Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
Odi
Org Profile

Post by Odi » Sat May 20, 2006 7:02 pm

angelx03 wrote:
The village chief dissappeared. According to Keichii's phone conversation with Shion, she confessed to the chief which she believed led to his dissappearence.

Keiichi in a sense did confess to Rika about the incident in the storehouse through the use of metaphors. Rika then dissappeared as well.

Rena's perception on finding clues in Rika's and Satoko's house was excellent. She's almost like a pint-size version of Sherlock Holmes. Rena is actually not a bad person after all.

That ladder scene where Mion was shaking it with Keiichi on top unfortunetly looked flat out bad. Not only the creepy, deformed wasn't really creepy, the lip-syncing was totally off. :?
odi's thoughts wrote:Na I think the ladder scene was hella creepy. The deformation made it look like she was transformig into somethingnot human... And as it goes on (this may be my imagination) it looks like what ever is posessing her it takes ahold more and more and with it she looked more and more deformed. The lip sync i think added to the "non human" thing that it wassent really she talking but "something" else. But then again. I do agree that it could have looked so so mutch better than it did. And if the lip cynk thing was not intentional I can only say "Foh Shame".

People Being mad with rage one second and happy like nothing happend the other is a thing we have seen ALOT of in this series. But all those times it felt like it still was the same character the whole time. With the ladder thingy it didnt feel like it was Mion at all. But as I said "something posessing her" For good or for bad.

On the other hand my thoughts may have been influenced by the fact that I thougt it was Shion at the foot of the ladder (or at the end someone imitating Shion based on what Keiichi found out) the whole ep untill I saw Angelx03 state otherwise.

NobloodNobloodNobloodNobloodNobloodNobloodNobloodNobloodNobloodNobloodNobloodNobloodNobloodNoblood
Master of suspension!
I'm not so smart. I just stay with the problem a little longer ---- Einstein

angelx03
Location: In school, Rochester NY mainly RIT; in home, Tampa, FL
Org Profile

Post by angelx03 » Sat May 20, 2006 7:10 pm

I found out that "No blood" is a mistranslation. It's supposed to be "...that has to be it. That has to be it. That has to be it. That has to be it......" which actually makes more sense.
ImageImage

Odi
Org Profile

Post by Odi » Sun May 21, 2006 12:47 pm

It is!?... as you say it does make more sense...
Hmm I dont know a word japansese so im compleatly dependant on the sub, but how the heck do they get "That has to be it" to "No Blood" :? ?
I'm not so smart. I just stay with the problem a little longer ---- Einstein

Flame-X
Org Profile

Post by Flame-X » Wed May 24, 2006 4:07 am

ok i just saw ep 8 raw... almost shitted my pants X_O

anyways i think ep 8 isnt the end of the 2nd story..

angelx03
Org Profile

Post by angelx03 » Wed May 24, 2006 8:43 am

Clamp-X wrote:ok i just saw ep 8 raw... almost shitted my pants X_O

anyways i think ep 8 isnt the end of the 2nd story..
Actually according to the peeps who can really listen Japanese, episode 8 is the end of the Watanagashi chapter and next week is the start of the Tatarigoroshi chapter. According to the previous gamers, the Tatarigoroshi chapter is the most depressing chapter in the entire game. :shock:

I can't wait for these episodes! 8-)
ImageImage

angelx03
Org Profile

Post by angelx03 » Sat May 27, 2006 7:41 pm

Ahhh, episode 8. Now the real question.
Who the hell was impersonating Mion AND Shion?!! This chapter seems more supernatural than last chapter. :shock:
Next chapter is what gamers called a VERY depressing chapter.
ImageImage

Flame-X
Org Profile

Post by Flame-X » Mon May 29, 2006 2:04 am

depressing? hmmmm... sounds interesting as long as it involves more scary faces XD

Flame-X
Org Profile

Post by Flame-X » Fri Jun 02, 2006 11:58 am

ok ya you're right, ep 9 is a new arc. just seen the ep now

OmniStrata
Org Profile

Post by OmniStrata » Sat Jun 03, 2006 5:06 pm

I wish this series had an actual solid story vs. many different endings.

I thought the series ended by ep 3 lol :lol:
"Strength lies in action. Let the weak react to me..." - Kamahl, Pit Fighter from Magic: the Gathering
"That is a mistake many of my enemies make. They think before they act. I act before I think!" - Vortigern from Merlin ('98)
"I AM REBORN!" - Dark Schneider Bastard!! OAV

Flame-X
Org Profile

Post by Flame-X » Sun Jun 04, 2006 11:45 pm

I love the OP song. I've Girls never seem to fail me. :D

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”