Naruto

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.

Naruto

Postby paizuri » Sun May 14, 2006 5:45 pm

User avatar
paizuri
 
Joined: 24 Sep 2001
Location: All hail me, the BEEFMASTER!!!!!

Postby Yunacat » Mon May 15, 2006 9:58 am

(Yay! Thanks!)


Who's been following this?

I've seen all of the episodes that are in English so far, episodes 120-137 in Japanese, the first and second movie, and i've read all of the manga to chapter 306. It's one of my favorite series, and for a time i almost lost interest in it until i started reading the manga more and my sis forced me to watch it on TV with her, lol.

If i were to pick a favorite character, that would be a bit difficult for me. I like Sasuke (i just wish he wasn't as mean as he is now.. > >), Shikamaru (haha, lazieness), Gaara (he's a good fighter! and i kinda feel sorry for him.. > >), Hinata (she's a good fighter when she gets serious), and a bunch of other characters too.. @_@
User avatar
Yunacat
 
Joined: 17 Oct 2004
Location: Looking out the window, listening to the wind...

Postby Rurounikeitaro » Mon May 15, 2006 10:20 am

I admit that I still love the show. I stopped after Naruto fought Sasuke though. I'm waiting for the fillers to end then I can start watching again.

My favorite saga was the Haku and Zabuza one and my second favorite was the one where the 3 Legendary....uhh....Tsunade, Orochimaru, and Jaraiya fought. I just loved when people thought Haku killed Sasuke and the same for Naruto when Kabuto F-ed him up. The emotional stuff like that with their beautiful music really made me like the show. It's pretty good.
Image
Image
User avatar
Rurounikeitaro
 
Joined: 15 Dec 2003
Location: Piscataway, NJ Watching: Death Note, KIBA, Sola

Postby Yunacat » Mon May 15, 2006 10:30 am

Rurounikeitaro wrote:I admit that I still love the show. I stopped after Naruto fought Sasuke though. I'm waiting for the fillers to end then I can start watching again.

My favorite saga was the Haku and Zabuza one and my second favorite was the one where the 3 Legendary....uhh....Tsunade, Orochimaru, and Jaraiya fought. I just loved when people thought Haku killed Sasuke and the same for Naruto when Kabuto F-ed him up. The emotional stuff like that with their beautiful music really made me like the show. It's pretty good.


I'm doing the same thing, lol. Some people have said some of the fillers are pretty good, so i might look into them..idk.. > > The Sasu vs. Naru fight was pretty good, but i think it was better in the manga. They stalled too much in the anime, lol.

My favorite arcs..hmm.. I'm not sure. I liked the Haku arc (kinda wish he was still alive and friends with Naruto or something). It was sad how he died.. > >

I also like the Chunnin exams, especially the tournament setup battles. Those were interesting. I really felt sorry for Lee when he versed Gaara. Though i like Gaara and all, he was still a bit unfair with what he did.. > >

And yes, they have really good BGM! *has a bunch of it* The only thing i don't like about the show [mainly] are the opening/ending songs. Most of the time they get Japanese groups who are really annoying to listen to. One exception is in the song "Rocks" (forgot which opening/ending it was), which is a Japanese remake of an English classic rock song of the same title, i believe.
User avatar
Yunacat
 
Joined: 17 Oct 2004
Location: Looking out the window, listening to the wind...

Postby Beseinen Stalker » Mon May 15, 2006 3:34 pm

I watch Naruto in english on CN, and I've only read 4 vol.s of the manga: One is the first book special edition and the other 3 are when they were in the forest of death. I always fall for the Bishonen/beseinen so my fav character is Sauke Uchiha.
User avatar
Beseinen Stalker
 
Joined: 15 May 2006
Location: In Hotohori's and Sesshomaru's arms

Postby Yunacat » Tue May 16, 2006 10:33 am

Beseinen Stalker wrote:I watch Naruto in english on CN, and I've only read 4 vol.s of the manga: One is the first book special edition and the other 3 are when they were in the forest of death. I always fall for the Bishonen/beseinen so my fav character is Sauke Uchiha.


> >

*tries to resist urge to correct*

< <

*can't resist*

> >

...

