Digimon

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
paizuri
Org Profile

Digimon

Post by paizuri » Wed Jun 07, 2006 3:00 am

This is the official Digimon discussion thread. This topic encompasses to all seasons of the TV show and all of the various Digimon movies.

Cornwiggle
Org Profile

Post by Cornwiggle » Wed Jun 07, 2006 11:33 am

I love Digimon.

It's funny back when it was still on I HATED Tamers more than anything but LOOOOVED Adventure 02, Frontier still wasn't on though.

Now it's the complete opposite, Tamers is my favorite and 02 (the dub) is my least favorite. I just sat down and watched Tamers when it was showing on Toon Disney every night and...I just found myself getting really into it, the dub was lightyears ahead of the shitty Nimoy 02 dub and it was just a lot of fun. The climax of the show at the end was actually the best of any digimon series (most of the finales are very disappointing).

At that same time (more or less) I had actually flipped to the channel (UPN) I think that was showing Frontier. Complete fluke, but I saw it, saw it was new, watched it, enjoyed it, still enjoy it.

All in all out of all the digimon series I've watched my favorite Digimon are:

1. Beelzemon
2. MetalEtemon

Yep, that's it.

And in order now my list would go

1. Tamers
2. Frontier
3. Adventure
4. Adventure 02

I haven't seen Savers yet.
¯\(°_o)/¯

Unlimited Rice
Org Profile

Post by Unlimited Rice » Wed Jun 07, 2006 11:53 am

so far, Savers seems pretty meh..

it goes back to the whole.. human + digimon combination again rather than whatever they did in digimon frontier

the animation seems to have gone down, I don't like how it looks..

The Dats organization reminds me of the futuristic power ranger series

eh, that's all I can say for now, I guess

Super Shanko
Org Profile

Post by Super Shanko » Wed Jun 07, 2006 7:50 pm

Yeah i like Adveture & Taers

they both had soethig the others did't.

I kow it looks stupid but y keyboard is screwed up so i cat use a few buttos.
Life is but a dream.....So what happens when you wake up?

Gepetto
Mr. Poopy Pants
Org Profile

Post by Gepetto » Fri Jun 09, 2006 7:47 pm

Cornwiggle wrote:I HATED Tamers more than anything
but it has the best opening. "Big and bigger, biggest dreamer, la-la la" *dancing around*

I only liked the first season. Haven't seen savers.
And God spoke unto the Chicken, and He said: "Thou shalt crosseth the road", and the Chicken did cross the road, and there was much rejoicing.
My DeviantART profile

Cornwiggle
Org Profile

Post by Cornwiggle » Fri Jun 09, 2006 8:10 pm

gepetto wrote:
but it has the best opening. "Big and bigger, biggest dreamer, la-la la" *dancing around*

Did you not read the rest of the post?
¯\(°_o)/¯

Unlimited Rice
Org Profile

Post by Unlimited Rice » Fri Jun 09, 2006 9:58 pm

hmm. yeah.. Savers is the worst one yet, i don't think I can continue watching this one...

I need to rewatch everything else

Gepetto
Mr. Poopy Pants
Org Profile

Post by Gepetto » Sat Jun 10, 2006 8:53 am

Cornwiggle wrote:
gepetto wrote:

Did you not read the rest of the post?
Yes. So? I meant that I hated it but it's the best opening.
And God spoke unto the Chicken, and He said: "Thou shalt crosseth the road", and the Chicken did cross the road, and there was much rejoicing.
My DeviantART profile

Hagaren Viper
Org Profile

Post by Hagaren Viper » Fri Jun 16, 2006 4:29 pm

I loved digimon right up to Frontier, then I kinda gave up on the whole series. but still, there was a part of me dep down that still loved the show. Then I met Pinky75910, and Frontier is one of my favorite seasons now, and did I mention I love the whole series again? That's why if you check out my recent music videos, they are practicly all digimon.

My favorite? it's hard to say. I love Tamers, since it had a more realistic feel to it (and back when it first came on I wanted notheing more than for Digimon to be real, lucky Takato!), I loved the whole Card Slash thing (And I REALLY like the dub's Digi-Modify music for some reason), and my favorite digimon Leomon came back! Then he died. And I got mad. -_- But I still loved that show. I also have to say that Bio-Merging was awsome. Too bad only the main three and Ryo got to do that though.

Frontier is also an apparent favorite now. At first, like I said, I hated it. The character designs were weird (Look at that clothing!), there are no digimon partners, the kids BECOME the didimon? By themselves? It's acceptable via BioMerging, but not like THAT. Not to mention it was on Sundays here, right about ehen I left for church.

A few years later, I actually sat down at watched the first epidoe again. And then the next. And the next. And the next. And now I'm up to episode 40. What was I thinking! This is a cool series! The spirit evolution is actually very cool, and working it's way into a fancomic of mine. Great plot (or sub plot?) Involving the mid-season character too. There were a few missed oppertunities in this season though, it could have been so much better.

Well, that's all from me right now. Even though no one cares, i'll put my other little reviews up later :)

Cornwiggle
Org Profile

Post by Cornwiggle » Fri Jun 16, 2006 4:46 pm

Hagaren Viper wrote:
and my favorite digimon Leomon came back! Then he died. And I got mad. -_- But I still loved that show. I also have to say that Bio-Merging was awsome. Too bad only the main three and Ryo got to do that though.
Hahaha. Leomon ALWAYS dies. Poor guy :(
¯\(°_o)/¯

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”