2006 VCA Winners

downwithpants
BIG PICTURE person
Org Profile

Post by downwithpants » Fri Mar 24, 2006 1:51 pm

congrats all. i still haven't watched all the nominees yet, but of the winners that i have watched, they were well deserved this year.
maskandlayer()|My Guide to WMM 2.x
a-m-v.org Last.fm|<a href="http://www.frappr.com/animemusicvideosdotorg">Animemusicvideos.org Frappr</a>|<a href="http://tinyurl.com/2lryta"> Editors and fans against the misattribution of AMVs</a>

Lyrs
Org Profile

Post by Lyrs » Fri Mar 24, 2006 11:21 pm

Torrent:

I'd like to request a package torrent of all the winners.

Thanks.
GeneshaSeal - Dead Seals for Free
Orgasm - It's a Science

istiv
Org Profile

Post by istiv » Sat Mar 25, 2006 9:55 am

Congrats to the winner, and thank you people for supporting the Race. It didn't win anything but i'm already glad some people liked it as it may be (one of ?) my last vid. thx.
ImageImage
ImageImage

Another Shauna Video
Org Profile

Post by Another Shauna Video » Sat Mar 25, 2006 10:00 am

istiv wrote:Congrats to the winner, and thank you people for supporting the Race. It didn't win anything but i'm already glad some people liked it as it may be (one of ?) my last vid. thx.
Aw! I'm sad to hear that! As I really enjoyed your videos just because of all the hard work and effort you put into them! But seeing how well done and how orginal your ideas are, I can guess they take a lot of work. Although I'm sad to hear this, I can understand why.
Somedays you just sit back and wonder... why me?

Reigna
is actually a penguin in boots
Org Profile

Post by Reigna » Sat Mar 25, 2006 6:20 pm

Lyrs wrote:Torrent:

Thanks.
A torrent was put up for all the finalists, so you could just get the winners from that. You can find the thread for it here
Casting white shadows.

Reigna
is actually a penguin in boots
Org Profile

Post by Reigna » Sat Mar 25, 2006 6:24 pm

Reigna wrote:
Lyrs wrote:Torrent:

Thanks.
A torrent was put up for all the finalists, so you could just get the winners from that. You can find the thread for it here
Never mind that, the link was removed. My bad :x
Casting white shadows.

Yunacat
Org Profile

Post by Yunacat » Tue Mar 28, 2006 10:03 am

I was disappointed to see that Lost Soul didn't win as well (i voted for it obviously)

Also, i'd watch some of the videos that did win except i have one problem. I can't watch AVI files ( this laptop is a school one. we're able to put what we want on it so long as it doesn't break the blocks, and this laptop has blocked the installation of DIVX.. > < There's a few i REALLY wanted to see too.. T.T )

Purge
Org Profile

Post by Purge » Tue Mar 28, 2006 6:19 pm

Yunacat wrote: Also, i'd watch some of the videos that did win except i have one problem. I can't watch AVI files ( this laptop is a school one. we're able to put what we want on it so long as it doesn't break the blocks, and this laptop has blocked the installation of DIVX.. > < There's a few i REALLY wanted to see too.. T.T )
Use VLC player http://www.videolan.org/vlc/download-windows.html

it has the codecs already installed in the program.

PDFarsight
Org Profile

Post by PDFarsight » Tue Apr 25, 2006 12:09 pm

Grats to everyone who won. Especially glad to see Sierra Lorna win a few, as her vids are super awesome and I'm still in awe (her sister too... they're too god =_=). Also good to see AMV Hell 3... was highly expected, and I'm glad it got what it well deserves. :D Good job guys!
Genius of Hard Work, at your service.

ManWithAMovieCamera
Org Profile

Post by ManWithAMovieCamera » Wed May 03, 2006 3:39 am

timd20 wrote:Could somone explain to me Jihaku's popularity and why it won four awards? this AMV was just a collection of random anime clips accompanied by a live action mouth singing a song.
I can try, but I think the best you can do is watching the clip again.

What I felt watching Jihaku was a lonely voice singing for the thousand loners, drown in a mute crowded place.
Something that acts like a power supply to wounded heroes, like saori's prayer (stupid, but so fucking powerfull) or alike.
A "teenager clip" at worst, but a well done one.

You said it is a "random" edited clip, but I don't think so.
Chosen shots are edited in key moments to boost drama up (like "Monster" or "grave of the fireflies" shots).

About technical stuffs, like synch or visual effects, everythingis ok, well thinked and efficient.

A piece of choice.

Hope you'll see more through this clip.

Return to “Site Announcements”