His name is Sasuke Uchiha, lol.^^;;;

And what's a Beseinen? > >

Oh, and you are REALLY missing out if you are reading the english manga. They didn't even translate the attack titles, they changed them.

Ex.

Original Attack: Kage Bushin no Jutsu
Translation: Shadow Clone Jutsu
Manga Change: Doppleganger Technique

> <
User avatar
Yunacat
 
Joined: 17 Oct 2004
Location: Looking out the window, listening to the wind...

Postby Beseinen Stalker » Tue May 16, 2006 9:05 pm

Yunacat wrote:
Beseinen Stalker wrote:I watch Naruto in english on CN, and I've only read 4 vol.s of the manga: One is the first book special edition and the other 3 are when they were in the forest of death. I always fall for the Bishonen/beseinen so my fav character is Sauke Uchiha.


> >

*tries to resist urge to correct*

< <

*can't resist*

> >

...

His name is Sasuke Uchiha, lol.^^;;;

And what's a Beseinen? > >

Oh, and you are REALLY missing out if you are reading the english manga. They didn't even translate the attack titles, they changed them.

Ex.

Original Attack: Kage Bushin no Jutsu
Translation: Shadow Clone Jutsu
Manga Change: Doppleganger Technique

> <

You should be an editor. lol Anyway, I knew it was Shadow Clone Jutsu in the first place. The first time I read it I felt really weird like; was the anime wrong or the manga? Later I read somthing on this site and it cleared up to me.

Beseinen: Pretty man, (in my choice of age) 19-...........death(as long as they go down looking cute
Bishonen: Pretty boy, (in my choice of age)8-16(sometimes I stop at 13 and just call the 14 up what I want by depending on his look)

To me Sasuke Uchiha would a Bishonen(not cause he doesn't look good its cause hes too young to be a Beseinen)
Image
User avatar
Beseinen Stalker
 
Joined: 15 May 2006
Location: In Hotohori's and Sesshomaru's arms

Postby Odi » Wed May 17, 2006 2:20 am

I watched Naruto a loong time ago. I got sick one week or so maby more and during that time I digged through all the episodes to the point where...
Naruto and Sasuke fight seriously mono unt mono at the famous yet pretty Ironic place I cant remember the name of. Some ravine or something
And I read the manga before that (I allways stayed ahead with the manga) to the point where
The team is going to the sand village to save Gaara who had been obducted.


If anyone could tell me what episode of the anime and volume of the maga I stopped viewing/reading I would be verry happey. Even though the anime got pretty slow sometimes the manga still rocked major ass.

For the favorite character I would have to choose. ROCK LEE!
He is so so good at heart but hides it up behind a really dorky façade and seems to be followed by bad luck. But you can count on him when it really matters.

Oh? did I mention his Drunken Fighting style?


Split first place with Lee I choose (cant remember the name again) The lazy guy with a fat friend... He with super intelegence who makes a perfect sqad leader... aah you know who I mean. He is (as I said) Lazy and goes with the flow, + seeing him fight is pure joy.
I'm not so smart. I just stay with the problem a little longer ---- Einstein
User avatar
Odi
 
Joined: 30 Aug 2004

Postby Yunacat » Wed May 17, 2006 9:34 am

Beseinen Stalker wrote:
Yunacat wrote:
Beseinen Stalker wrote:I watch Naruto in english on CN, and I've only read 4 vol.s of the manga: One is the first book special edition and the other 3 are when they were in the forest of death. I always fall for the Bishonen/beseinen so my fav character is Sauke Uchiha.


> >

*tries to resist urge to correct*

< <

*can't resist*

> >

...

His name is Sasuke Uchiha, lol.^^;;;

And what's a Beseinen? > >

Oh, and you are REALLY missing out if you are reading the english manga. They didn't even translate the attack titles, they changed them.

Ex.

Original Attack: Kage Bushin no Jutsu
Translation: Shadow Clone Jutsu
Manga Change: Doppleganger Technique

> <

You should be an editor. lol Anyway, I knew it was Shadow Clone Jutsu in the first place. The first time I read it I felt really weird like; was the anime wrong or the manga? Later I read somthing on this site and it cleared up to me.

