Fanime AMV contest results

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Forum rules
Coordinators who fail to maintain necessary communication with entrants, or provide timey updates on results may be barred from announcing future events.
Nydyne
Org Profile

Post by Nydyne » Sun May 28, 2006 10:34 pm

o_o;; WTF? I won...

Honestly I didn't think my video would get into the finals let alone actualy pull out a win. I'm extremely greatful. Thank you! =D

milkmandan
Org Profile

Post by milkmandan » Sun May 28, 2006 11:14 pm

Nydyne wrote:o_o;; WTF? I won...

Honestly I didn't think my video would get into the finals let alone actualy pull out a win. I'm extremely greatful. Thank you! =D
which one was your video?
none the less gj.
Image Image

Nydyne
Org Profile

Post by Nydyne » Sun May 28, 2006 11:29 pm

milkmandan wrote:
Nydyne wrote:o_o;; WTF? I won...

which one was your video?
none the less gj.
"Berserk - Getting Away with Murder" in the action catagory. It won the judge's award for best action.

jubjub2
Org Profile

Post by jubjub2 » Mon May 29, 2006 12:53 am

Congratulations to everyone! What a lineup! :)

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Mon May 29, 2006 1:41 am

Congrats to all the winners!

I should come to fanime one of these days... I fly out to Texas and Atlanta but I can't drive up 6 hours for fanime. :x
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

milkmandan
Org Profile

Post by milkmandan » Mon May 29, 2006 5:11 am

Oh Castor! Even I drove up.

Spent 5 hours on the car!

Good road trip :)
I would drive, but i duno about that plane ride to Texas or Atlanta
Image Image

Jnzk
Artsy Bastid
Org Profile

Post by Jnzk » Mon May 29, 2006 9:46 am

TaranT wrote:Judges Choice
Best Free Form
Mathilda (Janzki)
Wasn't really expecting this to win anything... :o

scottanime
The One
Org Profile

Post by scottanime » Mon May 29, 2006 10:30 am

Hehehe

I do have to poke fun at Pwolf for one part of the contest.
His video "Pain" was one of 3 videos that did not recieve one vote for best of show by the viewers.....but the video disclaimer and introduction received 2 write in votes for Best of Show :) weeeeee :)

Contest videos aside, of those that were there, at least how did the presentation look? Spent alot of time on it and hoped that it didnt go anyones head.

Also remember, I am also running the AMV Contest for Nan Desu Kan in Denver, CO in October. So nows the time to get those videos in for an even better show at that con!!!
Scott Peterson
NDK AMV Coordinator 2006-2022
Sac Anime AMV Coordinator 2007 & 2010
Fanime AMV Coordinator 2003-2006

Brakus
Org Profile

Post by Brakus » Mon May 29, 2006 10:54 am

Hmmm. I received the AMV badges in the mail (even though I couldn't attend -- they still haven't invented anything where you can be in two places at once) but I noticed my video ("Watch Out It's Desert Punk") didn't make the cut.

I really don't want to sound like I'm whining, but if you went through all the trouble to make special badges for the AMV contest, shouldn't that in itself have indicated that you did make the final cut? If not, then I should have been told outright one way or another whether or not I made the cut before the convention.
~BRAKUS~
Otakon AMV Theater staff

"Oh, leggings. That's right, everyone in this country wears them. Do I have to?"
-- Rider (Iskander), Fate/Zero

Nydyne
Org Profile

Post by Nydyne » Mon May 29, 2006 1:05 pm

scottanime wrote:Hehehe

I do have to poke fun at Pwolf for one part of the contest.
His video "Pain" was one of 3 videos that did not recieve one vote for best of show by the viewers.....but the video disclaimer and introduction received 2 write in votes for Best of Show :) weeeeee :)

Contest videos aside, of those that were there, at least how did the presentation look? Spent alot of time on it and hoped that it didnt go anyones head.

Also remember, I am also running the AMV Contest for Nan Desu Kan in Denver, CO in October. So nows the time to get those videos in for an even better show at that con!!!
Presentation was excellent scott. Best it has ever been. The 24 theme was very well done and everything went very smooth, something you don't expect from an AMV contest. From a technical standpoint, the only problem i saw with the contest was the sound quality. That was quite minimal though.

Thank you for having me again this year. =)

Return to “AMV Contests”