Question for the noobie (about animating cut outs and other)

The old Video Software Help forum, left visible as an archive.
milkmandan
Org Profile

Post by milkmandan » Mon Mar 27, 2006 5:22 pm

thanks gangstaj8, i'll check it out as soon as i get the chance..

gangstaj8, could you give me a detailed explanation on how to do your method? Starting from how you export each frame, how you photoshop each picture and then how you apply the green screen. Please >_<

I swear my method is all wrong, or at least slow.
Image Image

CHAMELEON_D_H
Org Profile

Post by CHAMELEON_D_H » Mon Mar 27, 2006 5:53 pm

Firts of all I'd like to say that pianos is a genius. Now for how I think he did it:

There are 4 layers - top to bottom -
1) Girl in red - I think he used a color key to cut her out. Might be other key effect.
2) Bright face of girl - seems like extract, and playing with contrast to make it pale, and some transparecy. Another option might be luma key.
3) Book - looks like simple masking.
4)Dark Background - might be without change, hard to tell. maybe he blurred it.

the catch here is that he used the book's mask on both upper layers, thus keeping them from spilling over out of the book. Then he created a new mask to prevent the top layer from spilling over the second.

All can be done with AE. If you want to make this kinda stuff start learning it. You should ask pianos how he did all this amazing things.

I think I'll go to admire that AMV a few more times.....
Before asking, THINK!!! Have you read The Guides, consulted The Wiki and watched The Corn?

milkmandan
Org Profile

Post by milkmandan » Mon Mar 27, 2006 6:02 pm

yeah seriously thats exactly how i felt when i saw the video
i was like "OMFG WTF BBQ KFC"?
i honestly though it was not an AMV, but an actual production for the anime Rozen Maiden and they just didn't "use it" cuz it wasn't good enuff.

Anyways Chameleon_d_h, i've watched Rozen Maiden very recently so here are the things that did not change.

The girl in red, the scene was just like that. very white. with her falling back and what not. nothing changed

the book is simple masking, and the dark background is was orignally like that. so not changes there.

The masking of the book and the pale face are utterly amazing though, i have the video on my phone, just so i can watch it again and again while i am out, just to admire his great-ness.

I've tried to email piano, but he lives in Japan, and it appears his english is not top notch :) So i doubt i'll be able to reach him, although it seems like he knows Zarxrax, so maybe if i got a hold of Zarxrax....(hmmmmm? :)) the greatest editor in the world has to know SOMETHING eh eh?
Image Image

milkmandan
Org Profile

Post by milkmandan » Mon Mar 27, 2006 7:25 pm

anyone wanna help me discet that Rozen Maiden AMV. bit by bit, examine how Piano made such a badass video?

Starting from the very first second, with the splitting of the image? It looks like a direct copy of the Samurai 7 splitting but in actuallity its not >_<

There are so many 'good' effects in this video..

Eg, the flower petals falling down, the grid like pattern in the beginning and how the grid falls underneath the girl, the flash zoom of the grid, the 50 frame cut outs, the weird lights flying around, the red ripple transition, the book masking, the multiple clips on the bricks (amazing 00:49), the flying black feathers (also amazing), the water ripple effect from the black feather, the crazy slide transitions, the swirly red lines flying around, more swirly lines (but they are punched out this time), and MORE animated masks.

theres too much, -_- kill me now...i've got 30 years before i ever reach this level.
Image Image

CHAMELEON_D_H
Org Profile

Post by CHAMELEON_D_H » Mon Mar 27, 2006 7:27 pm

milkmandan wrote:The girl in red, the scene was just like that. very white. with her falling back and what not. nothing changed

the book is simple masking, and the dark background is was orignally like that. so not changes there.

The masking of the book and the pale face are utterly amazing though, i have the video on my phone, just so i can watch it again and again while i am out, just to admire his great-ness.
The Girl in red was "key"ed, otherwise he couldn't have made the BG in the shot transparant. I say we ask Zarxrax......
Before asking, THINK!!! Have you read The Guides, consulted The Wiki and watched The Corn?

milkmandan
Org Profile

Post by milkmandan » Mon Mar 27, 2006 7:32 pm

Ahahaha!~ good idea :)
Image Image

Pianos
Org Profile

res

Post by Pianos » Mon Mar 27, 2006 10:28 pm

1. The scene where it wants it is prepared in the interlace animation.
2. It outputs it with aviutl sequential number BMP.
3. BMP that has been changed is selected (About 15 pieces or less if it is 30
pieces).
4. It makes with Illustator the clipping mask (The color is noted).
# The compound passing is made with ctrl+8 if there are two or more
# masks.
# The clipping mask execution and the compound passing with ctrl+A ..
# image.. do not contain and select all passing.
# Example:The space between hairs etc. : D.
5. The animation and AI files are read to Premiere and After Effects.

An individual AI file is additionally matched to animation.

at Japanese

1. 欲しいシーンをインターレース動画で用意
2. aviutlで連番BMP出力
3. 変化しているBMPを選別(30枚なら約最大15枚ほど)
4. Illustatorでクリッピングマスク作成(色に注意)
# もし複数マスクがあるならctrl+8で複合パスを作成
# ctrl+Aでクリッピングマスク実行、複合パスは画像含まずパスすべてを選択
# 例:髪の間の隙間など:D
5. PremiereやAfter Effectsに動画とAIファイルを読み込む。

動画にあわせて1つ1つのAIファイルを合わせます。

English cannot be written well.

I'm sorry …

Pianos
Org Profile

Postscript

Post by Pianos » Mon Mar 27, 2006 10:48 pm

A postscript is added to Illustrator:
Positional, fixed frame 720x480 etc. are matched to video size and after
the AI file is concealed and the preservation clipping mask is executed of
all, Ichi ctrl+A has already been pushed, and it is 0.5pix and # 333333 as
for the color of the pool.

Example of AfterEffects:
Three AI files are done repeatedly.
The on:It is set soft lei in Blur smoothness 5-10.
Center:Or soft lei usually
The under:It set overlays it to 90 degrees 5-10 in the Blur direction.

gangstaj8
Org Profile

Post by gangstaj8 » Mon Mar 27, 2006 11:04 pm

Yay! Looks I don't have to write up a detail on greenscreening for you, Milkman. (procrastination strikes again...) Frame by frame is very tedious anyway, so I hope you can figure out AE. If you'd still like some pointers with green-screen, I don't mind sharing, but just don't mistake me for a pro when it comes to Photoshop. Good luck.
The Golden Rule of AMV's: "Render unto others as you would have them Render unto you."

milkmandan
Org Profile

Post by milkmandan » Tue Mar 28, 2006 5:33 am

i am sorry, but i am not very Adobe Premiere savvy and Piano's explanation confused me more than anything. Can someone interpret for me, or come up with a less complicated explanation? hahahah sorry Piano~
Image Image

Return to “Video Software Help Archive”