Beseinen: Pretty man, (in my choice of age) 19-...........death(as long as they go down looking cute
Bishonen: Pretty boy, (in my choice of age)8-16(sometimes I stop at 13 and just call the 14 up what I want by depending on his look)

To me Sasuke Uchiha would a Bishonen(not cause he doesn't look good its cause hes too young to be a Beseinen)


Oh, cuz i've never heard that word before, plus Bishounen means "Pretty Boy" as well..

Btw, i practically am an editor, lol. I edit my sister's story, i edit one of my friend's stories, someone else wants me to edit some rules on a site, and i'm the editor in a major project in one of the two art studios i'm in (editor of story, script, and even the art!)!^^


Odi wrote:I watched Naruto a loong time ago. I got sick one week or so maby more and during that time I digged through all the episodes to the point where...
Naruto and Sasuke fight seriously mono unt mono at the famous yet pretty Ironic place I cant remember the name of. Some ravine or something
And I read the manga before that (I allways stayed ahead with the manga) to the point where
The team is going to the sand village to save Gaara who had been obducted.


If anyone could tell me what episode of the anime and volume of the maga I stopped viewing/reading I would be verry happey. Even though the anime got pretty slow sometimes the manga still rocked major ass.

For the favorite character I would have to choose. ROCK LEE!
He is so so good at heart but hides it up behind a really dorky façade and seems to be followed by bad luck. But you can count on him when it really matters.

Oh? did I mention his Drunken Fighting style?


Split first place with Lee I choose (cant remember the name again) The lazy guy with a fat friend... He with super intelegence who makes a perfect sqad leader... aah you know who I mean. He is (as I said) Lazy and goes with the flow, + seeing him fight is pure joy.


For the first quote, that's around episode 130-136 or so.

For the second quote, you REALLY need to catch up!

spoiler in case you are curious as to what happened next wrote:After Gaara got kidnapped by the Akatsuki, Naruto's team and Neji's team went looking for him. The Akatsuki had abducted him from Sunagakure because he has Shukaku in him and they wanted to extract that from him, but if someone who has one of the 9 spirits in him/her has it ripped from them, they'll die. There are some decent fighting scenes within the whole thing, like Naruto and Kakashi teaming up against an Akatsuki member. Thing is, we just found out that Kakashi can use the Mangekyou Sharingan, and there was no explaination as to why! Maybe that'll play a part soon, idk. Another slighly decent fight was Sakura and the old lady fighting the Sand Pupper Master (i forgot his name, and no i don't mean Kankurou, i mean a member of the Akatsuki). Naruto and Kakashi find Gaara in the woods; he's found dead. The old lady used a Jutsu that restored Gaara's life in place of her own. Funny thing is, ya know how Gaara is always alone and never seems to be cared about, well, when he wakes up from his near death experience, nearly EVERYONE from Sunagakure is standing around him, and that's ALOT of people! Yay, so he is cared about!! X3

/End Gaara Abduction Arc

+Start Sasuke Reunion Arc

Naruto's team gets a new member for their team to replace Sasuke for a little while. His name is Sai. He's one of those people who smiles but is showing no emotion from it. They also get a new team leader for the time being since Kakashi got injured (i forgot his name though). They do a little snooping around and spying on Orochimaru and Kabuto, and end up getting into a fight with Oro. Naruto fights him, and he ends up going another extent with his Kyuubi chakra. He used the 4th tail of the Kyuubi's chakra and he started to transform into the Kyuubi himself, except he only had 4/9 tails. Oro retreats with Sai saying he was teaming up with Oro. So the rest of team 7 follows after to Oro's hideout. Inside, Sasuke can slighly be sitting by some water (this place is a bit like a fixed up cave.) Sai introduces himself, but Sasuke doesn't say anything. When Sai mentions Naruto and Sakura, Sasuke answered as if he didn't want to hear of Naruto and didn't care about Sakura. He even went so far as to scare Sai with an Sharingan Illusion. Kabuto told Sai he'd take him to his room, and he did, but he locked the door behind him. When the rest of team 7 arrived, they found Sai, and a few things got confusing. At the start, you don't really know anything about Sai's objectives except that they aren't good, but eventually, he ends up trying to help them rescue Sasuke. Originally, he was told to kill Sasuke, but the bond between Naruto and Sasuke reminded him of himself and his brother, so he really wanted to help, and that's just what he did. Everyone had split into two groups to search: Sakura with the leader, and Naruto with Sai. Oro found Naruto and Sai, and Naruto told Sai to go find Sasuke, which he did, but Oro ran off, so Naruto went to find Sai. Sai, by then, had found Sasuke and told him he was returning him to Konohagakure. Sasuke was mad because Sai had woken him up, so he basically formed a crater in the floor which practically destroyed the hideout. When Naruto, Sakura, and Sai looked up at Sasuke, who was now standing on top of the crater, you could FINALLY see his face (they kept hiding it ever since Sai had first talked to him). He wasn't wearing a headband, and he didn't look too much older in my opinion (he looked old enough as it was.. > >). Bad thing is..he was wearing a weird outfit that looked like something Oro would wear.. T.T

