Black Lagoon

This section is for the rational discussion of anime on a series basis. Spoilers should be expected, but please be courteous to your fellow users.
paizuri
Org Profile

Black Lagoon

Post by paizuri » Sun Apr 23, 2006 4:18 pm

This is the official Black Lagoon discussion thread.

angelx03
Location: In school, Rochester NY mainly RIT; in home, Tampa, FL
Org Profile

Post by angelx03 » Sun Apr 23, 2006 6:07 pm

I'll be very blunt. Anyone who wants to see a voluptious big-breasted mercenary with 2 pairs of guns (yes, I said 2 pairs; guess which ones I'm referring to :o ) in a gritty contempory atmosphere blowing stuff up, this series delivers it!

This is also including some really kickass action sequences from Madhouse (which I'm surprised that it's really fluid; I REALLY hope they don't drop the ball with this one), and a hard rock/techno OP song from I've Sound MELL (see, they don't just do J-pop songs for cutesy bishoujo series :wink: ).

From the looks of the credits, it seems like Geneon USA was involved in the production of the series, so I guess I can make an assumption that this got prelicensed. :roll:
ImageImage

Orwell
godx, Son of godix
Org Profile

Post by Orwell » Mon Apr 24, 2006 2:01 am

The series is definitely worth a look, who can resist a semi-psychotic woman with big guns. The main male character is amusingly pathetic without taking it to exaggerated heights. I thought the action sequences were generally nice, though it would be nice if the laws of physics weren't completely missing at times.
Latest
[Kristyrat]: Vote for Orwell
[Kristyrat]: because train conducters are dicks.
Otohiko: whereas Germans are like "god we are all so horrible, we're going to die a pointless death now."

OmniStrata
Org Profile

Post by OmniStrata » Mon Apr 24, 2006 10:35 am

Hiroe is the SHIZNIT!! [look at the manga for this series, if it comes here, hopefully CMX won't fuck it up and maybe a good company will get it. His art is SEXY GOOD...]

Azasuke Wind [doujin artist of cg] seems to have an addiction to the manga as well [his art of the characters is smoking hot...]

And yeah, Levi r0x0rs me c0x0rs...

:shock: I'd like to get into her shorts... :wink: [while she's still wearing them of course...]

OmniStrata
Org Profile

Post by OmniStrata » Wed Apr 26, 2006 9:57 am

I wonder if the Red Fraction single is out...

I've sounds punk techno is equal to their trance-goa style songs...

I love I've Sound, they do everything...

And to think they "humbly" started in the realm of h-game intros! :D
"Strength lies in action. Let the weak react to me..." - Kamahl, Pit Fighter from Magic: the Gathering
"That is a mistake many of my enemies make. They think before they act. I act before I think!" - Vortigern from Merlin ('98)
"I AM REBORN!" - Dark Schneider Bastard!! OAV

OmniStrata
Org Profile

Post by OmniStrata » Thu Apr 27, 2006 8:37 am

Episode 2 involves a chicken race including a flying Torpedo Headbutt!!!

No idea wtf I'm talking about? lol WATCH IT!
"Strength lies in action. Let the weak react to me..." - Kamahl, Pit Fighter from Magic: the Gathering
"That is a mistake many of my enemies make. They think before they act. I act before I think!" - Vortigern from Merlin ('98)

angelx03
Location: In school, Rochester NY mainly RIT; in home, Tampa, FL
Org Profile

Post by angelx03 » Thu Apr 27, 2006 8:54 am

And thus the action scene that defies all of physics! It's almost like a Hollywood action flick. Now all we need are flying white doves to appear out of nowhere. :lol:
ImageImage

OmniStrata
Org Profile

Post by OmniStrata » Fri Apr 28, 2006 2:25 pm

becareful what you wish for...

I'd wish to see a bikini on Levi...

Then again, azasuke wind does her quite good...

If you know what I'm talkin' bout, may God have mercy on your soul... :lol:

OmniStrata
Org Profile

Post by OmniStrata » Fri Apr 28, 2006 2:31 pm

I love the little mischievous things we see on Levi in the intro... ["you" drawn on cheek with raspberry, very tasty... lyrical synch? w00t]

The song is in Engrish too! anyone got something that resembles the lyrics...?

I'll try to see if I can hear it out... lol

Gotta love the butt shots of Levi fiddling with her 9mm cutlass sword in the intro as well...

yay* :D

Kalium
Sir Bugsalot
Org Profile

Post by Kalium » Fri Apr 28, 2006 2:36 pm

Black Lagoon has just as much badittude as Speed Grapher. Unlike the latter, it knows exactly what to do with it.

Verdict: f-ing awesome!

Return to “Anime Series Discussion”