Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
angelx03
Location: In school, Rochester NY mainly RIT; in home, Tampa, FL
Org Profile

Post by angelx03 » Sun Apr 30, 2006 9:40 am

Episode 4.......HOLY FU**ING SHIT!!!! This episode ended the first arc, but DAMN! This is seriously the most freaky thing I have ever seen since Paranoia Agent. You get no spoilers out of me since you really have to watch it yourself, but I have been sweating like crazy at the shear horror of this episode. :shock:

Anyone who wants a very good horror suspense like Paranoia Agent, Perfect Blue, or Monster should seriously check this out! You'll never look at cutesy, moe characters the same way ever again! :o
ImageImage

Orwell
godx, Son of godix
Org Profile

Post by Orwell » Fri May 05, 2006 4:16 pm

Paranoia agent was fun, this is just disturbingly psychotic even by my standards, as they do nothing to make it light hearted. HOLY FUCKING SHIT indeed.

How is the story going to work though? Is the old guy the hub with small story arcs developing the plot?
Latest
[Kristyrat]: Vote for Orwell
[Kristyrat]: because train conducters are dicks.
Otohiko: whereas Germans are like "god we are all so horrible, we're going to die a pointless death now."

angelx03
Org Profile

Post by angelx03 » Fri May 05, 2006 4:42 pm

The set-up of the overall story is interesting yet pretty complex. To put it in a nutshell, there are several chapters which tells the same story with the same characters but have different actions and endings. The chapters are split up into two arcs, the "Question" arc and the "Answer" arc. The 1st four episodes makes up the Onikakushi-hen chapter which is part of the "Question" arc. I believe the next set of episode will go to the Watanagashi-hen chapter which is still in the "Question" arc.

In all, it's up to you as the viewer to put together these chapters, and you'll noticed there's some sort of connection.... In a way, it sort of like Boogiepop Phantom in terms of putting the clues laid out yourself. :roll:

Seriously, for an anime based on a doujin game (hell, even the game itself), I have to give these guys lots of credit for making it horrific and intriguingly complicated at the same time.
ImageImage

angelx03
Org Profile

Post by angelx03 » Sun May 07, 2006 5:57 am

Episode 5 starts the Watanagashi chapter, and...
...it starts with that blue haired girl Rika stabbing herself while Mion was watching and laughing maniacally.
Overall, similar set up as episode 1 with a few cutesy activites with Keiichi and the girls. Though this episode also revealed a new character whose name is Shion who is Mion's twin sister. Though the weird thing that happened is that...
...when Keiichi found himself in trouble with a biker gang, Shion appeared and told them to buzz off. Then later a bunch of townspeople appeared surrounding the gang, and the gang ran away.
ImageImage

Odi
Org Profile

Post by Odi » Wed May 10, 2006 5:27 am

This series is getting better by the minute :)

I just have to get a hold of the game somehow!
Spoiler wrote:The part with the townspeople walking up and staring reminded me alot of the towns people in RE4. and why the fuck did (I never remember names) The green haired tomboy loli pretend to be her twin sister she seems to be so embarresd of?
DAMMIT! I just cant wait to se whats gonna happen next!

This series is tilting heavily to get into my DvD collection once its out!

But is it only me or does someone else also hate when japanese people try to sing in eng when they suck at it. It's horrible to lissen to the ending of this series. this allso occurs in the end or opening of NANA. Kinda pity because both of the songs really rock!
I'm not so smart. I just stay with the problem a little longer ---- Einstein

Flame-X
Org Profile

Post by Flame-X » Thu May 11, 2006 12:00 am

HOLY FREAKING CRAP! This series just blows me away. The insanity just surpasses anything I've seen by far. *evil laugh* I should make an amv on this once I get enough footages. >:D

angelx03
Org Profile

Post by angelx03 » Sun May 14, 2006 11:05 am

Episode 6. The plot about the dam incident gets brought up with some intriguing information.
It seems like Mion's And Shion's family are part of the yakuza, and Mion is going to be heir of it. Also it seems that town of Hinamizawa has one freaky history with the festival. It's the same premise; one dies and the other "dissappears". Though the one that "dissappears" gets sacrificed through the rippings of their innards. Ewww! :x

Also in this episode Shion dragged Keiichi to meet up with that photographer and his female companion to check out that locked, forbidden storehouse in which anyone who breaks in will get cursed. And you know those went in anyways! :o

Now comes the creepy part! Mion questioned Keiichi about what he did with Shion. The detective Oishi did the same thing. And that photographer and his female companion got killed. So by the 1 to 1 ratio, Shion and Keiichi might get sacrificed! :shock:
This episode is packed with LOTS of information which could be used to make connections for this chapter and last chapter!
ImageImage

Orwell
godx, Son of godix
Org Profile

Post by Orwell » Tue May 16, 2006 2:27 am

I think I dreamed 7 or possibly 8 last night, 'ravioli' anyone? Has a OST or similar been released? I like the OP for the show.
Latest
[Kristyrat]: Vote for Orwell
[Kristyrat]: because train conducters are dicks.
Otohiko: whereas Germans are like "god we are all so horrible, we're going to die a pointless death now."

angelx03
Org Profile

Post by angelx03 » Sat May 20, 2006 4:14 pm

Orwell wrote:I think I dreamed 7 or possibly 8 last night, 'ravioli' anyone? Has a OST or similar been released? I like the OP for the show.
I haven't heard any release dates for the OST, but yes the OP really rocks! I've Sound is really branching out! :D

Episode 7 was rather creepy in a sense that you must pay attention to the dialouge or else you're going to be lost. I think I need to watch it again. :oops:

Though I noticed some interesting tidbits that should prove to be useful.

The village chief dissappeared. According to Keichii's phone conversation with Shion, she confessed to the chief which she believed led to his dissappearence.

Keiichi in a sense did confess to Rika about the incident in the storehouse through the use of metaphors. Rika then dissappeared as well.

Rena's perception on finding clues in Rika's and Satoko's house was excellent. She's almost like a pint-size version of Sherlock Holmes. Rena is actually not a bad person after all.

That ladder scene where Mion was shaking it with Keiichi on top unfortunetly looked flat out bad. Not only the creepy, deformed wasn't really creepy, the lip-syncing was totally off. :?
Though at the end of the episode, Keiichi found out that...
...all that time on the phone, Shion has been missing after the festival. Which means that it was Mion who was on the phone the whole time! :shock:
ImageImage

Mrhappy370
Org Profile

Post by Mrhappy370 » Sat May 20, 2006 5:01 pm

Orwell wrote:I think I dreamed 7 or possibly 8 last night, 'ravioli' anyone? Has a OST or similar been released? I like the OP for the show.
cdjapan says that the OP single should be released four days from now.
"I tried to throw away a yo-yo. It was fucking impossible." - Mitch Hedberg

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”