/End to Chapter 306



Lol, Lee's funny. I kinda feel sorry for him in a way.. > >

The other character you are talking about is named Shikamaru. He's lazy and he has an IQ of a perfect 200, but he never likes using it, lol.
User avatar
Yunacat
 
Joined: 17 Oct 2004
Location: Looking out the window, listening to the wind...

Postby Yunacat » Wed May 17, 2006 9:36 am

Sorry for the double post but i forgot something. You asked for the manga chapter too, right? Well..i think it's around 230-240 or something (260 is the middle of the puppet battle thing.. > >)
User avatar
Yunacat
 
Joined: 17 Oct 2004
Location: Looking out the window, listening to the wind...

Postby Odi » Wed May 17, 2006 10:09 am

Gawsh! Big informative post :D ! Yunacat I salute you! You took time to wright all that!?

I better start with the manga then...! Cant wait to find a suitable reading soundtrack to it.

Love hina had Chickenpox and Berserk had Iron maiden.

Im guessing naruto will recive Eather Oasis, Asian kung fu generation or the killers. ^^
I'm not so smart. I just stay with the problem a little longer ---- Einstein
User avatar
Odi
 
Joined: 30 Aug 2004

Postby Beseinen Stalker » Wed May 17, 2006 3:21 pm

Yunacat wrote:The other character you are talking about is named Shikamaru. He's lazy and he has an IQ of a perfect 200, but he never likes using it, lol.


it gets on my nerves how he always says something is a drag.
Image
User avatar
Beseinen Stalker
 
Joined: 15 May 2006
Location: In Hotohori's and Sesshomaru's arms

Postby Beseinen Stalker » Wed May 17, 2006 3:25 pm

Yunacat wrote:Oh, cuz i've never heard that word before, plus Bishounen means "Pretty Boy" as well..

Btw, i practically am an editor, lol. I edit my sister's story, i edit one of my friend's stories, someone else wants me to edit some rules on a site, and i'm the editor in a major project in one of the two art studios i'm in (editor of story, script, and even the art!)!^^


I don't like putting the u's in japanese words unless they are really necessary. ex:Sessho(u)maru. I know that some people do it but i like it better my way(its not going to kill anybody anyway)

I also am a editor but I don't know how to put myself in the plublic and be known.
Image
User avatar
Beseinen Stalker
 
Joined: 15 May 2006
Location: In Hotohori's and Sesshomaru's arms

Postby Lyrs » Thu May 18, 2006 12:23 am

the fillers are killing this anime in america, but we don't matter. the japanese audience doesn't mind it.

=/
GeneshaSeal - Dead Seals for Free
Orgasm - It's a Science
User avatar
Lyrs
 
Joined: 29 Aug 2002
Location: Internet Donation: 5814 Posts

Postby Lyrs » Thu May 18, 2006 12:38 pm

Just when I thought it couldn't get any worse, it gets better.


lol, onbu r teh fUnnY!
GeneshaSeal - Dead Seals for Free
Orgasm - It's a Science
User avatar
Lyrs
 
Joined: 29 Aug 2002
Location: Internet Donation: 5814 Posts

Next

Return to Anime Series Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests