybe there's any problems with the flow.

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya... I'm very interested in how this track will flow, the show never struck me as horror/action, unless your doing a different genre? When editing, please use raws when the DVD isn't available. If you need help finding them I can probably help with that.
Latest
Otohiko: whereas Germans are like "god we are all so horrible, we're going to die a pointless death now."

OropherZero
Org Profile

Post by OropherZero » Fri Jun 16, 2006 12:33 am

Downloading the RAWs right now, given the popularity of the series it isn't hard to find seeders. Well in terms of concept my part will be a subtle Nagato fan profile, she is an alien and I think the musical form suits that quite well.

Episode 10 is what struck me when I listened to it.

Yes that means - can I take the track?

Orwell
godx, Son of godix
Org Profile

Post by Orwell » Fri Jun 16, 2006 1:05 am

Sure, the track is yours. You mentioned heaps of ideas, I was wondering if you had anything in mind that might fit a little better with the horror/doom theme, but if not, then that's fine.
Latest

Greek Prince
Org Profile

Post by Greek Prince » Fri Jun 16, 2006 2:37 am

Hey it looks like you have all my details down already but i just thought i would say that im only editing 01:52 - 02:42 and Craktsmurf will be doing the rest of the tack with the anime devil man. If theres anything else you need to know let me know.

Orwell
godx, Son of godix
Org Profile

Post by Orwell » Fri Jun 16, 2006 3:01 am

Greek Prince - Thanks for posting, I'd like to know a general outline of what your planning to do with your track, though I'm not requiring a hard concept or beta till the first of July. Also, what is your audio file at?

To Everyone - The audio should be a wav converted from the flac file. If you can't convert the flac file or can't get ahold of it, then contact me and I'll get it for you. I currently have a 44100hz 16 bit stereo wav, though I haven't done anything to my track that wouldn't allow me to convert the original to what everyone else is working with. Having a uniform standard for the audio will make it easier for the final encoding when I join it altogether. Depending on the general census, we'll go with that. I don't really anticipate any problems with sync or otherwise from a change in hz, but if there is talk to me or one of the more knowledgeable members of the community for help.
Last edited by Orwell on Fri Jun 16, 2006 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Latest

Greek Prince
Org Profile

Post by Greek Prince » Fri Jun 16, 2006 3:23 am

Well my outline is basicly making a short horror vid with the time i have on the track, showing horror from every angle from the monsters to the expressions from peoples faces. It's a bit hard to explain since i havn't done this sort of editing before and i know i am not required to give a beta but i could send one anyway just so you know where im going with the track. And im not sure what you mean by what my audio file is at.

Return to “Multi-Editor Projects”