Post by jubjub2 » Tue Mar 28, 2006 1:33 am

Congratulations everyone!

/me tosses confetti for Infinity

Infinity Squared
Mr. Poopy Pants
Org Profile

Post by Infinity Squared » Tue Mar 28, 2006 1:43 am

The Tsunami Jones effect, I see... :lol:

Congratulations to everyone... and really... wow, thank you so much... I'm really stunned...

*faints again*

jade_eyed_angel
Mad Scientist
Org Profile

Post by jade_eyed_angel » Tue Mar 28, 2006 1:45 am

Infinity Squared wrote:The Tsunami Jones effect, I see... :lol:

Congratulations to everyone... and really... wow, thank you so much... I'm really stunned...

*faints again*
lol you so deserve it :P

Devil^Shin
Org Profile

Post by Devil^Shin » Tue Mar 28, 2006 3:31 am

yeah congrats to all winners :P
Even if the morrow is barren of promises, nothing shall forstall my return.

To become the dew that quenches the land, To spare the sands, the seas, the skies, I offer thee this silent sacrifice.

Seijin_Dinger
Moron #69
Org Profile

Post by Seijin_Dinger » Tue Mar 28, 2006 3:50 am

I would like to say that I enjoyed this year more than last year, as I already had a semi routine down and refined it so I was less stressed out.

Again, Thank you everyone for sending me such beautiful work to use this year, and hopefully I will be able to finish a video sooner or later to start submitting to other contests
Sakura-Con AMV Contest 2005-2012, Vice Chairman 2013-2014

TaranT
Org Profile

Post by TaranT » Tue Mar 28, 2006 4:21 am

I snuck a couple of photos of the two main exhibition rooms with my phone cam.

This first pic is of the main events room and was taken right after closing ceremonies. Capacity is about 3500; it was about 1/2 - 2/3 full during the AMV show. The pic doesn't give a good view of how long the room is. In the center is the main screen; it's 20-30 feet across. It's flanked by two screens, and there are two smaller ones that hang from the ceiling about halfway to the back wall which is where this pic was taken.

This next pic is of the auxiliary events room which is where AMV Hell 3 was shown (followed by three more hours of AMVs and hosted by Vlad). I think we figured it could hold about 350 people. I know it was not full when AMV Hell was running (maybe 150-200). The picture was taken during the charity auction.

The AMV panel and the first AMV 4-hour block were held in a smaller room on Friday. And, someone was running a 24/7 AMV room elsewhere in the convention center. It was not quite as large as the aux room, but there were always many people there every time I looked in.

Seijin_Dinger
Moron #69
Org Profile

Post by Seijin_Dinger » Tue Mar 28, 2006 4:39 am

ran out of the room multiple times (well limped) because when i get nervous I get really thirsty. I carried a 20 oz water bottle that I filleed and drank between 12 and 20 times my estimate was about 2/3 - 3/4 with a few seating deadspots that I will work out how to better utilise seating and layout wise

also with it on friday its not the biggest event and I will get the rough estimate of how many people were on site at the start of the contest (our registration manager is gonna be busy and I cant bring myself to ask her now because that slows her work down) and the room layoput was slightly changed but not very much by the design I had from just before the con, and the room sat 2,983 + a Maximum of 10 in the center in the control area

also I was given some of the estimated demographics

last year we held more of an audience than cosplay but not oening and closing

and this year (honestly not trying to brag but well it does make me feel warm and fuzzy inside) this year we were the largest of the main event (not sure of the concert) the dances were all limnited to a maximum of 2000 people attending

TaranT, I hate to ask, but would you happen to have an image of the room we used last year? if not I can ask arround

and 30,000 square feet is a LOT of space
Sakura-Con AMV Contest 2005-2012, Vice Chairman 2013-2014

genestarwind21122
Samurai Master
Org Profile

Post by genestarwind21122 » Tue Mar 28, 2006 8:49 am

Congrats to the winners. And looks like it was a nice set up too.

Gene Starwind 21122

Tsunami Jones
is the best medicine.
Org Profile

Re: Sakura-Con 2006 Contest Winners

Post by Tsunami Jones » Tue Mar 28, 2006 11:50 am

Infinity Squared wrote: The Tsunami Jones effect, I see...
:lol:

Congrats to everyone!

:amv:

TaranT
Org Profile

Post by TaranT » Tue Mar 28, 2006 11:52 am

Seijin_Dinger wrote:TaranT, I hate to ask, but would you happen to have an image of the room we used last year? if not I can ask arround
No, I don't. Didn't think to do it last year. Sorry!

Return to “AMV Contests”