Jacon (finally a thread)

Announcement & discussion of Anime Music Video contests
Devil^Shin
Org Profile

Post by Devil^Shin » Mon May 01, 2006 5:40 am

when results with winners will be post ?
Even if the morrow is barren of promises, nothing shall forstall my return.

To become the dew that quenches the land, To spare the sands, the seas, the skies, I offer thee this silent sacrifice.

Ladymercury
Org Profile

Post by Ladymercury » Mon May 01, 2006 9:25 am

Devil^Shin wrote:when results with winners will be post ?
Hmm, this is off the top of my head but:

Best Comedy/Parody - Sin City Trailer | Fate Stay Night
Best Drama/Romance - Cowboy Bebop... i think... that one... yeah.
Best Action - Appleseed one
Best of Show - was it the cowboy bebop one? I don't remember the best of show

Anyway, it was a pretty good contest. The... Gasolina entry had me in stiffles... wtf was that.
ImageImage
" Gray? You mean GLAY?! I like Jiro! "
The Idiot's Guide To Vegas - A Tutorial for Vegas Video
Lights and Sounds, now up on utoob.

Minion
Org Profile

Post by Minion » Mon May 01, 2006 9:40 am

i don't know the name of the best in show, but it wasn't beebop, thats for sure.
sorry if whoever made the beebop amv reads this, but i thought it fell short. got lucky when there wasn't anyone else with a good drama.
the parody winner was animebelle (the sin city one)
major props to the best in show btw. idk the anime, but the video did a really great job on telling a story
KioAtWork: I'm so bored. I don't have class again for another half hour.
Minion: masturbate into someones desk and giggle about it for the remaining 28 minutes

AquaSky
Master of Science
Org Profile

Post by AquaSky » Mon May 01, 2006 12:40 pm

I'm pretty sure the Best in Show was Kusoyaro's You Are What You Love. That one was great, and so was AnnaMay's Fate/Stay Night trailer.

Minion
Org Profile

Post by Minion » Tue May 02, 2006 1:13 pm

still no jacon checkbox on the "cons this video has been in" page. anyone else slightly irritated by this? for some reason it doesn't feel like my video is really "done" until i've checked that damn box :/
Minion: masturbate into someones desk and giggle about it for the remaining 28 minutes

superboi
Org Profile

Post by superboi » Wed May 03, 2006 10:50 pm

yeah... I did the bebop one. This was my first amv contest actually, and I was going to piss my pants if they just showed it, but it freakin won, and it put me to tears for some stupid reason. Just being able to witness over 200 people reacting to every scene. I may have gotten lucky with it, but I have had alot of people tell me they were looking at it in aww, and that it put alot of people to tears, so I'm just gonna take it as another opinion. The majority seemed to like it and that's what really matters.

The song I used was A Perfect Sonnet by this Emo band called Bright Eyes. I ain't Emo or anything, but I was goin through Emo times when I made that... and I think that vid has actually helped me impress the ladys at Jacon, so I ain't complaining at all. :)
I put it in her butt,
and got 20 bux!!!!!

Minion
Org Profile

Post by Minion » Thu May 04, 2006 9:36 am

i'm a horrible person. i laughed at the sound julia's head made hitting the ground. sorry

Ladymercury
Org Profile

Post by Ladymercury » Thu May 04, 2006 9:54 am

superboi wrote:yeah... I did the bebop one. This was my first amv contest actually, and I was going to piss my pants if they just showed it, but it freakin won, and it put me to tears for some stupid reason. Just being able to witness over 200 people reacting to every scene. I may have gotten lucky with it, but I have had alot of people tell me they were looking at it in aww, and that it put alot of people to tears, so I'm just gonna take it as another opinion. The majority seemed to like it and that's what really matters.

The song I used was A Perfect Sonnet by this Emo band called Bright Eyes. I ain't Emo or anything, but I was goin through Emo times when I made that... and I think that vid has actually helped me impress the ladys at Jacon, so I ain't complaining at all. :)
I really LOVED that video. Innovative, excellent.
ImageImage
" Gray? You mean GLAY?! I like Jiro! "
The Idiot's Guide To Vegas - A Tutorial for Vegas Video
Lights and Sounds, now up on utoob.

superboi
Org Profile

Post by superboi » Thu May 04, 2006 3:09 pm

Don't worry bout it Minion. I left that scene just how it was in the anime, and now that I think about it that was a bad idea. Every1 and their grandmother has used that scene for any Cowboy Bebop amv out there, so you've probably seen it more than you've seen yerself take a piss. I was kinda expecting people to make fun of it but hoped they wouldn't out of respect of the situation... but if I was in yer shoes I prolly would have done the same.

I made fan girls cry, and it helped me get a girl that night anyway, so I'm happy.
I put it in her butt,
and got 20 bux!!!!!

superboi
Org Profile

Post by superboi » Thu May 04, 2006 4:03 pm

oh yeah... I forgot to say that AMV CLone was freakin awesome... BELIEVE IT!!!! I don't know why either but me and my friends had a HUGE ass time laughing our asses off to almost everything (particularly Hard Gay... look it up on youtube), and when we started panting too hard we started singin "I'm havin a heart attack".

Personally I thought the Napoleon Dynomite was the best part. There was a small editing error where he says, "She says I'm livin too much in 82", but I didn't care. I liked it. Good work people.

And the Kill Bill Parody was pretty cool too. I'm gonna be making my own parody w/ FFVII sometime after this summer. Probably just a Parody to the movie itself. Make my own trailer, and you'll see what else I add. It'll be unexpected, but so obvious at the same time.
I put it in her butt,
and got 20 bux!!!!!

Return to “AMV Contests”